Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 43422 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 6: Noodles]
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2018, 10:40:35 pm »

I'll take ER then. Assuming he can follow orders.

Unrelated but what happens if I eat him? Since wizards can't die, would he just spawn somewhere? Asking for a friend.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2018, 10:44:15 pm »

I can follow orders, but I can't guarantee that I can accomplish orders when I'm beholden to straight 1d6, because the dice hate me sometimes.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2018, 11:07:08 pm »

By the current system you'd just keep maiming him ever more savagely, granting [Maimed: Devoured Muscles] and [Maimed: Heartless] and so on.

I'm thinking about leaning a little more chunky salsa anyway though, so I might go a little further off the rails to handle the consumption of smaller, weaker players.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2018, 06:54:44 am »

Everyone is now in a free-for-all to impress the peasantry as much as possible. Presumably by slaying jackals and saving peasants. The triumphant House will gain the honor of going on the first mission, while everyone else will be shunted to inactive status. While inactive, you will generate resources like a peasant (assuming you have any suitable skills) but may not take actions. Houses will take turns between active missions and inactive drudgery.

Doing better on missions than your fellow Houses gives you a larger share of the peasantry's output. Also missions tend to benefit the settlement in some way, and so often result in more output total.
Focus skill: Protection/Life/Glow, in that order, with the theme of: Research.

Because Elen was blamed and it hit their house, and Akari finds this very unfair.

Spoiler: House Nightmare; Akari (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2018, 08:58:39 am »

BB is mostly preoccupied with trying to free the Golort via Earth magic
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn Deal With It]
« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2018, 05:40:49 pm »

After analyzing the proffered options, contemplated them for a few seconds. "The Vault, the Tomb or... Wellwater. While I am quite interested in the undead and riches to add to our hoard, we need food to feed both ourselves and our valiant retainers. And exotic victuals are better than common ones." he said while gesturing at the peasants before walking to the edge of the hole Anna had fallen into.

"And our friend is still down there, not looking quite like herself anymore, if better than a moment before." he added while peering down.

1 Necromancy: Keep trying to dilute and tame the taint.
+1 Necromancy: Then create a blast attack based on the power.
+Enchantment: Improve the blast attack with extra range and AoE.

Leadership: Pick a peasant and check how they react to basic peasantry drills.

((Yay, enough time and drive to post.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2018, 06:06:46 pm »

Since everything is mostly sorted out... Get room in the tavern, or something. (:P)
Nope. On furtrer consideration, i will try my luck at everyone's inactivity limbo for now. Because GM will\would totally roll for this.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:41:03 am by MCreeper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2018, 01:06:58 am »

Turn 7: Ball Of Infinitely Gnashing Problems

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jackal-Nost laughs through heavy jaws ragged teeth, voice coming out horribly modulated. "Weak and mindless creatures. But useful resources."

Go to the Jackal corpses. Eat half of them and use [5] transmogrification and 1 passion to incorporate their flesh into me, generally just becoming an even bigger and more horrifying hellhound.

Then use my 3 vitamancy and a passion to forcibly regenerate as many of the remaining corpses as possible, targeting those that are in the best condition first. Bring them back as intelligent but utterly obedient servitors.

We're going to go to that vault. After all, the undead are just flesh. And all flesh will bow before me.

[2] To no one's great surprise, your attempts to shapeshift jackal meat onto yourself results in a cancerous vaguely jackal-shaped blob.

[3] You bring back a series of half-healed jackalbots that do nothing but gnaw upon your excessive flesh. All in all today's going nothing like you hoped but more or less like you expected.

1 Transmogrification Passion spent: Transmogrification increases from +5 to +6!
1 Vitamancy Passion spent: No increase

"NO LAZIN ABOUT!"

Reanimate my flayed skin and order it to get a pickaxe from wherever there is a pickaxe to get and start digging. Infuse it with EXTRA STRENGTH and MORE GRASPING STUFF to facillitate this.

Then use stone magic to start carving the staircase to my goddamn underground empire. THE WORLD BELOW IS MINE FOR THE PLUNDER.

