Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 402

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 490996 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #4530 on: June 08, 2022, 07:26:39 pm »

Implement light sources such as candles, lamps, and torches, all of which can be carried in inventory or built as furniture.  These do nothing, but have a (high) chance of setting surrounding trees, roots, objects, dwarves, and anything else that’s flammable, on fire if toppled or dropped.  Dwarves will refuse to traverse subterranean tiles unless carrying one (except subterranean rooms with built light sources).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: June 09, 2022, 03:23:35 am »

Some dwarves need to wear glasses, and these glasses can fall off and be broken, such as when they're running from something hostile or in the midst of combat.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: June 09, 2022, 05:09:01 am »

Some dwarves need hearing aids, but since the technological time frame of DF is within the medieval period, no such thing exists.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: June 09, 2022, 06:37:00 am »

Tutorials and tooltips will show up for each individual tile as you hover over them. These tooltips will detail the uses and properties of every single item, material, and creature on that tile. The tooltips will cover as much of the screen as necessary to show all of them at once.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: June 09, 2022, 11:39:55 am »

A.I. hunters will now try to grind their dodge by going for hunting of ravens. They sneak on them to wrestle multiple of them at once and then start dodging. Once they achieve legendary +40 level or higher they will try to apply for elite heroes, request every peasant job holders to roll dice until one receives a weapon from god for him and obtain from friendly necromancers secrets of life and death to be stupidly overpowered.

They won't hunt for them without every body part shielded with clothing.

Speaking of being overpowered some world gen civs will now force their citizens to become vampires if possible so one of them can be walled up and every invading force will be unable to slay that one chosen one. They can besiege forever, disabling sites completely but they never win.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4535 on: June 09, 2022, 01:42:28 pm »

Since some tooltips may be difficult to understand, they should be explained by tooltips.

Similarly, for people who have never played a game before, add a tutorial that explains how to do tutorials.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: June 09, 2022, 03:56:44 pm »

Mail pamphlets to people, with tutorials on how to download and start the game in the first place.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: June 09, 2022, 04:09:10 pm »

It also comes with a pamphlet on how to purchase, connect, boot up, and operate a personal computer. Just cause you never know...
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: June 09, 2022, 05:17:19 pm »

Include also pamphlets on how to read.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: June 09, 2022, 05:56:47 pm »

Loan people money at high interest rates to purchase computers to play DF
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: June 09, 2022, 07:58:27 pm »

This money is, of course, obtained with the help of a photocopier.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: June 10, 2022, 01:07:34 am »

The pamphlets also need to include information on how to make money, where it comes from, and how to use a photocopier to make more of it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: June 10, 2022, 04:03:03 am »

We'll also need pamphlets explaining at length what pamphlets are and how they're intended to be read.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: June 10, 2022, 05:36:52 am »

Make every meal require a complete set of cutlery and a drink, so residents must search to find a mug, plate, knife, fork, and spoon before eating (they can just use their beard as a napkin). The likely consequence being that they collapse from fatigue before even getting a bite to eat. Of course, each utensil must be individually crafted, and the sheer number of them will contribute to FPS death.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: June 10, 2022, 10:01:35 am »

One of the preset names for intelligent undead types resurrected by necromancers is Chuck Norris because he is a dead meme.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 402