Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58

Author Topic: Minimalist Halloween thing 2: Revenge of the Electric Boogaloo: Its dead Jim.  (Read 98344 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Halloween thing 2: Revenge of the Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2020, 04:03:35 pm »

Heal myself then fly towards a roof near the park

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2020, 04:10:38 pm »

Publish my manifesto on the Internet and gain more than one follower. I mean, we aren't so meta!

Meanwhile, asks the ghosts about the afterlife, and how one could escape from it

"Goddamnit internet! You never failed me when I needed memes, so DO NOT fail me now!"
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 04, 2020, 01:44:22 am »

Spread my roots deeply and wide under the town's soil, then finally lift it off into space.
Keep spawning Demonic Foliage until I have tens of thousands of these things.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 04, 2020, 09:23:38 am »

Shove Angry through the portal.

Sorry for missing the last two.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2020, 09:03:08 am »

(We have had our first player become a NPC.)

The town the game started in has been lifted lifted into space, but people still in the town don't have to worry about air as it's in a bubble of breathable air.
There is a temporary ceasefire with the pumpkin zombie army, they will not attack again for one turn unless provoked.
ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES has been banished to somewhere else.

November 1, 3:30 AM
Its dark.
Its cloudy.
A giant pumpkin zombie army seven billion strong as appeared and is destroying everything that isn't Canada then adding it to Canada, all of them have weapons now and they are also immune to brain alteration.
Outsider didn't post so they have become a NPC.
Dustan Hache didn't post for the seventh time so random action.
ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES didn't post for the sixth time so random action.
WyrdByrd didn't post for the second time so random action.
Yoink didn't post so random action.

go figure out what caused the noise and try to help rebuild anything that might be broken
(Figuring out what happened = 1) You go out side to try to figure out what happened, but suddenly your hit in the back of the head with something and get knocked unconscious.

keep searching for the zords.

Animal will keep fortifying the city.

(Finding the zords = 5) After several more minutes you finally find the four zords all sitting behind a building, now all you need is some pilots.
(Animals fortifying the city = 4) The animals continue to work on getting the city ready for the coming siege by fortifying all major defensive walls and positions.

Alright, get some of my medics to search up a cure for the zombie pumpkin things. Also, THROWING THE MOON!? THAT STUFF'S COLONIZED! WHAT ARE THESE GUYS, MADMEN!?
Also, gather up all the candy we can. We may find it useful.

(Finding a cure for the zombie pumpkins = 2) Its turns out it hard to find a cure for something when you don't have scientific facilities or scientists.
(Gathering up all the candy = 5) You send your men out to gather candy, and after a few minutes they bring you a massive pile of it, upon handling the candy you feel a massive surge of magical powers enter your body.
Then you see some of the earthnoids hit one of the other earthnoids in head with a chair then run off into the town.
Then suddenly the town starts to lift up into the air and into space.

Go to bed.
(5) It only takes you a few minutes to fall asleep.

Heal myself then fly towards a roof near the park
(Healing self = 3) You spend a few minutes applying bandages, but this only somewhat heals you.
(Getting on a roof near the park = 5) It doesn't take long to get near the park and land on a building, and you don't even need to be stealthy as all troops left for a bit.
Suddenly you feel the entire town begin to lift up off the ground and float up into space.

Publish my manifesto on the Internet and gain more than one follower. I mean, we aren't so meta!

Meanwhile, asks the ghosts about the afterlife, and how one could escape from it

"Goddamnit internet! You never failed me when I needed memes, so DO NOT fail me now!"
(Publishing the manifesto = 5) It takes several minutes to upload the manifesto to the internet, but you get it there.
(Gaining more internet followers = 2+1 For manifesto) And you only get three more followers from it, looks like the post-apocalyptic internet isn't the best place to find followers.
(Finding out about the afterlife = 3) You spend several minutes questioning the various ghosts about the afterlife, and each one gives you a different answer, its ether they all went to different places or they aren't telling the truth.
(Finding out how to escape the afterlife = 4) It turns out that you can leave at anytime and go back and look at whats happening on Earth.
(Getting to France = 5) You hear an announcement from the pilot that you've finally arrived in France, and he needs to know where to land he also mentions that most of the major cities are destroyed and radioactive so you probably shouldn't go to them.

Spread my roots deeply and wide under the town's soil, then finally lift it off into space.
Keep spawning Demonic Foliage until I have tens of thousands of these things.

(Spreading roots = 6) Your roots grow far and deep eventually encompassing the entire town, but some of the roots grow through other roots causing pain and damage to you.
(Lifting the town into space = 6) You then use some kind of magical powers to lift yourself and the entire town off the ground and up into space.
(Continuing to spawn Demonic Foliage = 4) You then create a few thousand more of the demonic foliage things.

Shove Angry through the portal.

