Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 50426 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2018, 03:12:01 am »

Adopt a defensive position. Let them march into our archers and Skirmishers if they wish to fight us. Have our Melee units ready to charge as soon as the enemy gets close.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2018, 08:02:59 am »

Adopt a defensive position. Let them march into our archers and Skirmishers if they wish to fight us. Have our Melee units ready to charge as soon as the enemy gets close.
+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2018, 12:55:43 pm »

(1 VS 3) Tod has sent his archers and axe throwers at the front to barrage the Yorkers. The damage dealt to them is minimal, (3 VS 4) causing them to boldly charge at the raiders, killing quite a few of the archers and axe throwers. (4 VS 6) Heavy axemen counter-charge at the fierce Lowland infantry, and while the vikings have an advantage for a while, they eventually get overwhelmed by the Lowlanders. Meanwhile, Captain Aewulf stands behind the Lowlanders, inspiring them to fight with greater fierceness.

-25 archers, -30 skirmishers, -45 heavy axemen. -28 Lowland Infantry for the infantry.

No tips for today: No inspiration.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2018, 07:01:58 am »

Have the archers fall back to a better firing position, while the melee people do their thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2018, 04:58:30 am »

BUMP! Need another player.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2018, 08:41:50 am »

Have the archers fall back to a better firing position, while the melee people do their thing.
+1 charge !
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2018, 11:04:24 am »

Tod barks his command, and the command is a loud "BREAK THE PUNY BELIEVERS-IN-CRUCIFIX!" (3 vs 4) However, the Lowlanders' sheer fierceness is enough to stop the Viking axemen from counterattacking. (3) The Viking men are getting tired and broken: Looks like they need some flanking maneuvers, or the melee will be lost. Meanwhile, the archers of the opposing forces barrage at each other, (6 VS 2) and the Vikings kill the majority of enemy archers, while the Yorkers have completely failed at their barraging, killing very few.

-39 heavy axemen, -3 archers.

Tip of the day: You're in trouble, so you can either try to outsmart the opponent, or organize a retreat to the ships, but be warned: If you flee, you can't raid the country for 1.5 weeks.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2018, 01:01:45 pm »

Fall back in to a square and shoot them!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2018, 05:13:03 am »

Fall back in to a square and shoot them!
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2018, 03:03:28 am »

(4 VS 1) The Vikings fall back with almost no casualties, using the wide yet narrow streets of the village in order to get an advantage against superior numbers of the Lowland infantry. (2+1 VS 3) The barrage kill some Lowlanders, but not enough to make a difference in melee (4 VS 6), where the Lowlanders keep slaughtering the heavy axemen, (4 VS 4) until Tod commands the atgeir wielders to flank the Lowlanders from left and from behind. The Lowland infantry is still going strong under the pressure from both sides, but if the Seax-wielders will not catch up, they'll get slaughtered.

-34 heavy axemen, -17 atgeir wielders.

Tip of the day: Atgeir wielders have very high defense, decent offense, and get a bonus against cavalry.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2018, 06:06:33 am »

Fall back further into the village and try to divide the oncoming army, have the archers fire upon the oncoming army from a distance.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2018, 12:10:25 pm »

Fall back further into the village and try to divide the oncoming army, have the archers fire upon the oncoming army from a distance.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2018, 01:24:22 pm »

(4)(4 VS 2) The heavy axemen retreat further into the village while the atgeir wielders kill a bunch of Lowlanders, (6) but despite that, Lowlanders rush deeper into the village without splitting up, meaning that they not only ate the bait, but swallowed the hook. (5+1 VS 6) The Lowlanders fight fiercely, but get insane casualties, (1) including the captain Aewulf. (6 VS 1) Meanwhile, the archers shoot at the incoming Seax-wielding infantry, killing the majority of them. The lowlanders got annihilated, since no one wanted to become sacrificed among them. The Vikings return to their ships, mourning the lost brothers-in-arms.

"Set sail for the Denmark!" - Shouted Sigurd The Navigator to the crewmen.

-45 heavy axemen, -30 atgeir wielders.

No tip of the day today: I'm kinda sleepy.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2018, 06:17:28 am »

Lets go to Denmark.
Can we buy some more troops, if we can we should get 50 atgeir wielders, and 100 Heavy axemen.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2018, 10:30:53 am »

Lets go to Denmark.
Can we buy some more troops, if we can we should get 50 atgeir wielders, and 100 Heavy axemen.
+1

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38