Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 116082 times)

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2020, 04:46:15 pm »

without joking, the glowing fonts would work well with some specific monster or radiation stuff
Strike through would be a hilarious way to represent monster corpses
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2020, 04:51:24 pm »

When did we get a new thread fer this?

Huh. Anyways...

Mod shilling time I guess?

Spoiler: Shilling (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:16:59 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2020, 09:22:57 am »

saw the pull requests yesterday, the aftershock revamp seems interesting. i guess it will become of the go to for those wanting to get more cybernetic/mutation stuff.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2020, 06:27:47 pm »

That's definitely the intent. It's given us freedom to remove a lot of stuff we didn't want in mainline while keeping it part of the game.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2020, 04:50:39 pm »

Am I the only only who imagined a gun where a muzzle mounted bayonet was actually sticking out the end of the gun's muzzle and would be launched off as a deadly projectile with the bullet when the gun is fired?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2020, 08:43:39 pm »

Am I the only only who imagined a gun where a muzzle mounted bayonet was actually sticking out the end of the gun's muzzle and would be launched off as a deadly projectile with the bullet when the gun is fired?

Underbarrel mounted crossbow when
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2020, 08:20:50 am »

I think it would be cooler if the crossbow was overbarrel
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2020, 10:01:39 am »

What about a crossbow with an underbarrel mounted single-shot shotgun for emergencies

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2020, 10:11:12 am »

What about a crossbow with an underbarrel mounted single-shot shotgun for emergencies
Don't do the single-shot, go for the master key.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2020, 11:51:35 am »

So...uh...can someone explain how to kill a zombie withou getting...you know, completely destroyed? I think no-hit is basically impossible, so how do you heal afterwards?

Also what does creating a zombie slave do other than utterly and completely fucking up your morale?

Also also how does sealed stomaches work exactly?
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2020, 12:33:44 pm »

In early game, (at least in the past as i have no idea what nerfs/changes this could have been through) , a good zombie destruction tactic was to not "fairplay" at all :D

The fire method :
- get a way to make a fire (by example lighters that weren't very uncommon to find)
- set fire to a bush/shrub
- attract a zombie in it
the bush/shrub will have the zombie slowed and so open to a few attacks without being able to retaliate, and the time spent in the burning shrub/bush will add damage .

After a couple of hits if the zombie isn't dead yet, move to another shrub/bush and set it in fire, then attract the damaged zombie in it again.

The rock method :
Another way without fire in early game was to roam around and collect rocks (and have your character some throwing to help)
Then try to attract a zombie and start throwing rocks to him , if it's not dead when you run out of rocks, run away and attract the zombie a bit away, then move back (obviously avoiding contact with the guy following you) to recollect the rocks and throw them again until the thing is dead.
You can also use shrubs to get the zombies slowing down, for easier rock throwing.

Of course pulp them once they're down.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2020, 01:10:29 pm »

So...uh...can someone explain how to kill a zombie withou getting...you know, completely destroyed? I think no-hit is basically impossible, so how do you heal afterwards?
I've found fire to be effective. Zombies just walk into whatever trap you set so it's pretty easy to kite them into a bonfire.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 20, 2020, 03:17:23 pm »

I used to use windows, because it would give me so many turns to whack them while the zombie climbed in.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2020, 04:54:55 pm »

I think it would be cooler if the crossbow was overbarrel
Obviously, what we need is an assault rifle with an overbarrel crossbow and an underbarrel mounted single-shot shotgun.

Bayonets mounted to the sides and spikes on the butt are optional, as is the detachable dynamite stick strapped to the magazine.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2020, 05:06:05 pm »

I've found fire to be effective. Zombies just walk into whatever trap you set so it's pretty easy to kite them into a bonfire.
I have no clue about the nerfs to fires these days, but theyre a top tool to save your skin.  Ideally though, you want to also level up melee asap so as to not need the fires, since ammo explodes.

Use a weapon that has the block skill, kite zeds over tables, chairs, windows, etc, and keep you encumbrance as low as possible.

Avoid night traveling when youre new and/or underequipped, and use smell-deleting items, like fire.  Fire and smoke also destroy smell, albeit fire makes light.  I close windows and doors and force zeds to waste time busting them down.  I set houses on fire and let zeds path into them to clear areas.  I dont engage any nonstandard zeds early on unless I have to.  I use throwing weapons or silent arms early on.  A sling can soften up single targets and works really well on squirrels and whatnot for easy food.

The blocking weapon though is about my number on tip.  Get a 2x4 or a pipe and engage with that.  Drop extra encumbrance when possible.  Use shopping carts.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57