Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Spellcraft Arena  (Read 15002 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Arena
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2019, 09:16:10 pm »

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)

JKHjkkIeMQbBgvJTrOkQKkriHjdMAr. HeAT the water.
which water? there's a lot of water here. How much are you trying to heat it? why?

ypfvqvgXrjuxuqztyVu
I trade vqvXz for another vowel.

I quickly run towards the crumbling building and look around inside.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
vowel: Y
You head to the downslope and in through the cavelike entrance on the first floor. It's quiet in here, and dark. it takes a moment to adjust. The room is wide and low ceilinged. there are vines, some along the walls, some along patches of the floor, some drooping off the ceiling. There are also lizards of various sizes and shapes.  You do not see any enclosures or anything - the lizards seem to be free roaming. The room is shaped so that support columns appear to be natural stone pillars like in a cavern complex, thoug hthey are clearly artificial. There are several routes t oother parts of the 'caverns,' with pictoral signs posted - bats and owls, snakes and other reptiles, burrowing insects, night flowers and other odd plantlife.

WZzaSfOCUJKRDxKrUjoIkbjPfex

Cast fIx on myself and have the flies come back to me, try looking for another mage

Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)

those flies are gone, dude. that spell is expended. (5) you stand up, feeling fresh and energized. you notice some pain in yor chest and a slight bruising, but you feel completely healthy otherwise. (1) all the other mages are out of sight. You must have been down longer than you realized. Also, note: you do not HAVE to get your stuff from other mages. You can, but it's not NECESSARY.

name: Fiery
totem: Bunch of wooden cubes
specialization: Climate
weakness: plants

Letters: DwRjlCMGdaRpInCLgHsHpLUZFe

Cast LIFe in myself and RIp in enemy

Moved a p in letters to have less work while coloring the letters of RIp
(5) you counteract the attack and are healthy and energetic. You have a +1 to your next life roll. (1) your death spell disrupts the effects of HIS death spell and leave him reeling, but alert.
He casts MiGHt. His fists clench and his muscles ripple.

Spoiler: Aura (click to show/hide)

dMRSryXwTZhrvEXUxZCJYYaq

Cast ShUrT to shorten the thorns so I can get free
not gonna lie, that U is throwing me off a bit. (5) The thorns retract, tearing your clothes slightly, The thornbush changes, branhes thinning and sprouting hairy protrusions that weave and knit themselves into some clothlike material. The flowers blossom into haltertops and mini tanktops and tiny little vests for babies.

Hmm. Still not the letters I was looking for.

That was cool! Let's not do that again.
Instead, go to the market and buy a pair of 'e's. Roll to bargain, so I get them as cheaply as possible.

current letters: VcAyltbgbOZwrDCBdEARPcrqayUqzALn
turns left: 6

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)
(5) you can get 2 'e's for 3 vowles, or five capital letters, or ten letters

you don't need the turn tracker for now. THe others are probably not very close to finishing except maybe the combat guy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2019, 10:07:38 pm »

Pick up two of the clothing accessories, then look for fruit and listen if the Juicy spell is still working
(How long until that spell wears off?]

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2019, 12:14:51 am »

WZzaSOCUJKRDxKrUjokbjPfe

Find someone and use ROb on them, try getting their wallet

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2019, 03:04:19 am »

ALL THE WATER.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2019, 04:46:28 am »

ypfgrjuxuqtyVuY

I go down the path of snakes and look for anything of use.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2019, 06:54:51 am »

(+1 to next life roll)

Letters: DwRjCMGdanCgHsHpLUZ.

Cast "Land GUsH" trying to crush him.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2019, 09:09:36 am »

All right, as of this turn, I've already got enough letters for a spell that does what I want. But I feel like with one more letter, I could do better: make it more artistic, more inspired.

I'll keep the tracker on, mostly for myself so I remember how long I have to get this done. It's always possible that I might roll too low and will have to compose another spell.

Question: does taking a letter out of an object change it in any way?

Trade yyU for the two e's.

Go to the town's marketplace and steal an m from there, using the crowd's bustle to cover my actions.
I mean, there's gotta be at least one m in the marketplace.

current letters: VcAyltbgbOZwrDCBdEARPcrqayUqzALn[ee]
turns left: 5

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:37:08 am by HmH »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2019, 07:38:16 am »

Pick up two of the clothing accessories, then look for fruit and listen if the Juicy spell is still working
(How long until that spell wears off?]
okay, you pick up a little bonnet and some kind of scarf or ribbon or something. (3) you hear the juicy spell faintly, leading you again through the chain link fence. it's weaker now, likely to fade after each use. I'll roll each turn you use it, or it might fade due to some other action, so time is short.

