Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423724 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mutating into COVID-21 Edition
« Reply #4980 on: January 25, 2021, 12:42:40 pm »

Since the curfew started last saturday 21:00h, the dutch police has fined 5765 people for violating the curfew. That's only about 0.033% of the population, in about 40 hours, could be worse I guess.

EDIT: Meanwhile in France, the French set a dubious world record for Antivaxitis.  According to official polls, 45% of the french population will 'refuse to be vaccinated', or 'probably refuse to be vaccinated'.
Meanwhile, here I am: hyped to become an alligator.

(explanation: Murderer-in-Chief Bozonaro spouted that people who take the vaccine will become alligators. Also how boys will turn into girls and other transphobic nonsense.)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: January 25, 2021, 01:59:55 pm »

Meanwhile, here I am: hyped to become an alligator.

(explanation: Murderer-in-Chief Bozonaro spouted that people who take the vaccine will become alligators. Also how boys will turn into girls and other transphobic nonsense.)

OK, I laughed out loud. Good stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: January 25, 2021, 02:07:25 pm »

HOLD ON EVERYONE!!!!! Wait a moment, Maduro just anounced we discovered the cure to coronavirus, the answer is on some droplets called Carvativir, througly tested for 9 months it was give to people on the brink of the dead and they came back.....

Everyone can stop worrying about the annunaky tracking/poison, or both, probes on the vaccines.

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/2021/01/25/600ee31d46163fd0298b45eb.html

Sorry, that was the only english link I could find.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: January 25, 2021, 02:25:23 pm »

Our city mayor used the words 'civil war'  to describe yesterday's riots. 70 people have been arrested, more are expected when the police have the time to study the camera footage.

Sadly, they will probably all get away with something like 40h community service for punishment.

If it was up to me, I'd be on the phone with Putin now, offering to pay him if we can make use of his punishment camps in Siberia.

The head of the Police Union says that the dutch police have not seen this much violence in over 40 years.  The police expect this isn't over yet. They expect riots to pop up for weeks to come.

EDIT: but there were no guns at least.  People threw stones, knives, golf balls, molotovs, heavy fireworks, bicycles and a piano at the police but they didn't throw guns.

Hold up. A piano?
This is a blank sig.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: January 25, 2021, 02:29:04 pm »

HOLD ON EVERYONE!!!!! Wait a moment, Maduro just anounced we discovered the cure to coronavirus, the answer is on some droplets called Carvativir, througly tested for 9 months it was give to people on the brink of the dead and they came back.....

Everyone can stop worrying about the annunaky tracking/poison, or both, probes on the vaccines.

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/2021/01/25/600ee31d46163fd0298b45eb.html

Sorry, that was the only english link I could find.

put under the tongue every four hours. “It is a totally harmless medicine. It does not have any kind of side effects
🤔 if it has no effects it wont have any side effects.. 🤔
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: January 25, 2021, 02:35:57 pm »

Technically true, however being something from these guys, its probably just dirty water, poison or a mild laxative at best.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: January 25, 2021, 02:40:10 pm »

Why make a sugar pill when diethylene glycol tastes great and is less filling!
(Note - do not consume diethylene glycol or use it to sweeten your Austrian wine, it is deadly)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: January 25, 2021, 02:48:03 pm »

So... how many bottles should I ask for all of you guys. I will ship them your way!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: January 25, 2021, 03:09:03 pm »

HOLD ON EVERYONE!!!!! Wait a moment, Maduro just anounced we discovered the cure to coronavirus, the answer is on some droplets called Hydroxychloroquine
Fixed for you
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: January 25, 2021, 03:34:02 pm »

Our city mayor used the words 'civil war'  to describe yesterday's riots. 70 people have been arrested, more are expected when the police have the time to study the camera footage.

Sadly, they will probably all get away with something like 40h community service for punishment.

If it was up to me, I'd be on the phone with Putin now, offering to pay him if we can make use of his punishment camps in Siberia.

The head of the Police Union says that the dutch police have not seen this much violence in over 40 years.  The police expect this isn't over yet. They expect riots to pop up for weeks to come.

EDIT: but there were no guns at least.  People threw stones, knives, golf balls, molotovs, heavy fireworks, bicycles and a piano at the police but they didn't throw guns.

Hold up. A piano?

Well, yeah. The public use piano that we have in our station hall. Well they didn't throw it at the police, they just trashed it :(

More riots today in at least 5 cities and a couple of villages, and more mayors declaring state of emergency. More water cannons, tear gas, and police batons too.

EDIT: This seems to be (d)evolving into a contest between cities, who can trash and plunder the most.

EDIT: the corona testing locations in my city cancelled their appointments. No testing today, they could not guarantee the safety of patients because of the rioters.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 04:42:34 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: January 25, 2021, 05:03:10 pm »

Rioters are the scum of the earth
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: January 25, 2021, 06:56:28 pm »

Rioters are the scum of the earth
We must violently protest against these riots!

(Plus, in totally-not-Brexit news, AstraZeneca vs Pfizer supply restrictions.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 08:51:09 pm by Starver »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: January 26, 2021, 06:37:40 am »

Sweden has temporarily stopped paying Pfizer for the vaccins.

They demand Pfizer explains themselves. According to Sweden, they had an agreement with Pfizer that they would pay for 5 doses per tube, and they demand to know why Pfizer is charging them for 6 doses per tube.

Meanwhile, dutch police are asking shopkeepers to please ignore privacy laws and keep their security footage for longer than 24h, so the police can use it to track rioters.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:41:02 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4993 on: January 26, 2021, 06:43:45 am »

Sweden has temporarily stopped paying Pfizer for the vaccins.

They demand Pfizer explains themselves. According to Sweden, they had an agreement with Pfizer that they would pay for 5 doses per tube, and they demand to know why Pfizer is charging them for 6 doses per tube.
Do you mean that the other way around? Sweden getting 6 doses per tube instead of 5 seems like a better deal

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: January 26, 2021, 06:53:35 am »

Well that's the thing... The EU and Pfizer had agreed that you can get 5 doses from 1 tube, and so the EU countries will pay 5 doses per tube.  But later it was discovered that you could use a special syringe to get 6 doses from the 5 dose tube.  And now Pfizer is charging 6, breaking earlier agreement.
Sweden says it won't pay another dime until the EU renegotiates with Pfizer.

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 459