Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 404

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 493377 times)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #5730 on: January 06, 2024, 12:41:30 pm »

When dwarf noble or a priest visits a brothel and has an adverse reaction due to their traits, they may make begin making speeches in meeting areas, causing some listeners to become more "currently more inhibited" if they feel ashamed, threatened, or chastised by the speech.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: January 15, 2024, 03:09:36 am »

Work orders should require that folders and filing cabinets  be made and placed in the manager’s office before they can be created.  Active work orders should have a chance of being canceled with a message that says “A folder in the manager’s office has collapsed!”.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: January 15, 2024, 02:25:18 pm »

The manager or his assistant messengers must post copies of each work order to locations around the fort. 
Dwarves finishing a task may or may not visit a work order bulletin board to accept another job.

(actually I like this idea)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: January 16, 2024, 02:35:46 am »

Dwarves can go to locations where the work orders are posted and alter them to get themselves out of work or remove the work orders entirely to mess with the manager.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: January 16, 2024, 08:02:24 am »

This leads to the development of multi-sheet chitties, where every job requires a triplicate of triplications, and leads up to "I can't let you have my blue N62 top-copy, because I have to have either yellow HG17 or a countersigned green F40a, otherwise I'll be given a red 204j... And if I get a red 204j, 'cos of you, you'll know about it from the purple QQ22-7 that your doctor's gonna have to give your nearest[1] relative!"

[1] In the purely geometric sense, naturally. This is simply just another DF pathfinding solution of finding the most adjacent suitably-aligned dwarf for the task of bringing food and drink to the person in bed rest. Officially.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: January 16, 2024, 01:58:43 pm »

The Dwarves go to Brazil
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: January 17, 2024, 09:42:30 pm »

Daryl the love pony must become a permanent figure in dwarven myth
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: January 17, 2024, 11:06:30 pm »

After Daryl's death, his skin is made into an artifact costume that compels it's wearers (it requires two of them) to forgo food, drink, and sleep in order to "entertain the kiddies", ultimately resulting in their deaths (and lots of miasma).

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: January 18, 2024, 02:09:30 am »

Daryl the love pony is now the only historic figure in dwarf fortress as no other figure could be as famous or important as that pony.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: January 18, 2024, 02:13:02 am »

Dwarven taverns feature pony shows as entertainment. Elves may also be involved.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: January 18, 2024, 06:18:42 am »

“Pony shows” involve seeing who can shove a flail up the elf’s ass the furthest.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: January 18, 2024, 02:37:32 pm »

35% chance that pony shows will also involve dogs in some capacity. Dwarves will inexplicably treat said "dog and pony shows" as objects of derision.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: January 20, 2024, 03:03:13 am »

Any creature without a name should be referred to as a forgotten beast and announced as one whenever it arrives on the map or is born
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: January 20, 2024, 08:28:33 am »

If any named creature is off the map (or otherwise not within line-of-sight of at least one of your citizens) for at least one in-game month, it’s name will be forgotten and it will transform into a forgotten beast.
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 404