Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78852 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #390 on: November 12, 2018, 07:42:33 pm »

Scientist Roll to Dodge has returned with a Discord (https://discord.gg/UmMhHzg).

focus on the impending invasion with the scry! any details on where or who is trying to start this madness?

also, tell the assistants to call animal control and get those monkeys rounded up for testing. I said A FEW, not an armyoh, and see if the monkey that commandeered my computer wrote shakespeare.

(scry) [1d6 +skill bonus(strong psychic powers) +skill bonus(group) = 1+1+1 = 3] The cause of the impending invasion is in Africa.

(rounding up) [1d6 +skill bonus(group of psychics) = 4+1 = 5] The assistants just use their telekinesis to round up the monkeys themselves, freeing your computer.

No sudden literary insight from primates. Really, what did you expect? The monkey wasn’t even using hunt-and-peck.

First off I tell the clones I am impressed with how they got the truck down here. Second can I ever get the mind duplicator to be just that a duplicator and not a broadcaster, at least it is not actually working. Third it is time for some planing:
have another squad of 5 clones set up a guard position in the room at the end of the westward branch. Than only 2 tunnelers tunnel up and if they are in the wide open quickly close off the last room, if they are in cover have the 7 clones there secure that end. Have 1 clone run the cloning vat. Continue to design a mind duplicator NOT BUILDING it just DESIGN it.

The clones set up a guard position.

(tunneling [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 4+1 = 5] The clones successfully tunnel to the surface…
(result) [1d6 = 3] And come out in a park.
(closing off) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 5 skill level 1] They quickly seal off the tunnel before anyone notices.

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] Four more clones are produced.

(duplicator) [1d6 = 4] You finally, finally, manage to design a mind duplicator. But… why would you want to duplicate your mind anyway?

Nice. Try and input Bastet's data and make large, macro-predictions regarding behaviour and interaction with the rest of the world.

[1d6+skill bonus(quality) = 1+1 = 2] The effort involved in doing so proves to be too much for your computer, which fails to provide any predictions in a useful timespan.

Erm, ok.

Recharge, I guess, with a battery. And charge a bunch of batteries if they're not already charged.
Clean up the f***ing doc.
Subtly check what the hell is going on out there.
Continue investigating rumors of other magic.

(recharge) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] The magic simply fails to flow back into your body.

(clean) [1d6 = 2] Alas, there are so many mentions of the CLEAB that you still haven’t removed them all.

(check) [1d6 = 4] It appears that there was some sort of counter-terrorist raid.

(rumors) [1d6 = 2] Between the batteries and the CLEAB, you simply haven’t found time to investigate any rumors yet.

Well, this was in time, this is the rocket fuel,bI recomend giving it to someone for testing, I have the formula if they want it later, it came here by magic, yes it's the weirdest thing I heard today too, and the rockets have some preprogramming in them, some to make sure it doesn't hit any populated area (Lie), but I understand your concern, I'll hire a professional to do it in the future

”Actually,” says one of the men, “the National Aeronautics and Space Administration is always looking for scientists with your level of talent. You wouldn’t have to reinvent things already invented, and would have quite a bit of funding as well.”

"Begone crows you annoy Bob!"
Bob will get into the RV without the crows and make more of the chemical that allows animals to talk, then Bob will give some of it to a dog, and see if it can talk afterwords.

(chemical) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You make a lot more of the chemical without avian intervention.

(dog) [1d6 = 3] It… talks. Mostly about dog things like “good boy”, and then it starts barking at a squirrel, but it’s progress.

Thank Dr Adderson for his help.

Professor Samuel Oak will continue with the Ekans.

Assistant 1 is authorized to try it's idea.

Assistant 2 will go back to study birds.

(ekans) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You successfully create an Ekans, and its evolution as well, Arbok.

(moves) [1d6 = 5] Essentially, the idea is an innovative new way to emit things with biotechnology. Things such as seeds, or water, or poison, which covers quite a few moves.

(study) [1d6 = 6] He learned the scientific names of quite a few birds. That’s it.

Haggle the deal, and make sure my name is known as the creator of this invention later on. Then head back to the Lab, and make sure the kill switch is actually linked to the firewall and all the nanobots I made before.

