Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 28853 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2020, 10:52:49 am »

Is dancing the most effective way to heal wounds fatal to ordinary folk? If so, I'm ready to get my boogie on! My poses will be the most fabulous in this dimension!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 23, 2020, 10:55:29 am »

“I would like to learn via words. They seem harder to mess up then other ways

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2020, 08:30:47 am »

Is dancing the most effective way to heal wounds fatal to ordinary folk? If so, I'm ready to get my boogie on! My poses will be the most fabulous in this dimension!
+1 Gotta get our grove on.

"You know who eats their tea with milk, COMMUNISTS that's who!"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2020, 08:52:48 am »

-1 to "You know who eats their tea with milk, COMMUNISTS that's who!". This is unneeded, I’m not sure if communists exist here, and if they do, it doesn’t mean they are like Stalin

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2020, 09:03:46 am »

We've already established the character as crazy and I'm adding to it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2020, 11:52:44 am »

-1 to "You know who eats their tea with milk, COMMUNISTS that's who!". This is unneeded, I’m not sure if communists exist here, and if they do, it doesn’t mean they are like Stalin

I found the commie sympathizer.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2020, 06:05:08 pm »

‘Well, You can use it in all sorts of ways. Different dances, different rituals, different Spells. There’s a very nice trick I know for opening doors that I could teach You, and another for directing wind, but the only Healing ritual I... ah... trust myself to teach isn’t the most convenient method, and You need both legs working, which isn’t good if You need to heal them. As long as You remember that some Casting methods are better for certain Spells than others, I’ll do my best to teach You. You’re certainly enthusiastic, which is very good! Passion is important! Honestly, if You’re ready and You don’t have any more questions, We could begin now. I have the time.’

Wounds: 1
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:06:40 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2020, 06:12:44 pm »

Smile. Put our hand to our chest, and nod a slow nod. "I would be most grateful, sir."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2020, 06:36:03 pm »

Smile. Put our hand to our chest, and nod a slow nod. "I would be most grateful, sir."
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2020, 09:52:41 pm »

+1
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2020, 05:23:46 am »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2020, 07:09:51 pm »

+1
+1
+1
"I would be most grateful, sir."

He smiles. ‘Then let us begin!’

He takes You to an empty Lecture Hall, built like an indoor ampitheatre, and brings You to the stage. Setting a few books on the ground, he begins the lesson.

It’s a lot more like ballet or a martial art than You might have expected. Some movements are essential, while others can be as wild as You want them to be. Sometimes You need to spin until You reach an almost trance-like state, while other times, simple movements of the body are enough. Gradually, as You spin, and jump and move, You begin to notice that in small ways, the World moves with You. Slowly, but picking up pace, You are directed by Bran in certain movements, certain gestures, certain leaps and spins, each time causing various small objects set down on the stage to move more and more. You lose track of time, and suddenly, You are flying, and spinning, and dancing, and as You do so, You watch as Your every Move carries a single book, flying beside You, spinning around You, and dancing in an endless harmony. Until You get hungry, and You eventually have to stop, and both You and the book flop onto the ground with exhaustion. Shortly afterwards, You are munching on a slice of rye toast with a poached egg, much to the delight of Your tired body, as Bran comments on Your work.

‘I’ve never seen anyone take to dancing work quite like that. You must have been a Masterful dancer before whatever incident lost You Your memory, whatever that was. I won’t pry about details, it probably wasn’t a pleasant experience. But still, some People take Years to get the hang of that, and here I am, it’s barely past lunchtime and You’ve gotten it all perfectly! Whatever it was, it definitely didn’t get rid of Your Body’s memories. If we keep this pace up, I’d say I could teach You a nice healing spell before I have to go back to my work. Come on!’

After dragging You back onto the stage, poached egg still in the mouth, he begins the movements for the Healing spell, checking a small notebook for specifics whenever He thinks You aren’t looking. Soon, You find Yourself spinning in circles, hands flying, eyes closed. Everything becomes focused. Every fibre of Your being channels itself into one point. You open Your eyes. Bran walks up, and traces Your neck.

‘Well done. You don’t even have a scar left behind.’

You can’t help but feel good. You realise that You started smiling a few seconds ago without noticing. This feels good.

Back in His office, he seats You down, and pours out some tea. The light through the window has gotten darker, and it looks like mist has settled outside.

‘Well. Personally, enjoyed that immensely. That was some of the best Magician’s dancing that I have ever seen. I’m not sure what else to say. Though... If I might, what’s the plan with the Orb? I’d love to research it, if You were okay with that, but if You want to hold onto it, I understand completely. And, uh, please take milk with Your tea this time. It hurts a little to watch You, no offense.’

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spellcasting (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2020, 08:06:32 pm »

Well, when I first woke up from whatever gave me my amnesia, this orb was one of the first things I found. I was in a stone tower of sorts. Someone referred to it as a shrine. I thought this orb was some conduit of power, but now I’m not so sure. You seem like the folks who would find out what it does. I’ll probably find another one during my travels

Say this as I drink the milk instead of the tea

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2020, 08:34:12 pm »

Well, when I first woke up from whatever gave me my amnesia, this orb was one of the first things I found. I was in a stone tower of sorts. Someone referred to it as a shrine. I thought this orb was some conduit of power, but now I’m not so sure. You seem like the folks who would find out what it does. I’ll probably find another one during my travels

Solid summing up, +1

But just drink our tea like a normal person this time. Put a little milk in it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2020, 08:41:27 pm »

Compromise.

Drink all the milk, then drink all the tea.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29