Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 28847 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2020, 08:16:36 am »

Ye be giving me that look. That same look many give me. Always that look. Disgust? Confusion? Disgusted confusion? I don’t take offense, though, because I don’t understand either. I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. Now I ask you, what would you do if you were in my situation? What would you do if you heard voices in your head? They council me. They understand. They talk to me.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 04, 2020, 08:24:37 am »

Ye be giving me that look. That same look many give me. Always that look. Disgust? Confusion? Disgusted confusion? I don’t take offense, though, because I don’t understand either. I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. Now I ask you, what would you do if you were in my situation? What would you do if you heard voices in your head? They council me. They understand. They talk to me.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 04, 2020, 08:48:42 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2020, 03:58:00 pm »

"I was doing a healing dance and tried to heal my brain but it seemed to have made it worse, I might have more brain damage now."
+1
+1
+1
"I was doing a healing dance and tried to heal my brain but it seemed to have made it worse, I might have more brain damage now."

As You sit up, You meet His gaze. There’s a moment of silence. Then, You speak.

‘I.... I...’

His shifts to avoid looking You in the eyes.

‘... I... I don’t know.’

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spellcasting (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 05, 2020, 04:06:17 pm »

You don't know? That makes the two of us, pal. You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Average Joe and you can see that statement is not true! I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! The best I can do is keep living my life according to what the mystical moon observers controlling my words and actions say I should. One day at a time, I says.

But listen, I gotta thank ye for the hospitality and hopefully the folks out there weren't too spooked by my shenanigans

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 05, 2020, 05:39:57 pm »

You don't know? That makes the two of us, pal. You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Average Joe and you can see that statement is not true! I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! The best I can do is keep living my life according to what the mystical moon observers controlling my words and actions say I should. One day at a time, I says.

But listen, I gotta thank ye for the hospitality and hopefully the folks out there weren't too spooked by my shenanigans

+1 also head back to the inn and spend the night, maybe sleep will do some good

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 05, 2020, 07:05:15 pm »

We're in our innroom now.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2020, 08:03:47 pm »

Oh, in that case,

+1 also head back to the inn and spend the night, maybe sleep will do some goodtry to fall asleep. I’m 40% sure the unconsiousness we went through wasn’t sleep

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2020, 08:06:40 pm »

Oh, in that case,

+1 also head back to the inn and spend the night, maybe sleep will do some goodtry to fall asleep. I’m 40% sure the unconsiousness we went through wasn’t sleep

Ask to be tucked in first.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 06, 2020, 06:49:55 am »

Oh, in that case,

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 06, 2020, 07:25:21 pm »

Oh, in that case,

+1

He’s quiet for a second.

‘They’ll be fine, this City has much weirder things than You. Your problem is not looking different enough. Y’look like a Godkin, but not... enough. Y’look familiar but just different enough to feel strange. It’s hard to describe.’

He stands up, and goes to leave the room. Before He closes the door, however, he leans back in

‘If You really do have a memory problem, I might as well say that Godkins’re like... Humans, Dwarves, Giants... there’s a few others that don’t live in this City, but the list gets long.’

He disappears behind the closed door. Then He opens it again, darts in, and blows out the candle.

‘I need t’save these things more.’

Whille He takes it from the candleholder, however, You look Him in the eye and gesture for Him to tuck You in under the covers. He returns Your look with an unreadable stare. After what feels like an eternity, His massive hands grab the sheets and bitterly tuck You in, before He leaves without a word. Darkness fills the room as the door shuts behind You, and as the wind howls outside Your window, and the warm bed nestles You snugly, You slowly drift to sleep.

A pool of thick, black liquid letting off a chorus of deafening screams sits far below You. As You stare at it with equal parts rage and melancholy, a storm rises from somewhere unseen, and picks You up. It takes You over the Graves, to a Town built on top of a hill. It looks similar to Lent, similar architecture, similar massive castle built at the top, but this one has had a river diverted between two defensive walls now acting as a moat surrounding almost the entire hill. As the storm tosses You around like a piece of wood in a tidal wave, the black pool appears once again in the sky. Massive lights appear, fire pours down from them, and within seconds, the Town is burning. The fire is so hot it melts masonry, it turns the river to steam, it blackens the surrounding landscape as far as the eye can see. People run, screaming, away from the fires, but every single one is burned to a crisp. A blackened and burned corpse, impaled on two massive black spikes, crawls out from the wreckage, and laughs hysterically even as its flesh rots and burns off its body, and nothing is left but bones as the rotting flaking skin turns into blackened pieces of paper floating away in the breeze.

