Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 111704 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1140 on: April 10, 2020, 01:54:53 pm »

It could have been misspelled on the papers, the papers name is what we’re going with, since both the names are fake too

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1141 on: April 10, 2020, 04:43:48 pm »

I've re-read the pages near that quote,
You give the name of "Eligius Goldstine".

And
1. Apparently we (the players, not the character) talked about the name Orpheus a bit after Commander Ellis left Bruce.
2. Bruce mentioned someone named Nina Antonov, who we could help him find as a favor. Just an interesting thing we haven't thought about since.
3. If we can ever do so without being killed, found out, or drawing attention to the Library, we are so murdering Commander Ellis.
The character said his name was Orpheus after crawling out of under the bed. Told it to Mary, Bruce's daughter. Bruce went with it, since he hadn't actually forged the papers at that point

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 10, 2020, 05:22:06 pm »

I've re-read the pages near that quote,
You give the name of "Eligius Goldstine".

And
1. Apparently we (the players, not the character) talked about the name Orpheus a bit after Commander Ellis left Bruce.
2. Bruce mentioned someone named Nina Antonov, who we could help him find as a favor. Just an interesting thing we haven't thought about since.
3. If we can ever do so without being killed, found out, or drawing attention to the Library, we are so murdering Commander Ellis.
The character said his name was Orpheus after crawling out of under the bed. Told it to Mary, Bruce's daughter. Bruce went with it, since he hadn't actually forged the papers at that point
Understood

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 11, 2020, 02:18:13 am »

Come up with something based on the memories we've consumed. We have so much knowledge and a seemingly superhuman ability to recall it, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with something plausible. Say we're from the country, where record keeping is looser.

+1

Much better than flipping out and killing things.

+1

Less fun, but I see your point

Also: "Goldstine"? Heh.

+1

I'm pretty sure I added the Goldstine part, as for why I have no idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1144 on: April 11, 2020, 02:33:21 am »

Come up with something based on the memories we've consumed. We have so much knowledge and a seemingly superhuman ability to recall it, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with something plausible. Say we're from the country, where record keeping is looser.
Remember to make it mesh with Esme's story, just in case we're still going with the camping trip story.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 11, 2020, 02:44:55 am »

Remember to make it mesh with Esme's story, just in case we're still going with the camping trip story.

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 11, 2020, 08:17:12 am »

+1

Much better than flipping out and killing things.

+1

Less fun, but I see your point

Also: "Goldstine"? Heh.

+1

I'm pretty sure I added the Goldstine part, as for why I have no idea.

Emmanuel Goldstein, dissenter/enemy of the state from 1984?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 11, 2020, 08:19:11 am »

I don't think that's it as I haven't gotten around to reading that book.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 11, 2020, 09:23:10 am »

+1

+1

I don't think that's it as I haven't gotten around to reading that book.

Huh. The parallels are certainly striking.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 11, 2020, 09:31:23 am »

When I saw Goldstine, it made me think of Mr. Gold AKA Rumplestiltzken

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 11, 2020, 12:58:35 pm »

"Orpheus Goldstine?" She asks, an eyebrow raised.

snrk
I'd... forgotten we named ourself that.  :P

I fukkin' SNRRRRRKKKKED a mouthful of coca cola when she said our name. I'd completely forgotten that our alias name is Orpheus, aka the best fictional necromancer.

+1

+1

+1 to this. Make it simple, and something we can remember later.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1151 on: April 14, 2020, 11:28:11 am »

"Orpheus Goldstine?" She asks, an eyebrow raised.

snrk
I'd... forgotten we named ourself that.  :P

I fukkin' SNRRRRRKKKKED a mouthful of coca cola when she said our name. I'd completely forgotten that our alias name is Orpheus, aka the best fictional necromancer.

+1

+1

+1 to this. Make it simple, and something we can remember later.

You concoct a story, drawing from your memories and cobbling together a life out of the lives of everyone you've eaten, along with the things they know. Parents are Elias and Mary, two brothers, grew up in small community in the mountains north of here. Lived apart, father worked an abandoned mine along with some other locals, digging up the scraps a larger mining operation left behind. Copper, sold to a local man, not sure where it went from there. No formal education. Father died in a cave in, brothers left to work and send money back to Mother. You're here, running errands for your cousin who works at the library. Off the book stuff really, not officially employed by them, paid by the job. You and her are planning a trip up to the mountains, camp out in the woods you grew up in. Looking forward to it. Get to see Ma while you're there. One of the good things about these memories technically being yours is that it makes lying with them surprisingly easy; it doesn't feel like lying, it feels like what you actually experienced. You actually have to be careful to not let them pollute the truth of who you are, if you're not careful the lies could become real to you.

Ellis watches you carefully as you speak, probably looking for signs of deception. However, after you finish your fake backstory she simply hands you your papers back. Her face as gone from intense observation to boredom. 

"You have a very unfortunate face Mr. Goldstine. My subordinate thought you might be related to someone we are after."

She waves you through and returns to her tent without any further interest directed towards you.  You scamper back to the library and quickly retell the events of the stop to Esme as you unload the camping gear.  She initially appears quite worried but by the end seems at ease.

"Well, that went about as smoothly as we could hope. Obviously I'll have t be a bit careful, my cover and your self made version don't perfectly mesh. But the discrepancies are small enough that no one would notice unless we were already under worrying scrutiny.  Also gives us a good reason for you to be here and a good excuse for you to be out prowling about.  For an excuse off the top of your head, its not bad."

She checks over the gear for a minute or two and then nods.

"With all the stuff here and that bird of yours, I think we're good to go. I'll get my replacement here set up, if you have anything else to do you have about a day to do it."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 14, 2020, 12:05:42 pm »

*applause*
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 14, 2020, 12:50:12 pm »

*applause*

Indeed.

"Somebody we're after"

I forget, is the Party line that Kelley is dead or that Kelley is just missing? If the latter we know that Ellis is privy to important information

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1154 on: April 14, 2020, 01:03:28 pm »

Nah, I think it's more that the official propaganda is he's dead but there are rumors he's alive and soldiers probably know to look out for him. Otherwise we wouldn't had been stopped by some random soldier because our face looks familiar. Unless he's part of her elite unit or something.

Edit: Maybe get in contact with Bruce to see if we can find out more about his missing fugitive daughter. It's a long shot but maybe some of the documents we recover from our raid will contain information about her. Just because the government says they don't know where she is doesn't mean it's true. But don't give him any information about what we're doing, answer vaguely if he asks, just in case something bad happens.

Other than that, ready to go.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:11:24 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 94