Mordre cancels gainful employment: On Break

"I think the Wellspring Cave would be good! Think of all the bladders, sacs, and other assorted organs we could gather! Think of the secretions! And the plants! I could make potions for everyone! And maybe we could grow the plants up here somewhere!" Ventaro shots excitedly to cast his vote

See if I can find some jackal bits to feed to my new whip/pet. Use my seduction to help so maybe it will be less hostile to me. Even if the venom doesn't matter, it's still too kinky for such an early stage in the relationship. I'm also willing to use all my Brawling on this if keeping the cobra from escaping is necessary.

See if I can find a large amount (1 Herbalism) of some sort of herb around the battlefield (1 Herbalism) that is safe to handle (1 Herbalism), easy to refine (1 Alchemy), and has potent (2 Alchemy) regenerative (1 Alchemy) and durability/defense-enhancing (1 Alchemy) properties. Hopefully I can find something to refine into my flask before we go on a mission and I actually need it.

[4] You feed some jackal meat to your snake. You don't think snakes are supposed to eat strips of meat like that, but this one does. Then goes back to savaging you to no effect. Well, no visible effect, anyway, other than it stings.

[3] You find some sweet-smelling goo on the trees. That's about as medicinal as you'd expect to find out here on short notice.

Use ninjaturgy to disguise myself as VonNost so I can go on missions!
[1] You sort of get the sounds right and the half-jackals immediately begin feasting on you. Without the layers of flesh-that-should-not-be from the real VonNost, this is a rather serious problem.

-7 HP
Now Eaten By Jackals
+1 Ninjaturgy

I approve of an expedition to the Wellsprng Cave. Just give me a moment...

Check if my skeleton is able to walk with or without a limp, and if that carries over to when I try to walk.

Do some crystalgun practice with leaves on trees, to make sure that my skeleton and I are clear on how to use it. (I'm expecting a trickshot bonus due to the fact that I'm shooting individual leaves off the trees.)

Your skeleton is as maimed as you are with regards to your limp. You wonder if that makes him less dangerous in rallying troops for the skeleton war.

[1] You shoot one of your toes off with extreme precision.

Now Nine-Toed
+1 Crystalguns

Ask VonNost if I can join The New Flesh and help him do, like, newfleshy things?
You take his pained slavering howls as a yes and try to stand next to him but not within thrashing half-alive jackal range.

Why is it not dead yet? Pray to the Idol of Dagon for strenght to consume and feast on the crow.
Hrodpreht cancels dig self deeper: On Break

Oh yeah? Two us can play the energy absorbing game. Rub my little squeeze ball against the ragged shadow, hopefully absorbing its energy instead.

If that doesn't work at all, hit him with a "Angry Squirrel Demolishes Peanut Shell". Focus CHi magic into my hands and use them to grab and rip apart the tentacle.

Li Kao cancels dramatic fight scene: Show on hiatus

After analyzing the proffered options, contemplated them for a few seconds. "The Vault, the Tomb or... Wellwater. While I am quite interested in the undead and riches to add to our hoard, we need food to feed both ourselves and our valiant retainers. And exotic victuals are better than common ones." he said while gesturing at the peasants before walking to the edge of the hole Anna had fallen into.

"And our friend is still down there, not looking quite like herself anymore, if better than a moment before." he added while peering down.

1 Necromancy: Keep trying to dilute and tame the taint.
+1 Necromancy: Then create a blast attack based on the power.
+Enchantment: Improve the blast attack with extra range and AoE.

Leadership: Pick a peasant and check how they react to basic peasantry drills.

((Yay, enough time and drive to post.))
[3] Your attempts to dilute and tame the taint, let alone dilute and focus it into a breath weapon, seem at odds with one another. Keeping it spread out is probably better for overt symptom management, but doing anything with it probably benefits from higher concentrations. Unless you want to do something to parts of yourself in an effort to also affect diluted elements in ways you don't think you could with more concentrated ones.

[2] The peasants all think they're ninjas now, which means they do no work and stylishly attack enemies who won't hit them back. You suspect someone is responsible for this, but you can't fathom who. Maybe the sound of that ninja screaming as he's eaten by jackals makes it hard to focus.

