Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 28862 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2020, 04:17:53 pm »

Take our thing. Then get our blood on it and whack him with it.
+1
Yes, now is the time to bash the orb into the assailant's skull
+1
You take the Orb back. Your wound is still present, but it’s stopped bleeding. You wipe the Orb in some of the stuff coating the cobbled street. You lift the orb high, and bring it down onto his head as hard as you can. As soon as it makes contact, he’s knocked unconscious with an almighty whack. For a second everything goes quiet. But nothing else happens. The Dragon-Lady and the Short, bearded Man let him go. Their eyes meet for a second, and then they nod. The Dragon-Lady picks Him up, and begins carrying Him away, while the Bearded Man beckons you towards the Soup Kitchen, the Grey-Haired Man watching from inskde with curious eyes.
‘He’s not going to stick around. And I think you might need some advice.’

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2020, 04:22:35 pm »

"I'm good. You see this orb makes me immortal so I can be as reckless and stupid as I want. I was actually just a human before I got it, its power is what made me all pretty and colorful. Worst that happens if someone kills me is I wake up with my memory lost, like earlier! I get to have trippy dreams about all the times I died in the past. Its pretty great."

Now I'm lying about the orb.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2020, 04:26:00 pm »

Yes, I am in dire need of advice. Please, thank you and come again.
Don't forget the strip that bastard of all his valuables before you dispose of the body!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2020, 04:56:26 pm »

"I'm good. You see this orb makes me immortal so I can be as reckless and stupid as I want. I was actually just a human before I got it, its power is what made me all pretty and colorful. Worst that happens if someone kills me is I wake up with my memory lost, like earlier! I get to have trippy dreams about all the times I died in the past. Its pretty great."

Now I'm lying about the orb.
Don't forget the strip that bastard of all his valuables before you dispose of the body!
+1 wait, why are we saying come again?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2020, 05:44:09 pm »

+1
”Yes, I am in dire need of advice. Please, thank you and come again. Don't forget the strip that bastard of all his valuables before you dispose of the body!”
‘Hah. Beggers don’t pick fights with Beggers, not around here. He’ll need His things soon enough.’

He takes you inside, up to the room with a straw-covered floor, and sits You down.
‘I’ve a feeling this is going to be interesting. My name’s Lokum, by the way. Two questions for you: Who are you, and how much do You know about... Well, anything, really. You mentioned losing Your Memory, and, well, I hope You don’t hold it against Me for taking the rest of Your speech with a pinch of salt after that.’

Wounds: 1
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2020, 05:49:17 pm »

All I know is that I know nothing.
I am Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau!
You can call me Bob
I'm alive, I think.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2020, 05:59:53 pm »

You can call me Bob
I'm alive, I think.

+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2020, 06:08:07 pm »

You can call me Bob
I'm alive, I think.

+1
+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2020, 07:27:05 pm »

You can call me Bob
I'm alive, I think.

+1
+1
‘That... that doesn’t give me much to work with. Nice Name, though, I’ll give you that. Well, you’re in Lent. Lent is built at a five-way crossroads, sort of. Kobolds live in the north, they’re the tall Folk with scales, Humans live in the south, They’re the tall folk without scales, Dwarves ,like me, live in the east and west, and Deep Dwarves, Insect-Folk, and a bunch of Others all live down the Graves. The Graves run from the south-eastern Mountains to some mythic ending in the north-west, and if you go to the very bottom of them, you reach the Place called The Underworld; Caves, tunnels, oceans, pits, and who knows what else are all down there, all in constant darkness. There’s other entrances, small caves and whatnot, but The Graves are the biggest. Anyway, there’s a road that follows the Graves on the northern side, starting at the point where the Graves end at Giant’s fall in the south, and continuing to follow The Graves off into the north, further than anyone goes in this day and age. And a few Cities away from Giant’s fall... is Lent.’

He looks exhausted once he finishes. But he keeps going.

