Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 401

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 489171 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #5085 on: December 19, 2022, 02:33:09 am »

World generation will now feature sites which instantly died due to spawning in water while it was already frozen.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: December 19, 2022, 10:31:36 am »

Worldgen will just randomly distribute sites.

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: December 19, 2022, 10:38:41 am »

Very, very randomly. This will result in elven sites being established in hell, dwarven fortresses in the sky, and human cities buried in rock under a mountain. As well as other, totally logical and sensible site placements.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: December 20, 2022, 04:10:07 am »

The everything should be randomized, maybe one world has air replaced with magma or pure dwarves, maybe alcohol is replaced with cats or liver, no matter what it will never be the same game twice!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: December 20, 2022, 04:42:25 am »

If you put a actually playable check in, this sounds awesome. I think Terraria had a mod similar to that.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: December 20, 2022, 06:06:00 pm »

I mean as I understand it, the mythgen weirdness sliders will be kind of like that. Toady's described some pretty bizarre worlds as hypotheticals on the extreme end of the scale (like a world-sized creature with "dwarves" as insectoid parasites mining around in its insides).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 06:14:31 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: December 20, 2022, 06:16:22 pm »

Insectoid? why does it always have to be insectoid parasites? why can't it ever be 53-dimensional abstract mathematical construct parasites?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: December 20, 2022, 07:48:56 pm »

Because even if Toady does implement that, we won't be able to understand it
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: December 20, 2022, 09:36:24 pm »

Also because we tell stories based on what we know...and the vast majority of parasitic organisms in our world are invertebrates.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: December 21, 2022, 01:46:43 am »

Since dwarves already come with a parasite in the forum of their beard, it'd make more since for the world sized creature should be the dwarf and we should play as the beard hairs controlling it from the inside.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: December 21, 2022, 02:02:31 am »

When a megabeast attacks a settlement, it should make a bee-line for the farms and dig them up to wear as protection.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: December 21, 2022, 09:28:06 am »

Some megabeasts are highly allergic to bees and if they are stung by one at a fort they may very well suffocate. This should happen during world generation too.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: December 21, 2022, 03:04:10 pm »

Some megabeasts are highly allergic to bees and if they are stung by one at a fort they may very well suffocate. This should happen during world generation too.
Or bloat many times and start crushing not only buildings but walls stone and even spacetime itself

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: December 22, 2022, 01:43:59 am »

dwarves beards already come with a parasite in the forum of their beard dwarf

FTFY

Rename DF "Beard Fortress". The dwarven parasite's fascination with socks is the most common cause of beard fort collapse.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 01:49:42 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: December 22, 2022, 02:40:14 am »

Or bloat many times and start crushing not only buildings but walls stone and even spacetime itself
Anytime bloated forgotten beast is attacked it has a high chance to explode and kill all creatures nearby.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 401