Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112250 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #690 on: October 23, 2019, 06:41:56 am »

Straight up? There's only one possible conclusion. We are being controlled by space aliens!

Anyway, maybe we should just take a look at some map? Maybe we can find a place where we can stake out there place. Maybe we'll see some sort of supply truck. Maybe the truck will have a company name we can search or maybe we can add some undead bug to it to track it to its home.

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 23, 2019, 08:44:43 am »

Straight up? There's only one possible conclusion. We are being controlled by space aliens!

Anyway, maybe we should just take a look at some map? Maybe we can find a place where we can stake out there place. Maybe we'll see some sort of supply truck. Maybe the truck will have a company name we can search or maybe we can add some undead bug to it to track it to its home.
+1

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #692 on: October 26, 2019, 09:36:02 am »

+1
You head back up stairs and check out the location of the lab. The article that Piecewise pointed out before obviously does not list the exact address but it does list some information. You take that information and start referencing some maps along with the memories you have. None of the memories have exact knowledge of the thing's location or anything to do with it, but one of them does recognize some thing in one of the images printed with the article.  This info leads you to a town called Axminster to the northeast, still along the coast. The maps don't list anything specific about a government installation, but when you cross reference some older maps with some newer ones there is the addition of a road that seems to lead to nothing out along the sea cliffs. Possibly its just a scenic route, but possibly its the road to something they didn't want on any maps.

Its somewhere to start, at least.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 26, 2019, 11:25:38 am »

Tell Esme, see if she knows anything about Axminster and see if her research has uncovered anything.
Ask her if anyone is still alive that might recognize us!Kelley (this was in an earlier post but didn't happen in the turn.)
Look through news archives (we're in a library after all) to find any mentions of inexplicable things happening near Axminster.
Look in the same archives for any things that happened in the recent or otherwise past at that hotel we woke up at.

Look for any disturbances in the anima for indications of where our early-morning message might have come from (although they're probably gone by now.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 26, 2019, 11:27:57 am »

Tell Esme, see if she knows anything about Axminster and see if her research has uncovered anything.
Ask her if anyone is still alive that might recognize us!Kelley (this was in an earlier post but didn't happen in the turn.)
Look through news archives (we're in a library after all) to find any mentions of inexplicable things happening near Axminster.
Look in the same archives for any things that happened in the recent or otherwise past at that hotel we woke up at.

Look for any disturbances in the anima for indications of where our early-morning message might have come from (although they're probably gone by now.)

+1

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #695 on: October 26, 2019, 12:18:23 pm »

+1
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 27, 2019, 03:16:14 am »

+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 27, 2019, 07:56:08 am »

We should go find a homeless guy and see how much anima it takes to make it explode, then refine the process until we can create the ultimate Kung fu move, The Five Finger Death Punch!

How does this not have all the +1's we should practice punching people with anima until they explode like an old pinata.

Also I still recommend spy rats. Just one or two, order them to scurry about the corpse receiving area and learn things. First have one put a small watch in a drain vent or something, have it check in every hour so when we extract the memories we have a timeframe as to when things like deliveries happen. Then have them hang about the area and learn as much about day-to-day routine as possible.

I'd recommend against having them try to penetrate further, as any trained necromancer inside the facility might be able to spot our rats.

Maybe do this for a week or so, relay daily updates to Esme.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 27, 2019, 09:31:31 am »

We should go find a homeless guy and see how much anima it takes to make it explode, then refine the process until we can create the ultimate Kung fu move, The Five Finger Death Punch!

How does this not have all the +1's we should practice punching people with anima until they explode like an old pinata.

Also I still recommend spy rats. Just one or two, order them to scurry about the corpse receiving area and learn things. First have one put a small watch in a drain vent or something, have it check in every hour so when we extract the memories we have a timeframe as to when things like deliveries happen. Then have them hang about the area and learn as much about day-to-day routine as possible.

I'd recommend against having them try to penetrate further, as any trained necromancer inside the facility might be able to spot our rats.

+1 to the spy rats

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 28, 2019, 03:01:49 am »

+1 to the spy rats
+1 I'm glad someone liked my idea to punch people until they explode.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 28, 2019, 12:22:08 pm »

+1 to the spy rats

I know right??
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 28, 2019, 03:25:07 pm »

+1 to the spy rats

-1 to homeless anima punch
It's a cool idea. It's also going to get us noticed by the wrong people.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 29, 2019, 12:41:32 am »

That's why we learn how so we can make the "wrong people" explode!

Also I doubt they're going to care about some homeless people, like most big cities they wouldn't care if the homeless people went away.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 29, 2019, 06:53:26 am »

That's why we learn how so we can make the "wrong people" explode!

Also I doubt they're going to care about some homeless people, like most big cities they wouldn't care if the homeless people went away.

People will still see a probably unauthorized magic user, possibly even recognize us as a necromancer if another is nearby.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 29, 2019, 11:57:03 am »

So... is anyone else here opposed to the punching of homeless people just on principle of "not punching random innocent homeless people"? Because... that'd be a pretty firm push from "hero" to "villain", ethics-wise.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 94