WZzaSOCUJKRDxKrUjokbjPfe

Find someone and use ROb on them, try getting their wallet

Roll to find someone: (1) no such luck. You find no one with pockets, pants, or wallets this round. You do get rather lost in the safari park area of the building.

ALL THE WATER.

(6) The room fills with steam and fog. It gets uncomfortably hot and hard to breathe. Before long, the smell of dead fish assails your nostrils. You start to run a fever and sweat profusely. Your sweat stings as it trickles down your body.
out of curiosity, what was the point of that action, anyway?

ypfgrjuxuqtyVuY

I go down the path of snakes and look for anything of use.
(1) yeah, the snakes react badly to your stepping into their area. rattles happen, and a lot of hissing. (3) you do spot a feeding room up past the snakes though.

(+1 to next life roll)

Letters: DwRjCMGdanCgHsHpLUZ.

Cast "Land GUsH" trying to crush him.
Imma give advantage on this roll (4)(1) you create a large earthen geyser underneath your foe () launching him forty feet into the air. The earthen geyser sends debris raining down in a wide arc. you are in the path of the debris. It is falling on you. Let me see if the guy has a chance to cast a spell to save himself: (4) alright he manages to spit out a spell

"saFF!" he shouts (2) his spell fizzles and he falls to his death. You win, assuming your earthen geyser doesn't crush you as well.

All right, as of this turn, I've already got enough letters for a spell that does what I want. But I feel like with one more letter, I could do better: make it more artistic, more inspired.

I'll keep the tracker on, mostly for myself so I remember how long I have to get this done. It's always possible that I might roll too low and will have to compose another spell.

Question: does taking a letter out of an object change it in any way?

Trade yyU for the two e's.

Go to the town's marketplace and steal an m from there, using the crowd's bustle to cover my actions.
I mean, there's gotta be at least one m in the marketplace.

current letters: VcAyltbgbOZwrDCBdEARPcrqayUqzALn[ee]
turns left: 5

taking a letter from a thing DOES affect the thing. affecting a thing as big as a marketplace is a bit of a task. (1) which you fail at horribly. Perhaps a smaller entity wold be an easier target? a market stall, perhaps? Let's try that. (3) you pull a letter out of a market stall. It was a partial success, so I will roll a random letter from 'marketstall': 'm' Well, there you go. The stall collapses into a series of loud klatters: "rlkkaalttl lrarlkllra sllsttslsr lltrlktrll aeasesttka aatrlletaa kakakstele rarlsaatts ataleatess ateealttle!!!!"
The noise is outrageous, sending the entire area into an uproar. That sounds like your cue to gtfo, bro.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2019, 07:42:39 am »

dMRyXwZrvEXxZCJYYaq

Run towards the eeeee sound
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 07:59:05 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2019, 08:33:32 am »

(+1 to next life roll)

Letters: DwRjCMCgHpZ.

Run away from the geyser.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2019, 09:14:19 am »

Whoops.
But now I know this game has Counterfeit Monkey-like mechanics, and knowing is half the battle!

Back away from the stall, pretending to be as surprised as the rest of the crowd.
Loudly exclaim "What the fuck? I was about to shop here! Way to attract customers, man!" to establish that the stall's owner is clearly the one at fault.

Duck into the crowd as soon as I can so the onlookers won't see me bail, then GTFO like a mofo.

current letters: VcAltbgbOZwrDCBdEARPcrqaqzALneem
turns left: 4

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:17:19 pm by HmH »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2019, 12:16:32 pm »

WZzaSOCUJKRDxKrUjokbjPfe

Look for a vegetable left in the area

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2019, 07:37:14 pm »

Thought I was meant to kill the fish. Oh well. Keep looking around for anything interesting, either in this floor or down below.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2019, 04:34:32 am »

ypfgrjuxuqtyVuY

I cast the spell purg to get rid of the snakes, then run to the feeding room.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2019, 06:03:40 am »

gonna be busy for the next week or so, so I might not update until next Tuesday. If I update games before then, this one takes priority.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7