‘Even if you don’t want to be, You’re a beggar, or a Vagabond, or Whatever you want to call it. That’s what Society will label You as long as you keep on wearing rags and sleeping above the Soup Kitchens. We do the dirrty Work that no-one else wants; murderers, Spies, Thieves, Blackmailers, even Grave-Divers. But we have rules. We look out for each other, We talk to each other, and we don’t fuck with each other, ‘Cause The World will do that last one for us. Ethan saw an opportunity. If he could get it, he could have skipped Town a rich Man, and he wouldn’t have had to care about Our retribution.’

He takes a drink from a hitherto unseen flask. It smells very, very strongly of alcohol.

‘You keep that thing of Yours close. If, if it is Magic, that shit’s dangerous. Lots of People know little spells, small things. Spells of protection, spells of defense, I actually know a way to make bandages to seal any wound, though you need a specific pattern and certain kinds of paint. But really Powerful magic is the shit that Kills People. We find Spells by finding what works, slowly and carefully. But you can’t test out a spell of fire slowly and carefully, not without leaving all the actual work to an army of disposable slaves. If anything goes wrong, you’ll be utterly fucked. Probably. You never said what that thing actually Does, so for all I know it could make infinite Cats appear from thin air. I don’t know what else to say except keep your head down, and don’t be surprised when things don’t turn out the way you expect them to. The Soup Kitchens can’t always run, and debt will find you in the end if you wrack it up. Work is always available. And never take more than two bowls of soup a Day per Kitchen, or You’ll end up like Ethan, garaunteed.’

He stops.

‘Fuck... how long have I been talking for? I’m sorry. Tell me if I missed anything really important. And, eh... actually... no, nevermind.

Sunlight is still streaming in. You finished your soup a while back, and you feel pleasently full inside. It’s warm and cosy in Here, all things considered.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2020, 07:39:40 pm »

So, tell me... Who would I go see to get some ‘dirty work’? A bulletin board? Or is there some sort of big boss in charge of all that? Maybe you can give me an example of what you’ve done before.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2020, 07:41:05 pm »

"Its fine. You saw me take a knife to the neck right? I'm basically unkillable. It would take like, a dozen hobos to put me out. Maybe two dozen. Perhaps even three dozen if I'm having a good day. Who would send three dozen hobos after one person? I mean I would, but I am currently struggling to recruit one hobo."

Examine the orb to see if it reacted to KOing the dude in any way.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2020, 09:00:55 pm »

"Its fine. You saw me take a knife to the neck right? I'm basically unkillable. It would take like, a dozen hobos to put me out. Maybe two dozen. Perhaps even three dozen if I'm having a good day. Who would send three dozen hobos after one person? I mean I would, but I am currently struggling to recruit one hobo."

+1 to examining the orb, but we should ask about where to go to apply for grave diving
I’m guessing we are from there

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2020, 04:29:42 am »

+1 to examining the orb, but we should ask about where to go to apply for grave diving
I’m guessing we are from there
"It’s fine. You saw me take a knife to the neck right? I'm basically unkillable. It would take like, a dozen hobos to put me out. Maybe two dozen. Perhaps even three dozen if I'm having a good day. Who would send three dozen hobos after one person? I mean I would, but I am currently struggling to recruit one hobo."
‘Hmm.’
He stands up and does a little stretch.
‘I’ve never seen anyone survive a knife to the throat, so I’ll give You the benefit of the doubt on that. Still, be careful.’
As he
So, tell me... Who would I go see to get some ‘dirty work’? A bulletin board? Or is there some sort of big boss in charge of all that? Maybe you can give me an example of what you’ve done before.
‘Big Boss? Hah! Not in Lent. If someone’s looking for “labour”, they’ll either look for someone to do the job themselves, or wait for someone to come for the job, in which case they’ll usually spread word around that they’re looking for a Worker, just don’t expect specifics from rumours. If you want to go Grave-diving, though, You can just head on down into the Graves, and bring back information or loot or whatever you find down there. It’s work for the desperate, but never forget it’s an option. Or You could go to The Constables. They’re always looking for People to Spy on trouble-makers. I think that’s it. Is there anything else You want to know? ‘Cause I have a Man to see about an antique sword hilt.’

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2020, 10:15:46 am »

"One last thing whats going to happen to the guy that attacked me?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2020, 10:21:23 am »

"One last thing whats going to happen to the guy that attacked me?"
+1
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29