Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112268 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2019, 01:03:02 pm »

"Would you like us to help? Maybe we can have an undead bug stick to a guard there to tell us where he goes. Then we can grab him while he's sleeping and have you read his mind. Or just kill them and absorb their memories, though I'm worried that might put them on alert."

Ask something along those lines.
+1

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2019, 01:20:57 pm »

"Would you like us to help? Maybe we can have an undead bug stick to a guard there to tell us where he goes. Then we can grab him while he's sleeping and have you read his mind. Or just kill them and absorb their memories, though I'm worried that might put them on alert."

+1

Capturing a guard would be ideal for intel gathering purposes, but also it sounds from Esme's description like the kind of place where someone would immediately notice a missing guard. Still a good idea, but possibly risky...

I do officially vote against the idea of a frontal assault. -1 to that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2019, 01:54:31 pm »

+1
-1 to the assault
I was supporting the bug, to get inside the place and scout
Or +1 to Esme’s plan for us acting like cargo

Capturing a guard would be ideal for intel gathering purposes, but also it sounds from Esme's description like the kind of place where someone would immediately notice a missing guard. Still a good idea, but possibly risky...

I do officially vote against the idea of a frontal assault. -1 to that.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2019, 01:58:09 pm »

Little tiny spy bugs or spy mice is a pretty good idea though!

I recommend spy mice though, bugs are teeny but also have basically no capacity to understand the world around them in a way that is meaningful to a human.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2019, 02:25:24 pm »

Little tiny spy bugs or spy mice is a pretty good idea though!

I recommend spy mice though, bugs are teeny but also have basically no capacity to understand the world around them in a way that is meaningful to a human.
+1 to spy mice

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2019, 04:24:44 pm »

From what I understand, we can't really see through their eyes though. The best we can do is know their status. Hmm... Unless there's a way to extract memories from undead. Maybe we can experiment with that.

Do only living things form memories? Experiment with the mouse. Maybe if we animate it with a spirit we can then consume the spirit to gain some of the memories. Or maybe we can order the spirit to do a certain action we can sense upon certain events?

Also, can the spirit-animated skeletons speak better than Piecewise? I mean, can they answer questions? Can you hold a conversation with them? Would they be able to report something they've seen (like Esme doing something with her hands behind our back?).

Finally, can we transfer spirits? Can we put one in a body that's good for scouting and then move it to a skull so that it can report what it saw?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 04:52:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2019, 04:31:00 pm »

Well, could get a smart enough spirit to just report back and tell us what it's seen. Just need to put it in a body that can talk.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2019, 04:49:51 pm »

Well, Piecewise can talk, so the obvious solution is to put wings on a skull and make a servoskull.  :P

That said, it would be interesting to see if spirits can speak their mind. I'll go edit that in the previous suggestion.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 25, 2019, 03:32:38 am »

From what I understand, we can't really see through their eyes though. The best we can do is know their status. Hmm... Unless there's a way to extract memories from undead. Maybe we can experiment with that.

Do only living things form memories? Experiment with the mouse. Maybe if we animate it with a spirit we can then consume the spirit to gain some of the memories. Or maybe we can order the spirit to do a certain action we can sense upon certain events?

Also, can the spirit-animated skeletons speak better than Piecewise? I mean, can they answer questions? Can you hold a conversation with them? Would they be able to report something they've seen (like Esme doing something with her hands behind our back?).

Finally, can we transfer spirits? Can we put one in a body that's good for scouting and then move it to a skull so that it can report what it saw?

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 25, 2019, 03:37:29 am »

+1
+1

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 25, 2019, 12:53:15 pm »

So if we are effectively a Piecewise, able to command our own body as though it is a similar puppet, what are we? I don't mean in a physical sense, but our current understanding is that such an arrangement must be deliberately created and then constantly maintained by a necromancer.

Is our spirit/soul/consciousness even human? Is someone, somewhere maintaining our existence through their mana?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 25, 2019, 01:01:46 pm »

So if we are effectively a Piecewise, able to command our own body as though it is a similar puppet, what are we? I don't mean in a physical sense, but our current understanding is that such an arrangement must be deliberately created and then constantly maintained by a necromancer.

Is our spirit/soul/consciousness even human? Is someone, somewhere maintaining our existence through their mana?
Maybe Alexander is doing this?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2019, 01:04:12 pm »

The plot thickens!

Anyway I recommend some kind of animal recon so we can at least get an idea of where guards are posted and what kind of passive measures are in place. Then we infiltrate and gather as much information as possible regarding ourselves.

Hey what about a bird? Ooh, a crow? Those are great. Good eyesight and high cognition. Also, we can be a cool edgelord broody necromancer that hangs out with crows.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:06:28 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 25, 2019, 01:06:58 pm »

Ok, so we know we are doing the right thing. If we weren’t, our controller would retake control to correct the mistakes we make. We seem to also feed on memories. Maybe we are a phantom that possessed a body that was already being puppeted?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2019, 01:07:31 pm »

I could also be totally wrong! :D
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 94