Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 39218 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - circus animals
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2019, 11:49:56 am »

Scole
Go to the town hall, briefly survey the situation, and if it seems safe take a seat inside the door and begin making myself comfortable.

If the creature I rescued is within view, demand to know why the woman I saw is after it. Actually, even if I can't see it I'll ask this anyway - but keep alert for the bike approaching again and be sure to shut up if it is.

[Ben rolled 4+2+2wits=8]
Inside the town hall is a long rectangular room, with high windows and thick wooden beams. A small stage sits at one end and there's a scattering of chairs. Some faded leaflets on the chairs, under a layer of dust, say:

UPLOX TODAY
ZEROK NEC
TOWNHALL 11-5

Terms and conditions apply. Paradise Solutions accept no liability for loss of life or livelihood. Absolute parity not guaranteed. Mindfee applicable. See Paradise Solution Uploxing Handbook 2041 for full details.

Ben waits in silence until the sound of engines disappear. It's dark here, but dry enough. He gets himself comfortable when the teddy bear drops down from the rafters.

"I bwing you wealth beyond measure," says the bear, "I have access to the entire collected knowledge of humankind, lost to your people. Your pawents or gwandpawents would have called it... wikipedia. I can answer thwee questions on any topic you wish to know."

Bungay
Theodore and Timmy head for the HQ to ask around and figure out who to talk to in order to learn about the Hunger and to share information about Viktor.
[Theodore rolled 1+4+0empathy+0londoners+1usefulinfo=6]
Theodore and Timmy go in to the headquarters and are rebuffed: they're sent from office to office, people aren't around to speak to them or are busy ad shunt them onwards. In theory their hot info on Viktor should be useful, but they can't seem to find the right person to speak to. Despairing, the pair reconvene outside the recruitment office.

"I'm thinking of signing up," says Timmy. "They give you a bunch of free stuff and have your back in a fight. Where's the downside?"

“Hey, I’m here to help with the engine experiment?
I can’t help but notice that you don’t have any visible mutations. Whatdo you have?”
Darrin pauses for a moment, thinking.
"I think I saw you while you were still in cryo, actually. So I guess have a belated welcome to the land of the living, though you've been here for a while. The name's Dr. Darrin Amoretto."
"The name's Sriracha," says the mechanic, shaking Darrin's hand. "My main mutation is teleportation, but it's more trouble than it's worth. I also get weird memories about stuff that isn't real, so there's that too. Always nice to meet another Norcom original.

"Actually, since you're here, you can help me with a little something. You know how a combustion engine works, right? There's a spark which ignite fuel and air, and the resulting gas explosion drives the pistons which turn the crankshaft which turn the wheels, via some gears. Back in our day that was the main kind of engine. When we were froze though, electric engines became the norm and I've had to learn how to use them.

"I'm getting ahead of myself. In one of my wrong memories, I knew how piezoelectric skinwraps worked, and so I got the guys in R&D to throw together this prototype. I wanted to harness the energy of moving around the workshop and use that energy to power a headlamp. Pretty low-tier stuff. But then when I tried it, I was outputting metric shit-tons of electrical energy. Nearly fried my skin off."

Sriracha shows his arm, red raw from a recent burn.

"I think I was able to tap into something I like to call Warp energy. I think it's the thing that gives us our mutant powers. Anyway, I can't calibrate the engine and test it at the same time. So I need a guinea pig. That's where you could come in."

The mechanic shows Darrin the inside of a car. There are arm and leg straps with wires coming off of them, to harness the Warp.

"Don't worry, I think it should be safe now. If you want to strap yourself in there, I can work out the voltage we're dealing with here..."

Watton
Issac responds with something that is technically true, though his idea of a resolution may be somewhat different from that of his peers. "As it turns out, I had a job to do before I was so rudely interrupted. But as luck would have it, there's only one more place that I need to go after this before we can get this resolved. Assuming of course that there aren't any problems..."