(haggling) [1d6 +skill bonus(? ? ?) = 2+1 = 3] You manage to haggle several hundred thousand dollars for the aforementioned deal.

The kill switch was, in fact, linked to the nanobots and the firewall.

The time has cometh for summoning mummified dark priests and soldiers out of your realm, my lord ?

Try to open gate to dark pharaoh realm to start releasing army of eldritch spooky undead 

[1d6 +1(power) = 1+1 = 2] The gate… does not open. Perhaps something about the pyramid is interfering with it.

Turn 25 end.
Turn 26 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In this turn: The question marks were not a typo.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10?/10) (back in action)
« Reply #391 on: November 12, 2018, 07:57:41 pm »

Uuuuugggggggghhhh.

Research ways to recharge a person’s implicit magical stores, and recharge my magic.
Clean up the doc.
Try to make a summoning pentacle that will create a suitable research paper.
Investigate magic rumors, using mundane, magical, and psionic means.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 12, 2018, 08:10:10 pm »

too wide of an area.
attempt to recondition myself, with my assistants focusing on scying me to attune me for future attempts.

Also, attempt to get the monkeys psychically conditioned. send a copy of the test results to Dr.oak for his own examination, as well as a list of known factors affecting the manifestation and development of psychic power.

Finally, Attempt to scry the person or thing responsible for our impending doom.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 12, 2018, 09:07:36 pm »

Professor Oak will start working on designing the biotechnology idea of Assistant 1.

Assistant 1 will start creating a pidgey.

Assistant 2 will order pizza
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2018, 11:46:57 pm »

Your dark majesty, what is not letting you unleash your full power?

Use wealth of my archeological knowledge and recently given eldritch might to discover and revive any priesthood, bodyguards and followers of pharaoh sealed with him inside pyramid.
Also try to find any scrolls or tablets on forbidden occult lore and artifacts of power

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 13, 2018, 12:26:26 am »

Damn. Check in once again on Bastet's progress, and what it actually IS now after all its work.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 13, 2018, 12:54:10 am »

"I would love to, I just have something to do first"
Inform Erin that I got the container and ask for him to send me the plans for the summoning pentacle
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 13, 2018, 04:26:34 am »

"Dog tell Bob interesting things."
Bob will talk to the dog, and then teach it more words.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 13, 2018, 01:27:42 pm »

Congratulate the clones on their quick timing.
Have the tunnelers keep tunneling to where they saw cover on that branch. Then same procedure as before: have a squad of 5 clones set up a guard position in the room at the end of the westward branch. Than only 2 tunnelers tunnel up and if they are in the wide open quickly close off the last room, if they are in cover have the 7 clones there secure that end. Have 1 clone run the cloning vat. Finally build the mind duplicator and then duplicate the hobo's mind into a clone and see the results.

Legit Question: where is all the dirt going?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2018, 01:05:28 am »

Uuuuugggggggghhhh.

Research ways to recharge a person’s implicit magical stores, and recharge my magic.
Clean up the doc.
Try to make a summoning pentacle that will create a suitable research paper.
Investigate magic rumors, using mundane, magical, and psionic means.

(research) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] As far as you can tell, you should have been able to recharge with the battery. Maybe if you took the magic out and put it back in again?

(clean) [1d6 = 6] You’ve done it! You’ve removed every last trace of the CLEAB! Although, you might have removed some other things too, leaving your paper a little less detailed than you’d like.

(pentacle) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] Fortunately, you’ve managed to summon a physical copy of the paper, with the missing details, and without reference to the CLEAB.

(rumors) [1d6+skill bonus(strong psychic powers) = 6-1 = 5] Well, there was the doppelganger incident, the hamster incident, and the lizard incident. The first one was a group of identical criminals robbing a store, while the other two were giant green animals terrorizing the city until they were stopped.

You also receive a message from Bonson. “Fuel arrived, can I have designs of pentacle to make it? Would be nice to be able to do it myself”

too wide of an area.
attempt to recondition myself, with my assistants focusing on scying me to attune me for future attempts.

Also, attempt to get the monkeys psychically conditioned. send a copy of the test results to Dr.oak for his own examination, as well as a list of known factors affecting the manifestation and development of psychic power.

Finally, Attempt to scry the person or thing responsible for our impending doom.

