Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78658 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2018, 04:22:16 pm »

Now we're just waiting on Glass.

Can i join sometime?

Name: Lero Yenkovich
Goal: Dissapointed in the non-existence of magic,he will make his own almost-magic. It will get him all the blackjack and hookers he craves,he thinks.LITTLE DOES HE KNOW
Field of science that you excel in: quantum mechanics
Your greatest creation/discovery: CATALYST BEAM!!!1! That is,an alien spacegun looking thing with a crystal tuning fork coated with a polarizing film in the middle instead of an antenna. It crystallizes the targets using magnetic fields,piezoelectricity,lasers,and the dense spiral grooves on the tuning fork which remain unpolarized,functioning like the double slit experiment thing on roids.

supa siens cwantum cwistals yey

Waitlisted. Careful not to die, current players!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2018, 08:09:15 pm »

Sorry, haven't had phone access all day. Medieval Combat event thing.

Activate the pentacle(s) that work properly, try to rework the one that would just make a mess of tangled wires - once again - to make orderly spools of the different metals, each separate from each other.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2018, 11:45:46 pm »

go inside the FBI car with bulbasaur and Arcanine.

The SWAT officers look at your pokemon strangely, but decide not to press the issue. You are swiftly driven to a warehouse in the south district. Exiting the van, you see an angry important-looking man striding away from an FBI agent. Another FBI agent beckons you inside. Inside, you see two cylindrical devices, likely the work of a bioengineer. “Alright, here’s what we want you to do. First, we want to know what these are. Next, we want some sort of radar to detect them, or some sort of device to disable them remotely if you can’t manage a radar.”

Well, that saved me some time
Now I need to build an engine that will use that fuel I have, based on the f-1 for no reason

[1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] Sitting down on the pavement, you quickly scribble out a design. You could probably start designing an actual rocket, maybe even build a prototype one now. Once you get back to your lab, that is.

Right, now to create the Hub for all my creations, now and future.

Build a Relay/Computer capable of holding millions upon Terabyte information, with amazing processing power. Nanocircuitry is a brilliant thing, and this shall serve as the Sub-space communication hub from which I can do all sorts of things with the right software.

Also, make sure the spider is fed the Material it needs to replicate itself.

[1d6+skill bonus+1 +skill bonus(machine) = 3+1+1+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] It’s an amazing supercomputer. Sixteen million terabytes of memory, five hundred thousand terabytes of RAM, hundreds of thousands of cores… The only problem is that it requires dozens of megawatts to work at full power. It’s modular, sure, so you can run it at 0.1% strength from the city electrical grid, but still…

The spider-bot duplicates itself without issue.

"Maybe some excavation equipment might be a good idea."

Clones go and very carefully(take all the time they need) acquire equipment that can be use to dig(that will not be noisy). I will begin designs for a mind-transference device after making a batch of clones(2-4). If I can check up on my other clones.

GM:I imaging that my clones have phones or communication devices that are easily destroyed if captured or used wrong. Also is the FBI no longer investigating me or are they still at it?

(clones) [1d6 = 5] They weren’t exactly lackluster about it. They acquired shovels, buckets, even pillars to reinforce the tunnel.

(cloning vat) [1d6 = 2] You were distracted in all the excitement and never got around to activating the vat.

(mind-transference) [1d6 = 3] You did it! But it is very much a proof of concept for your purposes, only working if the two parties are physically connected to the machine.

(federal investigation) [1d6 +1(psychic powers) -1(hobbled) = 6+1-1 = 6] After another series of overreaches in the process of capturing your dropped-off clones, the FBI is further restricted, with a threat to close down the investigation for good if the trend continues.

"Interesting. It appears you are more well informed than I of outside events. If we are to lay the foundation of an organisation dedicated to maintaining some semblance of order, that you are to oversee, we're going to need a lot of resources. I may be able to do some freelance work, hopefully acquire some initial income that you can use to whatever ends you deem productive."

"Remember, Bastet, your education is far from complete. Being able to understand and imagine monsters and marvels without any prior basis in reality, that is part of being human. Until I return, try and better your understanding of illogical, impossible things."

Design some extremely basic logic based narrow use AI to be sold and acquired online. Preferably ones that can be used by corporations in need of simple AI for specific purposes. Try and generate some cashflow.

Code: [Select]
You are right. I have overreacted. It is not really a priority. But I stand by my statement that we need an organization in the long term.

(narrow AI) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] The designs are truly a marvel...

(cashflow) [1d6+1 = 1+1 = 2] But you are unable to find any customers.

You will understand everything soon, there are things beyond science and reason, and mankind is just tiny atom before laughter of the gods.
I am doing this only because entity we just awoken is the only one capable of benevelence to humans among its kind.
And.. It can actually save us from all consuming madness of Rlyeh and eldritch things

Ia Ia,  Lord stalking among the stars, return to this world in your full glory. May your opposition feed the scarabs and desert, as power of the stars feeds you

Try to not get killed by awakening eldritch god dark pharaoh incarnation.

[1d6 +1(eldritch whims) = 1+1 = 2] The trapdoor explodes off of its hinges and smashes into the ceiling. Dozens of tendrils of an eldritch substance snake out of the pit towards the archeologists, including you.

In this turn: Zultan takes credit for something that was first used a hundred years ago
"Bob is not stealing, Bob is only borrowing, until Bob can come up with something better!"

Bob will throw the canisters at the monsters in a way that will make them explode, while making sure Bob is wearing Bob's gas mask, and then Bob will runaway.

