Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64348 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #795 on: July 10, 2020, 07:58:39 am »

(( id Post some cities in the middle ocean from north to south, their Territories are vast but quite undefended, AS in having large hunting grounds but only small spaces actually settled. I actually want to Develop a bit of their culture before going to war so No worries there.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #796 on: July 10, 2020, 08:31:40 am »

Kareteon Halloween was a brash warrior at heart, but he at times had a significant bout of scholarly curiosity. While King Dexius was communing with the generals for the next plan of action, Kareteon had some Arghilean court-wizards test the properties of the "purified" crystal deposits- the anomaly eked out from the strange Paladins that worked for the chaos adhering Red Court, or at least what the court scribes had told him so when he arrived with the pressing sitrep concerning the region.

To be truthful, the only reason why he was doing this was because of that mysterious force that spoke out to the entire army after they had finished beating back part of the Red Court. Dexius dismissed it as some sort illusion by the Red Court and the sitting generals of both Steamland and Zalalastan agreed. Kareteon however suspected much more. The portal in the area acquired by the human kingdoms was cordoned off. While it had seemed to have changed entirely from its more dark nebula into one of light, it wasn't trusted at all.

His court-wizards would study the Crystal of Light fields for months, until one particular court-wizard fines something eureka inducing - the crystals, of light and not of chaos, had the exactly same affects of curing the Purple Leaf Disease when tested into contact with a skin sample marred by the disease! Not only that when moved to live subjects, of which a small amount of soldiers in the crusade force was ill with a moderate stage of the Purple Leaf Disease, it had seemed to possessed amplified effectiveness than its chaos derived counterpart - without any of the unwanted side-effects of regular vision dust that gives the receiving hallucinations and a addicted need for it afterward.

When Kareteon brought news of this, the entire crusade force is in an uproar of revelry and merriment. Of the most happy was Dexius Consortia who was relieved that now the Black Qhaganate didn't have to be deal with at all and now he can enact his plans of enterprise independent of the putrid Slugmen. Now all they had to do was hold out until the Crusade "officially ends" and he'll have the greatest influence of choosing the human Warden-Monarch of the lands they have under their control. He doubted Kareteon, as young as he is cares much of politics - which is good for King Consortia. Entire battle plans now outdated are thrown to the campfires and the command of the humans begin restrategizing.

The Great Diplomatic army will have its engineers begin constructing advanced archery emplacements, small fortresses, and the beginnings of a wall. It was started at the south-east part of the Crusader occupied territory to they can't be flanked from the held fort of the Qhaganate. Mages from Zalalastan, as sorcery was the most advanced in Zalalastan out of the human kingdoms, muster out fire runes to supplement the defenses of the engineers are building.

While the Diplomatic army digs in, Arghila and Karhan simply begin acquisitioning more equipment and mobilizing more men from their Kingdoms to the held position. The newly minted Sky-Ship of Steamland greatly ups the supply threshold of what is realistically possible do to its speed compared to land based caravans.

Amidst all this the Vipers will act as an overwatch for both forces. They will preemptively intervene against any force that tries to attack the human armies.

While this being done back in the desert region, a commission of doctors and court-wizards affiliated with the discovery of the cure the Light Crystals possess go to Thairmir in a bid to to completely or if by some, wipe out the Purple Leaf Disease from that realm. It is the most badly effected of the human realms despite the purge inacted by a team of Inquisitors a few years ago throughout the human Kingdoms.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 10, 2020, 08:35:24 am »

((When did the Draconic Enclave in the Bleg's lands show up, and does that mean dragons are living there now?))

Year 312.3: With the appearance of the giant snake wanting to speak to them made some of the Bleg realize that maybe not all of the snakes were monsters, and with that realization the Bleg decided it the snake came again they would be more willing to hear it out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 10, 2020, 08:45:42 am »

((When did the Draconic Enclave in the Bleg's lands show up, and does that mean dragons are living there now?))

((No new Enclaves have been added since the first batch. And yeah, its a small group of dragons led by an Immortal one. Until they're "Activated", Enclaves don't really do anything, they're just... there, and dont really pose a threat, they dont really care much for borders :P

This post has more info

The only "Active" Enclave right now is the one east of the Vasilikos islands))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 10, 2020, 08:52:49 am »

Year 312.4-  Six long years have passed since the land-dwelling population of Kani-collou mysteriously returned to the sea. In the years following the death of their mother, the legendary crab titan of old, the titan spawns have tried to integrate themselves on shore. But they didn’t think like the land creatures or act like them. They were separate and aimless without their mother. They were lost.

Today, a lone Kani-Collou was sighted on the shores of the Moss Trollian Archipelago. On the second largest island, recently colonized by the Moss Trolls in years past, a Kani-collou unusually larger in size and sporting a never before seen dazzling gold and crimson carapace stood on the beachhead, still and alone. When approached by curious Moss Trolls, the lone Kani-collou calmly retreaded back into the water.