Barring any unforeseen issues, Issac would start by looking for various shops to see what is available and look for some subtle clues before considering doing something so brazen as actually asking about an illegal operation.
[Isaac rolled 4+1+3wits=8]
Isaac takes a look around Watton. In the centre of the ramshackled workshops there's a square. In the centre of the square is a human man slumped unconscious in a cage. He's got a dishevelled beard, his eyebrows are singed off and several of his fingers are missing. Nailed to the cage is the sign:

CREEKAL SMITH 5 DAYS TIMEOUT FOR FIGHTING AGAIN

Dereham Outskirts
Reload the sniper rifle and store the empty magazine in an ammo compartment, grab the two human fingers and store them, and Jäger sees if he can just put/attach the birdcage on the robotic leg
“Yes, I will assist you. May I ask what you need assistance with?”
Help Jager get the cage on his leg
[Jäger rolled 5+2+2body+1assistance=10]
Jäger attached the bird cage to his leg, twisting the cage wires around his own metalwork. Sandra clamps it in place. The pair consider their next move.

Jäger gains: Bird Cage (in which is a Magpie), human finger x2

Empire Forge
Go to the front door and see if I can't get to the things inside, if I can't start moving bits of the sides, and be on the look out for any movement.
[Burt rolled 1+6+1body-1tired=7]
[Burt rolled 2+6+1wits-1tired+1sorrowful=7]
Dragging bits of rotten wood out of the way is exhausting work, but eventually Burt recovers the hammer. All the clamour attracts attention. He notices something flying towards him, but by the time he's seen it it's already above him: one of the flying drones of Terraterror.

"INTREPID EXPLORER, DO YOU WISH TO SEEK YOUR FORTUNE IN A DREADED MAZE?" it crackles out at him.

Burt gains Blacksmith Hammer.

Make a warhammer is complete. Burt gains +1 tally.

Fakenham
He goes silent after StaggerLee enters, and listens closely.
In the circus tent various of the GML announce their news. Land Pirates roaming even wider. A new blimp spotted. Some grousing about Watton's independence. Eventually it passes and StaggerLee brings the forum to attention.

"Sport! Good sport is all we ask," he bellows. "But we're being trashed in the local leagues. Our rivals the Legends have made an unfair alliance with the southern mutants. We are alone and the odds are against us. So I have come to reveal a new ally!"

There's a long moment of tense anticipation as dozens of animal machine hybrids lean in, eagerly. "The Postwick Mob have offered us a unique deal. They will turn on their tower for a short period in exchange for the things they desire. And what they most desire right now is sassafras oil. As soon as they uphold their end of the bargain we will storm and destroy Cromer, eradicating the mutants who pose the greatest threat to us."

The chat is ablaze with competing suggestions on how to get sassafras oil, and what that even could be and what they could want with it. The main announcement has been made and so the meeting turns into a social, accepting everyone present as being a loyal member of the GML. StaggerLee shoots everyone a bit of kudos for turning up in person. DATABOI grumbled in the chat endlessly when he doesn't get his kudos.

Rollcall is completed. P4 gains +1 tally, +1 kudos.

Deep in the Broads
Go out to the Broads again to search for that Harpy
Name the tortles Jorge, Diego, and George
Try to use my telepathy to make contact with the drone mind. Simultaneously, try to sneak around to find a way out of here.

If it fails, try to sneak out.  If caught, be ready to fight back, but maybe the drone will let me leave anyway instead of taking another hit.  Fire if necessary, but only in self-defense or if the drone mind refuses to stop filming me.

Head back to the base to drop off the razorwire and finish the mission after all this.
[Sandeep rolled 3+2+2wits=7]
As with previous attempts, it's not possible to connect to the uploxed through telepathy. Their minds aren't really located in their bodies. So Sandeep ducks down and tries to escape without being seen. With a roll of razorwire over his shoulder, he sneaks through the thick bushes and away into the countryside. Soon he's out of the range of the uploxed and on his way into the broads to his home. Beating his way through the thick brush he spies through the trees a young man surrounded by three grotesque brightly-coloured bipedal tortoise-like creatures.