House Arcana
After hauling Anna out of her pit, you strike out for Wellwater Cave, which is further away but quite likely part of the same complex you just fished her out of. After descending down a ragged hole in the ground, you find yourself in a cavern much like Anna's Pit, mostly of the native sandstone but run through with strange pipes and sporting slowly flowing water in suspicious amounts.

You follow this until you hit a junction, where two problems present themselves. One, there are three passageways leading off this one. The leftmost seems to slope up, drying out somewhat but still covered in a trickling stream. The second sports more pipes than normal, and arranged in stranger patterns. The third seems to go down or deepen, sporting water too deep to see the bottom of. As you're unfamiliar with these caverns/ruins, you're not sure what the ramifications, if any, of each of these three changes would be.

The other problem, of course, is that a shrieking mushroom-thing lunges up from the pool in the junction as you trudge into it to get a better look at the tunnels.

Baseborn Scum
VonNost and From head to the Vault, following the villagers' instructions. Like Wellwater Cave, this one is located a distance away from the village, but otherwise reached simply via going down. An unusually large tree- gnarled, leafless, and leaking sap like the others- perches at the crevice, its roots providing one of the easier ways down.

Once in the pit, you notice the pipes being joined by what appear to be plates and other adornments, though these additions don't make any more sense to you than the previous ones. There's an obvious concentration down some paths more than others, which you're guessing represents "deeper" into the Vault; presumably heading straight in will take you where you want to go, but a more circuitous route might let you bypass certain problems. Or lead you into them, you're new here.

Oh, and VonNost has trouble squeezing into the tunnels. There's that.

Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Baseborn Scum (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jackalbait (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 7: Ball Of Infinitely Gnashing Problems]
« Reply #278 on: October 17, 2018, 01:58:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*sigh*

Use whatever combination of magic is required to reform myself into my desired shape. Aim for Hakumen No Mono, sorta nine tailed shark wolf with giant shit eating grin. Just dump a bunch of magic into it. Oh and small enough not to be too constrained down here.

If that works, go straight ahead. If not, sit and waste another turn waiting for the dice to come up right.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 17, 2018, 02:19:36 am »

Jeffery quickly summons a metal spear using one point of summoning for the base spell, one point of metal to make it out of metal, and another point of metal to randomize what metal the spear ends up being created from.

His second action depends on the actions of the mushroom-thing. If it is hostile, then he uses his spear skill to stabby it. If it does not make any hostile moves, then he simply watches it cautiously.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 17, 2018, 05:27:34 am »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
Try to use my sandstone charm and nonfunctional sword as foci for some kind of a Lightning-based Jackal Zapper effect!

Then if the jackals get off of me, demonstrate ninja humility(?!) by going back to taking a break and not being eaten.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 17, 2018, 08:15:01 am »

Pipes. Metal magic. I want at least one of them thwacking that mushroom.

And then also shoot it with my gun, which you appear to have renamed "Cloudstopper". Use air magic to enhance accuracy and speed.

Put full applicable skill behind each attack, plus crystalgun passion as stated below.

Also, a 1 also grants Passion, right? I believe I should have gotten a Crystalgun Passion this turn, despite the less-than-ideal manner in which I did so.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:06:49 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 17, 2018, 08:51:15 am »

"While you're doing whatever you're doing Iiiiiii'm going to just take a quick breather k."

Rest to recover some health. Have Irstevfel watch my back.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 17, 2018, 03:33:36 pm »

Also, a 1 also grants Passion, right? I believe I should have gotten a Crystalgun Passion this turn, despite the less-than-ideal manner in which I did so.
You did, that's what "+1 Crystalguns" means. You didn't gain an actual gun, it's just shorthand for "this skill's passion."

That said, trivial actions generally don't generate passion. I gave it to you this time because precision maiming is pretty inspirational, but regular leaf-shootin' fer the sake of leaf-shootin' wouldn't get you anything if it went as planned.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2018, 04:09:07 pm »

You did, that's what "+1 Crystalguns" means.
...derp, somehow I missed that you put "+1 Crystalguns" in there. Sorry.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26