Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 399

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 486343 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3420 on: July 15, 2021, 04:45:24 am »

Cats have litter boxes similar to nestboxes where they lay "unusual eggs" composed of cat brown filth that needs to be taken to the refuse pile before it gives a stink and bad thoughts. Any dwarf handling these risks contacting a syndrome called toxoplasmosis.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3421 on: July 15, 2021, 07:11:05 am »

People can have allergies that activate during certain seasons or near certain animals. In fact, it is possible for horses to have a grass allergy.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: July 15, 2021, 06:37:17 pm »

Evil biomes may generate schools.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: July 16, 2021, 07:07:19 am »

The manager can chose, randomly to turn off and o  works on all your dwarves, and military squad assignments too.

If you disable the manager within seconds another dwarf will take the position automatically.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: July 16, 2021, 07:47:40 am »

When and if this actually becomes feasible, the personality of every dwarf in your fortress should be generated from a human consciousness that's been uploaded to the cloud.

Someday, we'll all be dwarves. Whether we want to be or not.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 02:36:27 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: July 16, 2021, 10:01:08 pm »

Map-making should be added to the game.  Maps should be available for sale, with the accuracy of the map depending on the cartography skill of the map-maker (and how they got their information).  Occasionally, maps (completely inaccurate one’s that is) should be made up out of whole cloth by certain people for various reasons (insanity, practical joke, etc.).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: July 16, 2021, 10:02:31 pm »

Of course none of this matters because you still know exactly where you are from the map screen.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: July 16, 2021, 11:01:54 pm »

Of course none of this matters because you still know exactly where you are from the map screen.
Nope. The Map Screen would be replaced with one of the maps you purchased, chosen at random. In Fort Mode, any map at your fort will be in the random map pool for what map is chosen for you to view. If no maps are at your fort, or if you don’t own a map in Adventure mode, any map from the world will be chosen until a map is purchased or it arrives on your fort (depending on what mode you’re playing)

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3428 on: July 17, 2021, 03:20:26 am »

When and if this actually becomes feasible, the personality of every dwarf in your fortress should be generated from a human consciousness that's been uploaded to the cloud.

You thought you'd take the easy way out by dying in the sim, huh? Nope! You get re-dwarfed.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: July 17, 2021, 03:42:24 am »

You thought you'd take the easy way out by dying in the sim, huh? Nope! You get re-dwarfed.
It's all fun and games until the entire world gets taken over by necros and you keep getting killed by hair and skin.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: July 17, 2021, 04:17:54 pm »

Nope. The Map Screen would be replaced with one of the maps you purchased, chosen at random. [...]
...they should all use a variation of the Greenland Special projection (even though the worldgen output remains flat and planar).

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: July 17, 2021, 05:10:14 pm »

Upon creating too powerful adventurer all wildlife should be replaced by night trolls than bogeymen and finally clowns.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: July 18, 2021, 05:10:17 pm »

Boats dont actually sink themselves in the water for complex water movement/displacement, but rather float on top of the water and collide with land (vaguely to a generous wagon like hitbox) and sea-creatures by being on the floor level, rather than the tall "wall" zlevel or partially under the water.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3433 on: July 19, 2021, 06:06:37 am »

As an intended side-effect of this, boats can go under low branches and overhangs while the sailors get scraped off into the water.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: July 19, 2021, 07:37:13 pm »

Cow man, a new type of animal person. Cow woman can be milked.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 399