Auze is making his way to see his brother when he spies through the swamplands a middle-aged Sikh man with a short greying beard and a turban. He has a long bundle over one shoulder.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 06:48:04 pm by notquitethere »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2019, 11:57:57 am »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

”Okay now that’s that’s done let’s head to Dereham”

Travel to [Dereham]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Chance Encounters
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2019, 12:07:14 pm »

New Tally Spend Options
You may spend 2 tallies to do any of the following:
- Change a profession for another profession (you can't have used the profession you want to swap in the last two scenes).
- Lower one stat and raise another (to the normal maximum and minimum amounts).
- Learn about a new eligible quest (the faction is chosen by me, but you'll always be eligible).

The Quest Log Has Been Updated!

Please see below for new GML quests.

Human
Spoiler: The Keep (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Land Pirates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Postwick Mob (click to show/hide)

Uploxed
Spoiler: Great Marmite League (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TERRATERROR (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eyes of Gaia (click to show/hide)

Mutant
Spoiler: Walt Labs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Londoners (click to show/hide)

Neozombie

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2019, 12:19:51 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)

...*sigh*
Whelp, let’s try this. I guess give it a quick look over to make sure there’s no glaring flaws that will lead to grievous bodily injury in me, and then let’s give it a go.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2019, 12:30:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Yes, let’s”
Head to [Dereham]

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2019, 03:05:21 pm »

Back to my den to do maintenance before i head out to end the Suffering For Sassafras.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2019, 05:35:06 pm »

Issac noted that he should try to refrain from combat in this place. This Creekal guy was evidently willing to break a few rules due to his current predicament. Issac figured it wouldn't take much time to try asking a couple of questions. Stuff along the lines of "What did that guy do to deserve it". It might be possible to get some at least noteworthy information without the need to directly ask for it.

You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2019, 09:14:20 pm »

Here's my rough timeline I came up with for the de Pinta family:                                                       
 2021: Auze Sr.'s father moves from South Carolina to the Galapagos Islands.                                 
 2021, 2 months later: Auze Sr. is born.
 2025: Tortle training first attempted.
 2030: Ecuadorian government largely collapses, loses control of Galapagos.                                               
 2031: Hybrid warlords have hegemony over archipelago, uplox connection tower destroyed in fighting.
 2033: Tortle training for war is widespread.                   
 2034: First Tortler's rebellion, Hallocks take over Pinta Island and become the Hallocks de Pinta family. (later expanded into the de Pinta dynasty).
 2037: Galapagos islands lose contact with the rest of the world outside of South America.   
 2042: Auze is born.
 2047: Second Tortler's war, several islands seized by the Tortler's alliance, as well as northern Isabela. Española Island seized by Ecuadorian Gov't remnants.
 June, 2061: Mainline Hallocks de Pinta (Auze Sr. and children) banned from Ecuador for life.
 2080?: Third Tortler's War?
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2019, 11:35:45 pm »

(so, auze, initiating any interaction?)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:32:49 am by Devastator »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2019, 03:21:35 am »

Good timeline.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2019, 03:31:38 am »

(Can I undo the +1 to Empathy if the communication was impossible?)

Sandeep's just going to avoid the person, then, and head back to base to install the razorwire.  Too much bounty on him to involve someone unattached, and if he's a faction member, he'll be hostile.

After that, set up a third personal quest for finding a boat to get to Ipswich for the next two missions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 04:25:47 am by Devastator »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2019, 03:34:14 am »

(Sure, I'll allow you to undo.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2019, 03:36:04 am »

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:39:15 am by Devastator »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2019, 06:51:29 am »

Auze decides that he is most likely not the friendliest, or would probably end up fighting if he tried to interact, considering that that guy is most likely a mutant. May the feral tortles deal with that guy if he's unfriendly.Besides, Auze speaks a mix of Southern American English and Spanish (both in a weird accent), so they might not even understand each other before it's too late.

Auze continues walking away on his path, keeping an eye on the man to make sure if he does or doesn't approach.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:55:54 am by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2019, 07:25:35 am »

(I'm gonna spend 5 Tallys increasing body to 2.)

"What kind of fortune and creatures dwell with in the maze?"
See what the drone says.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27