Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112259 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #390 on: July 16, 2019, 01:25:51 pm »

Well, we can always take the IKEA approach for moving them around. Just carry Piecewise in one suitcase and his clothes and armor/weapons in another. Then assemble them in place.

Maybe it would make sense to use a ranged weapon in the next attack. Just have a group of skeletons simultaneously snipe the entire patrol.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 16, 2019, 01:36:51 pm »

For this we would need to find them, and I’m not sure we have Our fake ID yet

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 16, 2019, 01:46:42 pm »

Well, we can always take the IKEA approach for moving them around. Just carry Piecewise in one suitcase and his clothes and armor/weapons in another. Then assemble them in place.

Maybe it would make sense to use a ranged weapon in the next attack. Just have a group of skeletons simultaneously snipe the entire patrol.

We could totally read a thing on shooting guns and piecewise would be shooting flies out of the air at 100 paces, I'm sure. Lots of options.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #393 on: July 17, 2019, 05:39:33 pm »

Sure, but the problem with that is that no matter how good a shot one is, one can only shoot so fast. That's why more is better.

Edit: Or, as our friends the orks would say, there's no such thing as enough dakka.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:57:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 17, 2019, 05:58:14 pm »

Sure, but the problem with that is that no matter how good a shot one is, one can only shoot so fast. That's why more is better.

I am in full favor of animating the bad guys' skeletons so we can have more gun-toting skeleton boyz.

We can name them all Piecewise 1- ∞, and rename the current one to Piecewise Prime.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 17, 2019, 06:24:57 pm »

I am in full favor of animating the bad guys' skeletons so we can have more gun-toting skeleton boyz.

We can name them all Piecewise 1- ∞, and rename the current one to Piecewise Prime.
I support this too. Why let kills go to waste? +1 to reanimating them after memory extraction

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 17, 2019, 07:00:30 pm »

We should give them all custom suitcases with grooves for storing their bones along with a small smg.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 17, 2019, 07:02:38 pm »

I want to give em' machine guns and pinstripe suits but that's just me.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 17, 2019, 07:26:30 pm »

We need to figure out the plan. We have 2 rats, one of which is controlled by a phantomm, Piecewise, and a chicken. We must plan the attack using our current assets right now. What if we reanimate more chickens and use them as well as the rats?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 17, 2019, 07:48:56 pm »

We need to figure out the plan. We have 2 rats, one of which is controlled by a phantomm, Piecewise, and a chicken. We must plan the attack using our current assets right now. What if we reanimate more chickens and use them as well as the rats?

I think Esme will be guiding us presently on the proper method of ambuscading a police convoy or what have you. I'm cool just shooting these people to be honest if that's what's recommended. We're noob cadets at this, as it stands.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 17, 2019, 08:28:52 pm »

I think Esme will be guiding us presently on the proper method of ambuscading a police convoy or what have you. I'm cool just shooting these people to be honest if that's what's recommended. We're noob cadets at this, as it stands.
Yes, I’m fine with shooting them too, if we have guns, but I wasn’t sure if we had guns or not

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 17, 2019, 08:31:00 pm »

No clue. Maybe Esme has guns? Maybe we should release a horde of undead chickens. I'm down for whatever gets us more human skeltons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 18, 2019, 02:53:43 am »

We could always beat them to death with pipes or planks of wood, if we can't get any guns.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #403 on: July 21, 2019, 05:07:02 pm »

Look for nice long baggy stuff, trenchcoats and whatnot; we want to hide Piecewises' bony nature, and any armor he might be wearing. Get him a balaclava or something too, so's to keep the skull well hidden. (Can Piecewise see through blindfolds? Check, and wrap his skull up completely if he can.)

For armor: A frying pan sounds clunky; use one if necessary but keep an eye open for better options. A helmet of some kind would be good, if a low-profile one can be found. Anything we equip Piecewise with must be low-profile enough to hide under his clothing.

For weaponry: Have Piecewise keep that knife. Additionally, try to find him something useable as a cosh or sap; Piecewise might need a blunt weapon at some point. Make sure he can hide both objects within his clothing.
+1

+1.
I remove my previously stated action from the running.
+1

+1 I am eager to see how our low-profile heavily trench coated skeleton man in a balaclava goes in this heavily monitored police state.

+1 again.

Bruce finally turns around and stands up, cracking his knuckles and back as he does.  He interrupts  your action by handing you the paperwork.

"There. That should stand up to all but the most intense inspection. The Holofoil film used on that seal isn't precisely perfect but unless they go looking with a magnifying glass they won't notice."

After a quick check to see if Piecewise needs his eye sockets to see- he apparently does not- you ask Esme about finding clothing for Piecewise so he doesn't stand out. You say that the cold weather would make an ideal cover for heavy, full body clothing and face masks or similar.

"Possible" She says, looking at piecewise  and scratching her chin in thought, "Though I can see one possible problem with it.  Clothing over bones doesn't look the same as clothing over flesh, especially when its moving. Even something like a thick jacket might not be enough to disguise the unnatural thinness of it.  It might not alert people that he's a skeleton right away but it might catch their attention. I think we'll need to pad him up a bit to compensate for that.   But as per clothing itself, we can easily go a hold of stuff like that. There are plenty used clothing stores we can scrounge anonymous outfits from."

You tell her about the armor situation.

"As I see it there are a few important parts here. First there's that core right? That gets destroyed and no more skeleton. Encasing it in a metal box or something might be a good idea. But as per armor, why even bother with helmets and such? Couldn't we just glue metal plates onto his bones or something like that? It would be much more flush  than a helmet  or flak vest and probably more effective."

You finally ask Bruce if you can have the knife.

"Thats a kitchen knife you loon." He says, taking the knife from you and returning it to the drawer, "Its not designed for hacking up men and surviving the rigors of war."

He turns to Mary, "You still got that knife that good for nothing lad left here?"

"I think so," Mary says, handing Bruce the soup spoon for him to taste the broth.

"Go get it; we'll give it to these idealists. Would be bad if you were caught with it anyway." He tastes the broth and nods "Good, needs more salt though."

"We're out of our rations already." Mary says as she walks out and digs through a bag near the bed. She eventually pulls out a long wood and metal scabbard and hands it to Esme. Esme pulls the blade out and inspects it. Its a military knife, a bayonet judging by the slot on the side and the ring  attached to the guard. Its long, double edged, and made of some sort of dull blue alloy that doesn't glint or shine.  She hands it to you after putting it back in the scabbard. 

You look around for a decent blunt weapon and finally focus in on a piece of iron rod. It looks to be left over from the construction of a press that is squatting against one wall; a chunk of scrap about a foot and a half long and quite heavy. You show it to Bruce and he gestures that you can have it without speaking.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 21, 2019, 05:09:59 pm »

Follow Esme's lead. She seems to have a pretty good idea of how to properly gear up a skeleton.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 94