Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: Brute: SG  (Read 33264 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brute: SG
« Reply #360 on: November 28, 2019, 04:15:25 am »

+1. And let’s have the wizard check the armor before we try wearing it.
+1 to checking the armor, but also +1 to A. Best not to leave a defensible (And very evil) position left standing where any old random bandit could decide to set himself up as a baron or whatever, hm?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 28, 2019, 09:09:47 am »

A
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 28, 2019, 11:01:20 am »

+1 to checking the armor, but also +1 to A. Best not to leave a defensible (And very evil) position left standing where any old random bandit could decide to set himself up as a baron or whatever, hm?
We have an army, right? Once we’ve had the tower checked for corruption, we can have them occupy it if the place is ok and we can destroy it if it’s not.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 28, 2019, 11:04:44 am »

We have an army, right? Once we’ve had the tower checked for corruption, we can have them occupy it if the place is ok and we can destroy it if it’s not.
It is likely fine since we killed the demons.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #364 on: November 28, 2019, 12:53:35 pm »

+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 28, 2019, 07:30:01 pm »

You go inside the tower once again, and ravage it. Your sword cuts through stone and steel as the edifice groans above you. Inside you find a suit of plate that would perhaps fit you, made for a demonic champion. You grab it, you’ll have the wizard look at it. You finish cutting through strictly supports, and charge though a final beam and through a wall. As you jog away the tower, a symbol of pride and domination, crumbles behind you.

You make your way to the temple of Alovial, dragging the demons and sorcerer behind you with the ritual forged chains. They grumble and groan, but between their chains and fear of your strength they keep obedient.

You come in view of the temple complex, a sprawling thing stretching across a dozen ornate buildings. A more welcome sight to you, however, is your army camping on the outskirts of the complex.

You meet your army halfway to the the temple, as your champions and warriors cheer your arrival. There are crowds of commoners and traders there too, and they celebrate the sight of you, for they have been told of your deeds and valor, and the sight of you dragging the enemies of mankind behind you.

Suddenly the noise stops as you make your way through the crowd. You look in puzzlement until a way parts and before you stands the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. Hair as as dark as raven feathers falls over pointed ears like a waterfall down her back. Her eyes are green like emeralds, and her smile in your direction is like the dawn breaking.

Her smile soon falters and she rushes forward.

You move to stop her but she is faster than you and lays a hand upon your chest. Looking down, you see the red burning sun of your corruption retract and flee from her touch, shrinking beneath her attention.  You freeze at the sight.

She removes her head and bows, “My apologies, King Rogg, I acted on instinct,”
She straightens, “I am Princess Celyria, of the Elvish Kingdoms. We will not hide behind our walls any more while demons threaten our world.” She extends her hand to you.
“I have heard of your deeds, and would be honored to fight by your side.”

Your wizard, standing in the crowd, shakes his head and mouths,
”Chosen One”

What do you do?
A. Accept her offer of aid. In a war who knows what will happen. And if she turns on you will be ready.
B.  Well the wizard said you should kill her. Might as well get over with it.
!Evil! Tear out and eat her heart.
D. Politely decline her offer.
E. Something else?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 28, 2019, 07:51:36 pm »

A

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 28, 2019, 07:55:38 pm »

A. Who gives a fuck about all this prophesy shit? If she tries to betray us, we kill her and take her power, if she doesn't, all the better for fighting our enemies! We don't need to be the hero, just the king and warrior.

Also let's do that purification ritual thing already.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 28, 2019, 08:05:18 pm »

A
+1 and yeah let's get to that purification ritual ASAP
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 28, 2019, 08:12:14 pm »

A
+1 and yeah let's get to that purification ritual ASAP
Yes to the purification ritual ASAP, didn’t say (+1) because that could be construed as a double vote when I am supporting the addition without saying (A) twice

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 28, 2019, 08:27:49 pm »

It suddenly occurs to me that there might be more than one side to this story.

E
"This." Gesture towards the corrupted fire at our heart. "Can you cure... this?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 28, 2019, 09:16:32 pm »

It suddenly occurs to me that there might be more than one side to this story.[/s]

E
"This." Gesture towards the corrupted fire at our heart. "Can you cure... this?"

Didn’t she already do that?
You move to stop her but she is faster than you and lays a hand upon your chest. Looking down, you see the red burning sun of your corruption retract and flee from her touch, shrinking beneath her attention.  You freeze at the sight.
Let’s ask her to heal the other people who are corrupted
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:36:00 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 28, 2019, 09:25:33 pm »

Didn't we literally go murderize an entire tower full of enemies and drag two demon lords back here in chains in order to cure people?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 28, 2019, 09:34:06 pm »

Didn't we literally go murderize an entire tower full of enemies and drag two demon lords back here in chains in order to cure people?
Yes. Ignore my previous post
Let’s get the ritual done after having her join us
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:37:12 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2019, 10:15:14 pm »

You awkwardly bow back. “I, uh, accept your offer of alliance. Now,” You lift the chains that drug the demon lords and sorceror behind you, “I have to go sacrifice these to purify my soul.”

At the furrow of her brow you imagine that she is confused and perhaps concerned by your statement, but you are already walking past her towards the temple.

“Wizard! Prepare the Ritual!” The wizard rolls his eyes but he follows.

First he ushers in the affected people first, alongside the guard he placed on them. He carefully marks the borders of the temple, and sprinkled holy water upon the alter. He has the demon brought to the alter, and in a flash of fire the mage demon is consumed and an wave of purifying power sweeps over the people gathered in the temple. The wizard explains the process and what was done to the princess, who glances at you admiringly. You stolidly await your turn.

You bring your looted plate into the temple. The Princess offered her finest mage smiths to rework the plate into something worthy of you, but you wanted to make sure it was purified first. You were done dealing with this corruption constantly intruding on your thoughts.

You then lug in the armored giant demon in on your shoulders and tie him to the alter. It arcs and screams as the holy water burns it, and Silanius speaks the words that ring with holy purpose and the demon evaporates in a ball of fire.

A wave of pressure rocks you and invades you. You feel a question asked deep within your soul, and answered without conscious thought. Your veins burn and your heart stops momentarily as the alien presence inside of you tries to destroy you. All you see is white, and you hear a scream not your own echo inside your head.

You breathe out, your vision returning to normal as you see the temple, Silanius staring at you behind a pile of ash, and no red sun burning from your chest. You are free!

You and the wizard see the Sorcerer standing in the hallway outside the temple proper. He glares at you then begins to chuckle. Silanius draws his wand and trains it on the Sorcerer. He just continues to laugh until a bolt of blue fire burns through his skull.

The wizard sighs and slips his wand into his belt as you look askance at him. “Well, my friend, you know how you wanted the ability to open a portal to hell? Well, Hell is coming to us in three days.”

What do you do? You have 2 thousand of your warriors, around 90,000 orcs a week away that you have sent riders to summon. Princess
Celyria has 750 elvish warriors, scholars, and sages. She wonders if it would be best to retreat. The Wizard informs you that the Temple will be the invasion site of this world, the bounds dividing the abyss inadvertently weakened by the purification rituals. In any case, this is where the flood gates of hell will open.

You may assign a task to the Princess and Wizard, and you can fortify defenses, or come up with some sort of plan. Or you could probably just get away with winging it and charging them back, but you probably won’t be able stop everything from slipping past you. Or you could retreat!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28