Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 402

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 490291 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3285 on: June 14, 2021, 10:11:04 pm »

It was funny hearing a peasant say "out there Boxwood Chests roam freely" or something like that.)
Indeed strange. Round these 'ere parts, they're made of Sapient Pearwood. (And similarly have a tendency to go berserk...)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: June 15, 2021, 03:36:41 am »

Everything in game can be a mimic even the walls and floors, or everything all at once.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: June 15, 2021, 03:40:56 am »

Everything in game can be a mimic even the walls and floors, or everything all at once.

It really sucks when the ☼Cat Tallow Roast☼ that you were going to eat turns out to be a mimic and eats you instead.  :(
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: June 15, 2021, 09:06:16 pm »

It really sucks when the ☼Cat Tallow Roast☼ that you were going to eat turns out to be a mimic and eats you instead.  :(

Does it? Food that tries to eat you is just about as dwarfy a meal as you can get. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: June 16, 2021, 12:55:15 am »

Does it? Food that tries to eat you is just about as dwarfy a meal as you can get. :P
It's all fun and games until the ☼Cat Tallow Roast☼ eats its way out of your guts.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: June 16, 2021, 02:09:36 am »

I hadn't thought of that, but i agree; It ain't really livin' unless everything's trying to kill ya'... I'm surprised dwarves havn't found a way to die to their beards yet...

It's all fun and games until the ☼Cat Tallow Roast☼ eats its way out of your guts.

Conversely, the opposite is also true; You might be able to eat your way out of the ☼Cat Tallow Roast☼. it's still ☼Cat Tallow Roast☼, just mimic.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: June 16, 2021, 06:22:46 am »

I hadn't thought of that, but i agree; It ain't really livin' unless everything's trying to kill ya'... I'm surprised dwarves havn't found a way to die to their beards yet...

Any time a dwarf walks within 1 tile of a powered mechanism, there should be a chance his beard gets caught. The mechanism needs to be deconstructed to free the dwarf.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: June 16, 2021, 06:37:57 am »

Any time a dwarf walks within 1 tile of a powered mechanism, there should be a chance his beard gets caught. The mechanism needs to be deconstructed to free the dwarf.

Elves and humans may attempt to free the dwarf by cutting off the beard, which kills the dwarf instantly.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 06:40:40 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3293 on: June 16, 2021, 04:09:23 pm »

Dwarven necks are 100% untargetable in combat, but it is possible to achieve a "shaving strike" which trims the beard and provides an inversely proportional neck hitchance.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: June 16, 2021, 09:14:54 pm »

Wait.... why is there no new armor type to protect beards?
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: June 16, 2021, 09:53:42 pm »

Beards are now considered geldables.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: June 16, 2021, 10:08:00 pm »

If a member of another civ, either intentionally or by accident, cuts the beard off one of your dwarves (especially a noble or government official), your civ will instantly declare war.

Also, you should be able to interrogate dwarf villains by threatening to shave their beards. Regardless of your character's current persuasion/intimidation skills, it's guaranteed to work in all cases.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 10:10:50 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: June 17, 2021, 02:20:51 am »

If a beard is cut off a dwarf you can have it planted and after a few months a new dwarf will sprout from it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: June 17, 2021, 05:36:16 pm »

This will only result in clones of the original dwarf, and attributes will receive a debuff with each clonal generation. Sexual reproduction is necessary to prevent winding up with incredibly weak, stupid dwarves that eventually never even sprout.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: June 19, 2021, 09:41:55 am »

Add a Wizard race.
A weird race solely composed of either weirdly old men, strange figures hiding behind capes and pointy hats, gruelin old hags or beautiful enchantresses. They're a bunch of elitists who are the sole people capable of using magic. Either for good, or for terrible, terrible things.
Whereas anyone can learn Necromancy by just reading a spell or two, Wizards are a bunch of elitists goons who consider that only them are worthy of using magic. They live in towers, or in your fortress, occupying a single room and speaking like weird cray cray lunatics.

Some wizards master magic elements, can brew potions, caste spells and create curses.
Some wizards can spawn ludicrous amounts of cheese.
Some wizards are racist against dwarves, goblins, humans and elves using magic. Cause who the hell are they to use magic instead of them, eh?
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 402