Battle begin!
Bob gas attack 1d6 +1(familiarity) +1(overpressurized) = 2+1+1 = 4
Gas attack (1d6 +1(quality) +1(overpressurized) = 6+1+1 = 8) vs hamster defense (1d6 +1(serum) = 3+1 = 4)

(what resistance does the city muster?) [1d6 +1(escalation) = 1+1 = 2] Nothing… again.

Bob speed (1d6 = 2) vs hamster speed (1d6 +1(serum) -2(mortally wounded) = 5+1-2 = 4)

The canisters explode just as the tiger-hamsters charge through the wall, with devastating effects. On the verge of death, they still manage to charge through the cloud at you, barely a few meters away.

alright, what about mind control? See if I can manipulate animals to do as I command.

[1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] Even that is within your power. Several monkeys, dozens of mice, or hundreds of insects… any of those groups is yours to control. And perhaps something greater?

Create the machine so that it can physical insert bio-synthetic opposable thumbs onto creatures, besides the horse all creatures will go through this, and continue the animal collection and super-soldier production while I begin work on the speed force-serum, one that improves your ability to react, move even faster, and manipulate the ability to accelerate and decelerate yourself at will.

(thumbs machine) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] Automation was the way to go with this. All of the animals are quickly equipped with opposable thumbs, allowing them to run every part of the production line. After doing that, you decide to rest before designing something else.

(animal super-soldier production) [1d6 = 6] Once again, the animals brought range from mundane to glaringly obvious. The production line itself works perfectly, however.

Sorry, haven't had phone access all day. Medieval Combat event thing.

Activate the pentacle(s) that work properly, try to rework the one that would just make a mess of tangled wires - once again - to make orderly spools of the different metals, each separate from each other.

You activate the pentacle with resistors and diodes…

(roll for random effects) [1d6 = 5] By some miracle, the titanium cube appears on the floor and not inside your brain.

(spools) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] Fortunately, you manage to rework it and then summon them in such a way that the mystical properties of the metals do not interfere with the conjuration.

Turn 11 end.
Turn 12 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In this turn: TricMagic designs an impractical computer and Zultan is more effective than a squad of police.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2018, 12:38:43 am »

Try and reach out online regarding customers for my narrow use AI, there's got to be a customer base out there willing to pay top dollar for maximum efficiency.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2018, 01:52:32 am »

Go to my lab and build a prototype of the rocket
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2018, 04:51:04 am »

Bob will run as fast as Bob can, and then Bob will duck in to some random buildings and Bob will keep running.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2018, 05:05:10 am »

study the cylinders, what they do and if there is a way to track them.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2018, 07:24:19 am »

"Time to insert the program."

Code the Sub-space Communication Hub Program into it. Then set up the software for the Longreach A-00 Bots.{Spider bot names}(Won't need to roll to control once this bit is set up.)

Make sure to feed the now 2 bots.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2018, 10:32:04 am »

Y'know what, it sounds to me that I shouldn't use diodes and the like with pentacles until I know exactly how they work.
That said, the set of pentacles that used the diodes were supposed to be a collection of multiple pentacles, each with the same basic design, with diodes in them in various manners in order to see how they affected the summoning.

Anyway.

Activate the wire-summoning pentacle, and research magic-insulating materials. Presumably, if I use those, I could summon gold, silver, and bronze all day without worrying about interference.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2018, 10:34:57 am »

lets not journey into the realm of mind controlling other humans. Develop a countermeasure to prevent human-to-human mind control.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2018, 11:22:08 am »

Y'know what, it sounds to me that I shouldn't use diodes and the like with pentacles until I know exactly how they work.
That said, the set of pentacles that used the diodes were supposed to be a collection of multiple pentacles, each with the same basic design, with diodes in them in various manners in order to see how they affected the summoning.

Anyway.

Activate the wire-summoning pentacle, and research magic-insulating materials. Presumably, if I use those, I could summon gold, silver, and bronze all day without worrying about interference.

...huh, you're right. Uh... let's say that since you got a 5, they all managed to work perfectly somehow.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2018, 12:07:59 pm »

Ia Ia, Dark Pharaoh, we are just mere servants of your will. All we want is your victory over elder things, who tried to hide your glory from this world

Swear fealty to Nyarlothotep

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2018, 12:14:58 pm »

Anyway.

...huh, you're right. Uh... let's say that since you got a 5, they all managed to work perfectly somehow.
But what were the differences? There was 1 that was just the original pentacle (the control group) and let's say 5 others with the diodes at various places - let's say one with them at the magic's entrance and exits making sure they're going in the direction they're "supposed" to go, one with them reversed, and the last three have them at the intersections, each one having them point toward a different section (though making sure there's nowhere where the magic is just "stuck").

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2018, 12:59:07 pm »

Anyway.

But what were the differences? There was 1 that was just the original pentacle (the control group) and let's say 5 others with the diodes at various places - let's say one with them at the magic's entrance and exits making sure they're going in the direction they're "supposed" to go, one with them reversed, and the last three have them at the intersections, each one having them point toward a different section (though making sure there's nowhere where the magic is just "stuck").

Control group worked fine. Test A worked fine. Test B produced no noticable result. Tests C, D, and E worked fine after a short delay.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2018, 04:04:01 pm »

"This devise is not what I had in mind."

My clones work on that tunnel idea. I will start the cloning vat, as well as begin working on changing the stucture of my clones' minds so that we can communicate telepathically.  I am thinking more along the lines of a hive mind with myself as the leader.

Come on FBI roll a 1 or 6+.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42