Sorry for missing the last two.
(4) Using your powers you start to shove ANGRY into the portal but ANGRY resists, then suddenly another force aids in shoving him into the portal and with your combined forces overwhelm ANGRY and shove him into the portal, you then quickly close the portal so he can't get out.

Quote from: Yoink
PICKUP THE SWORD AND USE IT TO KILL MORE DEMONS, IF THAT FAILS JUST SHOOT THEM.
(Picking up the sword = 3) You struggle to pick up the sword so you give up as its too heavy for you to use.
(Shooting demons = 4) You then plow down some more demons with your shotgun.

Quote from: WyrdByrd
Search for some FUNKY items to use to allow the FUNK to come into the world.
(3) You search around the Funkiverse for several minutes but find no FUNKY item that fills the need you have, but you have a feeling that they might be further in.

Quote from: ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES
Get rid of that portal.
(4-2 For being ganged up on) You try to get of the portal when suddenly you feel someone pushing you but you resist, then suddenly someone else stats pushing you and the combined force overwhelms you and you get pushed into the portal where its sealed behind you. Looks like they finally managed to banish you, but it you come back as a player you could escape the banishment.

Quote from: Dustan Hache
Keep pushing the Halloween god into the portal.
(5) You go to shove ANGRY and you find another force trying to shove him, so you aid in the shoving and with your combined effort you shove ANGRY into the portal, then the other force closes the portal.

NPC  STUFF
Quote from: Outsider The Ascetic monk
Keep building the monastery.
(5) After a lot of work you and your followers finally finish the monastery.

Quote from: Giant Pumpkin Zombie Army with weapons 6,902,473,392 X16
Destroy everything that isn't Canada.
Not attacking for one more turn.

Percent of America destroyed: 5.83%
-Percent of The Town destroyed: 45.34%
-Percent of Ziizo's Animal City destroyed: 0%
-Percent of Dustan Hache's fief destroyed: 0%

Percent of Canada destroyed 0%

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2020, 09:30:21 am »

Okay, I can work with this. Land on Lourdes, and publish my enlightment book. Also, use the guillotine to destroy the radioactivty and any mutants that may have emerged from it.

Meanwhile, order the ghosts to go to the afterlife and bring me French and Russian soldiers from all eras.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 05, 2020, 09:50:18 am »

Keep spawning Demonic Foliage.
Fire elementals: Get to the high ground.
Both fire elementals & Demonic Foliage: Prepare to exterminate the last remaining zombies from the town, as the ceasefire is bound to end soon.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2020, 05:19:41 pm »

try to become conscious and right the other humans

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2020, 05:55:24 pm »

(I'll keep watching, but I'm not going to act until morning so my character can wake up to an even worse apocalypse.)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2020, 06:21:58 pm »

Get animals to control the other zords so we can fuse them into the megazord.

The others animals add weapons to the defenses of the city
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 06, 2020, 12:00:57 am »

Shoot at the mecha

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 06, 2020, 03:01:03 pm »

Summon some Funky creatures

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 07, 2020, 07:31:42 am »

There is a temporary ceasefire with the pumpkin zombie army, they will be resuming the attack next turn unless provoked.

November 1, 4:00 AM
Its dark.
Its cloudy.
A giant pumpkin zombie army seven billion strong as appeared and is destroying everything that isn't Canada then adding it to Canada, all of them have weapons now and they are also immune to brain alteration.
The town the game started in has been lifted lifted into space, but people still in the town don't have to worry about air as it's in a bubble of breathable air.
Dustan Hache didn't post for the eighth time so random action.
Yoink didn't post for the second time so random action.
Avetruetotheimperator didn't post so random action.
Smoke Mirrors didn't post so random action.

Okay, I can work with this. Land on Lourdes, and publish my enlightment book. Also, use the guillotine to destroy the radioactivty and any mutants that may have emerged from it.

Meanwhile, order the ghosts to go to the afterlife and bring me French and Russian soldiers from all eras.

(Landing in Lourdes = 5) The plane lands quickly and with out any trouble, then pulls up to the terminal and you and your group disembark including the blood pilot, the city appears to be in good shape considering whats been going on in the world.
(Publishing your enlightenment book = 2) You then try to publish your book but you can't find a way to make extra copies to give out.
(Using the guillotine to destroy radioactivity = 3) You then spend several minutes swinging the guillotine at random bits of radiation, and destroy them but there's still a whole bunch of radiation left in other places.
(Using the guillotine to destroy the mutants = 4) You then run around Lourdes and kill every mutant you find.
(Ghosts gathering French soldiers = 2) They don't find any troops as their to busy talking to one another about being back in France to do any searching.
(Ghosts gathering Russian soldiers = 3) The Russians however manage to find a few soldiers, you now have 34 ghostly Russian troops.

Keep spawning Demonic Foliage.
Fire elementals: Get to the high ground.
Both fire elementals & Demonic Foliage: Prepare to exterminate the last remaining zombies from the town, as the ceasefire is bound to end soon.