Your eyes open. Dim light is streaming in through the window, and a breeze is blowing outside. The soft hay of the bed is warm, but the smell of frying potatoes from downstairs is tantilizing to Your sleep-hungered stomach.

I’m writing this while being even more heavily sleep-deprived than usual so I look forward to seeing all the mistakes I made while writing this when I’m coherent tomorrow morning. Not counting the usual ones, of course.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 06, 2020, 07:43:14 pm »

A vision? Of the past? Of the future?

Time to wake up. Time to head down and get some breakfast.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 06, 2020, 08:38:10 pm »

+1 ask someone if there was a fire in Lent in the past, if asked why I wish to know, tell them about my dream

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 07, 2020, 05:34:37 am »

+1 ask someone if there was a fire in Lent in the past, if asked why I wish to know, tell them about my dream
+1

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 08, 2020, 04:43:01 pm »

+1
You strech Your limbs and crawl put from under Your warm, comfy covers. Your bag on Your back ans Your feet on the ground, You make Your way out from Your room and take the stairs down to the common room, brightly lit courtesy of the windows overlooking the street outside and mostly empty of Customers except a Dog-like Person, two Dwarves and a Human chatting about politics, and a Kobold staring mournfully at Her uneaten breakfast. The smell of peat-smoke fills the air, and You take a seat. As Magpie places a plate of scrambled eggs and toast in front of You, You lean over to the chatting Dwarves and the Human and ask them if there’s ever been a big fire in Lent, explaining that You had a dream in which You witnessed a Lent-like Settlement and lots of fire. One of the Dwarves, a Woman with long greying brown hair, is the first to answer.

‘Are You taking the piss? I... have You looked outside? Every Building in this City’s made from solid rock and soil. There’s not enough trees here to make the place flammable.’

The other Dwarf, a Man with short reddish hair and a long braided beard, pipes up.

‘She could be talking about Hithe.’

The Women stops abruptly, and sits back in Her seat. She looks suddenly very unwell. The Human, a clean-shaven Man with short dark hair and prominent unibrow, begins to speak.

‘You’re clearly not from around Here, but Hithe was a City south of the Graves that burned down... half a year ago. The place had been in the middle of an apocalyptic storm, when suddenly, the entire City burned to the ground. Everything was flattened, the river boiled away, barely a dent in the hill was left to show anything had been there. Thing is, Hithe wasn’t a City state, it was part of a tiny Country made up of five Towns that called themselves Cities, and they were getting the storm too. And then, one by one, every single one of them burned too. Thousands of People lived in each City, and afterwards, they counted up 200 or so survivors that made it to the Graves alive. They talked of something huge and dark that covered the sky and blocked the rain, before creating its own rain of fire to purge the lands of life. But the weirdest thing is, there’s no big forests north of Surin, just empty hills. Each of the Cities was made entirely of stone, but the fire was so powerful it destroyed them anyway. People were scared for months afterwards that the same thing’d happen here. Honestly, most of Us still are. Maybe... maybe the Black Cat is trying to talk to You. I-‘

At this point He’s interrupted by the long-beared Dwarf, while the brown-haired Dwarf rests Her head ont he table and occasionally makes odd noises.

‘Keep the fuck away from that. Gods’ll only try and use You, and if You start thinking it’s a good idea, You’re halfway there already.’
‘That’s not what I was saying, let Me fucking finish next time You pillock. Besides, not all the Gods are that bad. They’d maybe treat You better if You didn’t go around throwing curses at the-‘
‘That doesn’t fucking well matter, do You think they really care about any of us? They care about Us about as much as You care about the pieces on a chessboard. If You keep trying t-
‘They care a lot fucking more than You think they do, You-‘

Magpie makes His way over around this point.

‘Mind Your fucking language in my establishment, and stop yelling or I will toss You both out right now.

This seems poised to go on without interruption, if the look on the other two is anytning to go on. The other Dwarf seems to have recovered too, and has the look of someone who disagrees with all parties currently involved and is preparing their own speech. The scrambled eggs, on the other hand, have no involvement with the debate, and are proving quite delicious with the toast.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29