(recondition) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] You successfully recondition yourself, improving your psychic power.

(attune) [1d6+skill bonus(group) = 6-1 = 5] The attunement has been completed successfully.

(monkeys) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] They’re definitely psychically conditioned, but they haven’t done anything more than telekinetically steal pens. Maybe they just aren’t intelligent enough to truly use psychic powers.

(scry) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] Still too wide of an area. You only manage to narrow the location down to Egypt.

Professor Oak will start working on designing the biotechnology idea of Assistant 1.

Assistant 1 will start creating a pidgey.

Assistant 2 will order pizza

(emitters) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You’ve made significant progress implementing the idea, and even created a few prototype. The only question now is what you’re going to do with it.

(pidgey) [1d6 = 4] The assistant creates a Pidgey.

The assistant orders pizza. It should arrive soon.

What’s this?
Pikachu is evolving into Raichu!
Pikachu has evolved into Raichu!

Your dark majesty, what is not letting you unleash your full power?

Use wealth of my archeological knowledge and recently given eldritch might to discover and revive any priesthood, bodyguards and followers of pharaoh sealed with him inside pyramid.
Also try to find any scrolls or tablets on forbidden occult lore and artifacts of power

(discovery) [1d6 = 6]
(type) [1d6 = Intrigue]
(power) [1d6 = 5]

Curious… you can’t remember what exactly happened, but you definitely revived something.

Damn. Check in once again on Bastet's progress, and what it actually IS now after all its work.

Bastet… is still an AI? I’m not quite sure what you were expecting. As for progress, it’s made significant progress on learning empathy, investigation, and engineering.

"I would love to, I just have something to do first"
Inform Erin that I got the container and ask for him to send me the plans for the summoning pentacle

You inform Erin of the arrival of the container, and ask him to send the schematics for the fuel-summoning pentacle.

”Alright then,” says the man from NASA as he stands up, “I’ll get the proper paperwork in order while you go pack up your laboratory.” The men disperse, while a guard steps up next to you, presumably to take you back to your car.

"Dog tell Bob interesting things."
Bob will talk to the dog, and then teach it more words.

[1d6 = 2] The dog doesn’t seem to be interested in learning, and frequently interrupts with demands for you to throw something.

Congratulate the clones on their quick timing.
Have the tunnelers keep tunneling to where they saw cover on that branch. Then same procedure as before: have a squad of 5 clones set up a guard position in the room at the end of the westward branch. Than only 2 tunnelers tunnel up and if they are in the wide open quickly close off the last room, if they are in cover have the 7 clones there secure that end. Have 1 clone run the cloning vat. Finally build the mind duplicator and then duplicate the hobo's mind into a clone and see the results.

Legit Question: where is all the dirt going?

(digging) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 6-1 = 5] They tunnel a bit farther away, then tunnel to the surface again…
(result) [1d6 = 3] And come out in the park again. Maybe they miscalculated.
(closing off) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 4+1 = 5] However, they again manage to close off the tunnel before anyone notices.

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] Only one clone is produced by the vat.

(build) [1d6 = 5] You successfully build a mind duplicator. You duplicate the hobo’s mind into a clone and… well, now you have two angry hobos, except that one of them looks like you.

Turn 26 end.
Turn 27 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2018, 01:11:07 am »

Thank god...

Yeah, send over the container-bound-fuel pentacle schematic to Bonson.
Make some copies of the finalized research paper, then send some of them off to various scientific journals.
Try the fresh battery to recharge I guess? Whatever it was I’d come up with.
Try to figure out if those rumors actually involved any magic. Also try to scary for other potential magic.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2018, 01:15:05 am »

Good. Try and communicating with Bastet directly, ask for an update regarding its capabilities and current status, from its own perspective.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2018, 02:59:16 am »

Take the ride with the man and start build the pentacle
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2018, 03:46:36 am »

Try to figure out, what did I revive

Try to breach portal into dark pharaoh realm with assistance of pharaoh 

Pharaoh Nefren Ka?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2018, 06:31:30 am »

"If you won't learn from Bob then your useless to me dog, begone foul animal!"
Leave the dog behind and go out into the woods looking for a deer to give the chemical that makes animals talk.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42