(Spawning more Demonic Foliage = 5) You spend a few minutes spawning more Demonic Foliage, and they quickly go and join the others.
(Fire elementals getting to higher ground = 5) They all quickly climb up onto rooftops and up into to tops of dead trees.
(Both creatures preparing to exterminate the zombies in town = 4) They then get into position and prepare themselves for the incoming pumpkin zombies.

try to become conscious and right the other humans
(Becoming conscious = 6) You immediately wake up and start looking around and find yourself still in the medical tent.
(Righting the humans = 5-3 For the humans having left) You would right the humans but they left the tent after apparently hitting you with a chair.

(I'll keep watching, but I'm not going to act until morning so my character can wake up to an even worse apocalypse.)
(Everyone here does seem intent on making it worse for some reason.)
You sleep, and dream about how you dislike the apocalypse.

Get animals to control the other zords so we can fuse them into the megazord.

The others animals add weapons to the defenses of the city

(Animals controlling the zords = 3+1 For having the manual) It takes a bit longer than you wanted for the animals to get the zords ready as they had to read through the manual for a bit first to figure out how they worked.
(Becoming the megazord = 5) Then they combine their zords with your zord and together you all become the Megazord.
(Animals adding weapons to the cities defenses = 3) They add a few mounted machine guns to the wall in order to protect the city.

Shoot at the mecha
(Which mecha do you shoot | Heads for leader | Tails for other | = Heads) It takes a little bit to decide on which mecha to shoot, and eventually decide to use the one that's leading everything.
(Hitting the mecha = 5) You then shoot it and it looks like you broke something important because sparks and smoke started to come out of it.

Summon some Funky creatures
(3+1 For FUNK) You and your FUNKY friends start to do a FUNKY dance and you guys dance so FUNKY that a small group of the FUNKIEST creatures you've ever seen show up and they start following you around, periodically they stop to dance a little. You nave 23 of these creatures.

Quote from: Avetruetotheimperator
Use the radio to ask for a scientist to comedown, then have the scientist try to find a cure for the pumpkin zombie, and the troops shall get ready for the incoming siege, all while I go find the earthnoids that escaped again.
(Getting a scientist = 5) You use the radio to request a scientist be sent to help with the incoming problem, and a few minutes later he appears.
(The scientist finding a cure to the pumpkin zombies = 6) He quickly gets to work looking for a cure, and after several minutes of work something goes wrong as he apparently messed up something destroys the zombie sample, but at least he get all the info he needed from it before it was destroyed.
(Troops getting ready for the siege = 3+1 For fortifications) All the troops get into their positions and prepare themselves for the incoming horde.
(Finding the earthnoids = 3) You quickly go to the tent and find only one of the earthnoids, but no amount of searching reveals the location of the other ones.
Then suddenly you get shot by someone and it damages your mecha sending sparks everywhere.

Quote from: Smoke Mirrors
Make sure the portal's closed so ANGRY can't return.
(5) You use your magic to close the portal and make sure he can't get back through that way, meaning it will be even harder for him to come back now.

Quote from: Yoink
TRY AND HEAL MYSELF AGAIN, AND CONTINUE TO DEFEND SELF FROM DEMONS.
(Healing yourself = 2) You search your pockets and find no healing items to use.
(Defending self = 5) You manage to kill off even more demons.

Quote from: Dustan Hache
Go back to my fief and get it ready for the incoming siege, and gather the fiefs militia and get them equipped and ready.
(Getting ready for the siege = 6) You quickly run back to the fief and rally the people and everyone starts getting ready for the impending invasion.
(Fief militia getting ready = 4) You then go and gather the militia and start preparing them, and by the time your finished every one of them is armoured and ready to fight.

NPC  STUFF
Quote from: Outsider The Ascetic monk
Go out and enlighten more people.
(5) You and your followers go out and find even more people to enlighten.

Quote from: Giant Pumpkin Zombie Army with weapons 6,902,473,392 X16
Destroy everything that isn't Canada.
Will resume attacking next turn turn.

Percent of America destroyed: 5.83%
-Percent of The Town destroyed: 45.34%
-Percent of Ziizo's Animal City destroyed: 0%
-Percent of Dustan Hache's fief destroyed: 0%

Percent of Canada destroyed 0%

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2020, 07:38:07 am »

Infect the pumpkins with the “End of Break Blues” So they feel to lethargic to get back to attacking and just want to sit around and do nothing.

School’s back in for me, so I may actually be posting actions more regularly as I can keep track of what day it is.

EDIT: Does this count as brain alteration/ is this blocked by their immunity?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 07, 2020, 08:10:16 am »

EDIT: Does this count as brain alteration/ is this blocked by their immunity?
It sounds fine to me, I've already got an idea of how to word it if the dice allow it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58