Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 421451 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19: Super Stay Home Edition
« Reply #2925 on: May 05, 2020, 08:54:31 am »

Keep in mind, Bumber, 5 Eyes is an intelligence Agency aligned against China. Them contradicting public statements by US intelligence agencies makes me think they're mainly propogandizing here. If you have secondary sources, that would help.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: May 05, 2020, 09:16:19 am »

France has now confirmed a COVID positive sample dating back to December 27

Meanwhile, Russian doctors complaining about lack of PPE have been falling out of windows at an increased rate as of late
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: May 05, 2020, 09:25:13 am »

France has now confirmed a COVID positive sample dating back to December 27

Meanwhile, Russian doctors complaining about lack of PPE have been falling out of windows at an increased rate as of late

Tbh there have been rumors for a while about there being cases earlier than thought. A doctor in the US tested himself in March and was IgG +, he reported having what he thought was "a nasty flu" back in January. In Italy they're on it, and today the WHO issued an official recommendation to review all suspicious pneumonias from late 2019
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: May 05, 2020, 10:05:45 am »

In Michigan, a store security clerk was murdered by the 23-year old son of a woman whom he had refused entry because she had no facemask, which is mandatory by decree of the governor.

When the security officer told her she was not allowed to enter the Family Dollar store without a facemask, she tantrumed and spit him in the face.
Not much later, her husband and son came in, and according to eyewitnesses, the son shot the security guard in the back of the head.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: May 05, 2020, 10:09:50 am »

#JustBoomerThings
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: May 05, 2020, 10:10:33 am »

Keep in mind, Bumber, 5 Eyes is an intelligence Agency aligned against China. Them contradicting public statements by US intelligence agencies makes me think they're mainly propogandizing here. If you have secondary sources, that would help.
A lot of the content in the dossier is stuff that has been mentioned in news articles over the last few months.

Shouldn't be to hard to find information on how they denounced Li Wenliang and others, or how Chinese citizens had to use emojis and other methods to get around the Chinese censors.

This article by the South China Morning Post mentions how they shut down the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Centre a day after they released the genome sequence. Article on the destruction of samples.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:15:06 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: May 05, 2020, 10:11:24 am »

I actually read a news item yesterday saying that 5 Eyes agencies thought the virus did come from the wet market.  ???
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: May 05, 2020, 12:54:49 pm »

I actually read a news item yesterday saying that 5 Eyes agencies thought the virus did come from the wet market.  ???
Also, even if the Chinese government did cover it up for four months without taking action (which I doubt), they're still reacting better than the US has, dear lord. And yes, Poo, I also heard that. Hence my *intense* confusion. Is the daily telegraph biased, maybe?

Edit: hard to tell bias. I do agree China did/is covering up, for the record. Just not that they made the virus intentionally.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:56:48 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: May 05, 2020, 01:49:38 pm »

Also, even if the Chinese government did cover it up for four months without taking action (which I doubt), they're still reacting better than the US has, dear lord. And yes, Poo, I also heard that. Hence my *intense* confusion. Is the daily telegraph biased, maybe?

Edit: hard to tell bias. I do agree China did/is covering up, for the record. Just not that they made the virus intentionally.

I think they covered up and are still covering up the magnitude of the disaster*. But it´s not like this is the first zoonotic virus, or the first time a virus of this family makes the jump and causes major trouble.

* to boot, I think that a good chunk of Chinese undercounting comes from the bad bookkeeping inherent to major epidemic outbreaks.... I´ve been talking with a friend of mine who works in epidemiology and he said that much was business as usual: as a pandemic grows worse you lose track in the chaos.  But I also suspect that the Chinese goverment probably wilfuly embraced this to make their numbers look better.
Mind you, I think to a lesser extent most Western goverments are doing the same (they all have agendas, they all want to claim they´re doing a better job than the rest). Just look at the excess mortality numbers.

RE: five eyes: here it is

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/04/five-eyes-network-contradicts-theory-covid-19-leaked-from-lab

There is no current evidence to suggest that coronavirus leaked from a Chinese research laboratory, intelligence sources have told the Guardian, contradicting recent White House claims that there is growing proof this is how the pandemic began.

