Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78659 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10)
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2018, 04:14:42 am »

Well, I want to make more fuel, but I need to work on other things, the simplest solution to that is.
Find someone who work on cloning and ask to clone myself
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2018, 04:55:17 am »

follow the officers answer  their questions honestly so we can solve this misunderstanding quickly.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2018, 05:41:33 am »

Ask them were they learned such untruths, as I haven't told them anything like that.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2018, 09:07:33 am »

Bump for sprinkled chariot; next turn will be tomorrow if he hasn't posted by then.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2018, 09:08:38 am »

Start excavation of pyramid in search of eldritch wisdom

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2018, 06:57:43 pm »

Interesting. Attempt to run another series of recruited through the revised conditioning, once again from military-esque backgrounds like the FBI agent. Also, try to awaken any latent psychic power within myself.

(recruits) [1d6+1+skill bonus = 1+1+1 = 3] Unfortunately, you still can’t find any military personnel who are psychics. On the other hand, you manage to find and awaken several more pseudo-military government employees.

(awaken) [1d6+1+skill bonus = 6+1-1 = 6] In the superpower lottery, it might be fair to say that you were below-average. You have telekinesis, sure… but it has no setting between “off” and “blast of force”.

Try again with developing an interface system, I want to at the very least be able to communicate with my creation. Nurture its interests and let it know that I am here.

(interface) [1d6 = 6] If the AI can’t communicate in a human way, you’ll have to communicate in a computer way. You swiftly develop a neural interface headset that allows communication with computers and put it on.

You are greeted with the sight of a four-dimensional web of data. Suddenly, the web flares into activity, with nodes being created, destroyed, but mostly shifting on the W-axis. After this upheaval, a line of binary appears and floats towards you. Translated, it reads:
Code: [Select]
Creator. Why is baseball popular?
"Ok clones lets stat pumping out some more clones."

Activate the cloning vats and begin cloning again. My target is 30 clones total. Try to find this Allam Aarant and propose to join forces. Tell my clones that we will be keeping all activities on the down-low for the force-able future.

(cloning vats) [1d6 = 6] One batch goes fine. The second suffers from slightly higher temperature, but still comes out fine. After the third, however, you are forced to stop the vats due to overheating.

You take a car over to Allam Arrant. You knock on the door, and it is opened by… a green eight-foot monstrosity?!? Er, perhaps it’s only seven feet. Wait, is that Allam Arrant? Yes, it is. “I can assist you on a further matter, but I need some time alone for the current moment,” he informs you.

(police investigation) [1d6 = 3] They have moved on from the false lead, but have made no new discoveries.

Make sure in green-form that I can still process my thoughts and not go into a unbreakable frenzy, than command the dog-rat to come inside my lab where I can genetically alter the rats hands to have opposable thumbs that can utilize tools, and make sure there is entire lab cage filled with white rats for the next step.

If anyone steps into my lab asking for assistance, make the statement to them, “I can assist you on a further matter but I need some time alone for the current moment.”

After some meditation and mental exersizses, you reassure yourself that the changes are purely physical.
The dog-rat heads back inside your lab.
(thumbs) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] You make the dog-rat more dextrous, but it’s still not quite enough to use complex tools.
(rats) [1d6 = 2] For some strange reason, all of the other lab rats are missing.

After that puzzling discovery, you hear a knock on the door to your laboratory. Opening the door, you see a shocked, then confused man. He recovers quickly and proposes that the two of you join forces. You inform him that you will consider the idea, but are occupied at present.

Whelp the point so far was to make sure I could do all this stuff, so I'm ok with it not all being exactly how it should logically be if I was making the stuff.
Rewire the pentacle to make the sword and cube disappear back into the ether, so that I'll be back to having a clean slate.

[1d6+1+skill bonus = 1+1+1 = 3] The sword disappears, but there is no visible effect on the cube.

Well, I want to make more fuel, but I need to work on other things, the simplest solution to that is.
Find someone who work on cloning and ask to clone myself

[1d6 = 6] After some investigation, you find Master Monster’s laboratory and, finding it locked, sneak in through a window. Suddenly, you hear a voice behind you. “It’s a witness! Get him!” Turning around, you see what appears to be Master Monster and his twin (or clone?) rushing towards you.

follow the officers answer  their questions honestly so we can solve this misunderstanding quickly.

The officers relax. You were taken to the police station and were in a generic room with a table and two chairs. After some questioning, they determine that there is insufficient evidence of you committing wrongdoing and so release you.

Ask them were they learned such untruths, as I haven't told them anything like that.

“You are not our only source of information. Do you deny the existence of war and animal cruelty? Do you deny that they are problems? Do you know how many rats have been used in trials of everything from medicine to a ‘gamma enhancement’ procedure?”

Start excavation of pyramid in search of eldritch wisdom

[1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] After an hour or so of exploration, you find a slim pamphlet written in the eldritch language describing the nature of the eldritch in a way that makes you more sane, not less. Armed with this knowledge, you feel confident that the eldritch will take less of a toll on your mind now.

Turn 4 end.
Turn 5 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2018, 07:11:38 pm »

I need your help to make the universe much closer then it is now
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2018, 07:15:59 pm »

test the limits of my potential, and also observe the various degrees of effectiveness among these government desk-jockeys.

Also, start performing a sample test: attempt psy conditioning on 100 people, 20 with active military service, 20 ex-military, 20 blue collar government workers, 20 blue collar non-government workers, and finally 20 homeless people.
 Perhaps psychic potential is limited by mental trauma or discipline.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 08:44:43 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2018, 08:26:57 pm »

Communicate my thoughts as orderly and clearly as possible:

"My child, baseball is the story of humanity, scaled down. Human beings competing and cooperating, all in pursuit of victory, but not just for the sake of the individual.  The teams in baseball see each other as family, and the people watching all feel themselves as part of that same family."

"But these are only my thoughts. Tell me, what do YOU see when you look at this game?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2018, 09:08:09 pm »

Dissapear the cube with another pentacle setup. This really shouldn't be too difficult...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2018, 07:08:24 am »

Wait tell the rats aren't paying attention and poison their food and water, then use a hammer or something to finish them off.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:20:33 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2018, 05:23:15 pm »

go back to the lab and work in fusing dogs and combustible sustances until creating a fire proof dog that breathes fire.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2018, 05:35:35 pm »

Close the door, and command my dog-rat to assault an adjacent pet store to bring me some hamsters and rats to my science lab, while I work on a production facility inside the laboratory that can produce the bio-synthetic chips and super-soldier serums through manual labor.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:47:22 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2018, 06:01:39 pm »

"If you can get the police off my scent I will help you."

Have the clones build a cooling system for the cloning vats. Set false trails for the police to follow to lead them away from me.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2018, 09:37:45 pm »

Search the pamphlet for elder sign ( protective star image working against eldritch things)

Keep excavation in search of knowledge on Rlyeh and dark pharaoh
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42