The sources also insisted that a “15-page dossier” highlighted by the Australian Daily Telegraph which accused China of a deadly cover up was not culled from intelligence from the Five Eyes network, an alliance between the UK, US, Australia, New Zealand and Canada

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/five-eyes-intelligence-indicates-novel-coronavirus-likely-did-not-originate-in-chinese-lab-1.4925622

Intelligence shared among Five Eyes nations indicates it is "highly unlikely" that the coronavirus outbreak was spread as a result of an accident in a laboratory but rather originated in a Chinese market, according to two Western officials who cited an intelligence assessment that appears to contradict claims by U.S. President Donald Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

"We think it's highly unlikely it was an accident," a Western diplomatic official with knowledge of the intelligence said. "It is highly likely it was naturally occurring and that the human infection was from natural human and animal interaction." The countries in the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing coalition are coalescing around this assessment, the official said, and a second official, from a Five Eyes country, concurred with it. The U.S. has yet to make a formal assessment public.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 02:19:01 pm by ChairmanPoo »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: May 05, 2020, 06:57:53 pm »

If it's true that China shut down domestic travel from Wuhan while keeping international travel open (e.g., to Italy,) then that's in a different category of negligence compared to the US.

AFAIK, the Daily Telegraph is the only one who has the leaked dossier, and everyone else is drawing their own interpretations from that article. The DT article states that their own government of Australia thinks there's only a 5% chance that it leaked from the lab, but doesn't give any mention of where they got that number from. US says it's more likely from lab than not. Perhaps nobody has any clue whatsoever and they're all just pulling it from their asses based on their opinion towards China.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:09:12 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: May 05, 2020, 07:24:08 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:21:40 am by dragdeler »
let

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: May 05, 2020, 07:34:43 pm »

they're all just pulling it from their asses based on their opinion

This is the overwhelming impression I get, I've lost many social and parasocial relations over people's unability to hide their narrowminded agenda. From "friends" that would risk my family's life out of boredom, negotiating the risk unironically, to entertainers I've allways enjoyed loosing a good 60 IQ points, mostly because of pathological contrarianism...

2 months ago you were mocked for applying basic plague inc player level common sense, a game any 6 year old can beat, nowadays they want to punish you if you don't... I hate this fucking world and I'll repeat what I wrote once, no matter how tragic apparantly this didn't hurt nearly enough to get trough our thick skulls
Nah, mate, I feel ya. World's fucking gone mad, it's impossible to tell fact from fiction. *Hug*

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: May 05, 2020, 07:47:21 pm »

I mean this virus was almost perfect for attacking the modern world in a way it was unable to cope with. We live in an age where we demand instant reaction events as they occur across the globe, Coronavirus says "Please come back in two weeks." We expect data and analysis to drive events and policy, to the extent that we feel almost trapped by the prevalence and reliance on data; meanwhile Coronavirus makes a mockery of our attempts to even track where it is today, much less where it was or will be. It almost perfectly strikes at our reluctance to take things seriously until they are serious, by ensuring that by the time it is serious, it is already much too late to stop it; to do anything more than take extremely unpopular measures to, at best, mitigate it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: May 05, 2020, 07:56:31 pm »

Anyway, DJT says there's no need for the Task Force any more, disbanding it because it's done such a good job, and planning to create a new group to plan the rush to re-open everything again.

Because it has absolutely no overlap in responsibilities and knowledge, no siree...

(If I was a cynic, I'd say it's so he can repack the new body with more compliant individuals than he's discovered are in the old body. And it appears that I am a cynic...)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: May 05, 2020, 09:29:46 pm »

In Michigan, a store security clerk was murdered by the 23-year old son of a woman whom he had refused entry because she had no facemask, which is mandatory by decree of the governor.

When the security officer told her she was not allowed to enter the Family Dollar store without a facemask, she tantrumed and spit him in the face.
Not much later, her husband and son came in, and according to eyewitnesses, the son shot the security guard in the back of the head.
Why do boomers get to call millenials snowflakes?

There are lots of colors and flavors of millenials from what I've seen, but boomers are largely lily white and fragile, emotionally, mentally, and physically.

*sob sob* Oh son, whar's your fatherbrother, them mean clerks wouldn't let me in tha store ta git somemore cigs and lil debbies so I spit on him!
Donchu worry meemaw, imma go get pabro and we gunna show that sumbitch not ta mess with tha mcleary klan*!

*not that klan, the flu klux klan is similar and also seems to hate anybody with a bit of melanin, but a brand new virulent form of hatred and shitbaggery
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 459