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 10, 2020, 08:56:56 am »

((No new Enclaves have been added since the first batch. And yeah, its a small group of dragons led by an Immortal one. Until they're "Activated", Enclaves don't really do anything, they're just... there, and dont really pose a threat, they dont really care much for borders :P

This post has more info

The only "Active" Enclave right now is the one east of the Vasilikos islands))
((Oh I guess I should have paid more attention to the map when that happened as I didn't notice it until now, I might mess with them after the next update.))
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #801 on: July 10, 2020, 10:06:57 am »

After a few years of staying in the Dwarven settlement of Sandpond, Yarlac Drem's necromancy would reach to considerable heights. The Dwarves of Sandpond already knew of his and Mi'akl's magical prowess, but they only knew the nature of Mi'akl's magic of Demon Summoning and Binding. They didn't particular know Yarlac's school of choice; which was entirely good for the necromancy since he didn't want to push his luck any further. Especially with the fact that news of the years long zombie outbreak in Lotham city spread like wildfire. Anyone associated with death magic from now on will be feared. He had that Ludicrous-Sales Halloween had fallen in battle recently, but he is sure that the new King has already been informed on Yarlac Drem's identity and magicks by the previous internal security that outed him. Going back to the human realms is out of the question.. for now.

Mi'akl also during the time of staying in Sandpond had also developed his Daemology to a higher degree, since he could practice openly. Still it wasn't as if he did the summons in the main village, Mi'akl did so in the desert wilderness as to not rouse the hospitable hosts of Sandpond. He gained enough practice that he could summon a Great Vistage of Wrath, a powerful type of demon native to the realm of the Underworld.

The demon was a flyer atop of a circular throne-like bone structure adorned with three-fleshy heads that spit either bouts of magma or acidic glop. Going up from that, the Great Vistage of Wrath was a large skeleton with razor sharp clawed hands on four separate arms. Just like its bottom portion, the demon had three heads itself, making its line of sight extremely considerable.

It was a glorious demon to Mi'akl, but it costs him a considerable portion of mana to summon- so he could practically only summon one at a given time. Which was all that could probably be needed anyway considering the power a single one even has.

The next favorite summon of Mi'akl were the entities called Soul Watchers. They were mid-level in the bureaucracy concerning the affairs of the Underworld, but they were quite powerful in their own right. Each was equipped with a scythe that could not only rend the flesh of its opponent, but cleave a portion of their soul. The Soul Watchers didn't take much mana to summon, so at a given time Mi'akl practiced to summon at least 50 at once.

Great Visage of Wrath

Soul Watcher

Mi'akl also used his mana to develop sand based offensive magic due to the area he found himself in. He could construct long spikes of sand that could be flung, can raise large spheres of sand that could be crashed down into an opponent, and glide on the sands to increase his mobility over any potentially opponent - letting him be able to quickly lay a slash and cut barrage with his dagger.

Yarlac had witnessed Mi'akl's trainings sometimes and he was extremely proud at how far his apprentice has come along. He was the son Yarlac had never bothered of having before. 

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 10, 2020, 10:15:42 am »

Year 312.6
The lunatical dwarf is found pushing a pickaxe through his eye with surprising dedication, whilst chanting about the moon in Dwarvish. He doesn't seem to be quite dead... yet. Roll for how far his pickaxe gets.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 10, 2020, 11:25:23 am »

Year 312.6
The lunatical dwarf is found pushing a pickaxe through his eye with surprising dedication, whilst chanting about the moon in Dwarvish. He doesn't seem to be quite dead... yet. Roll for how far his pickaxe gets.

((??? wtf? why?))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 10, 2020, 11:26:35 am »

Year 312.6

((??? wtf? why?))
((Maybe he thinks the moon wants his soul))

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 10, 2020, 12:14:25 pm »

((??? wtf? why?))
((He's just about stark raving mad. Don't worry, unless the roll goes really high, he probably won't end up dead, just a little more insane.))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 10, 2020, 01:34:19 pm »

(( Bahaha-- I ain't really sure what I was expecting with the Angry Babbler's little vendetta, but that was a thing of beauty. Thanks Strik3r! :)) ))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 01:35:56 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 10, 2020, 02:28:15 pm »

((And Strik3r, you know, you're the GM. At least right now. If for some reason you find that particular turn of mine to be completely anathema, well, you do have the authority to void it.))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 10, 2020, 02:47:42 pm »

((And Strik3r, you know, you're the GM. At least right now. If for some reason you find that particular turn of mine to be completely anathema, well, you do have the authority to void it.))

((i dont really like voiding turns, because i know it sucks to get a turn voided, so i try to avoid it whenever possible.

I was just a bit thrown off by how... small, how... insignificant and trivial, it seems compared to all the other rolls. But technically ANYTHING may be rolled for... How much i can write about the results is another matter entirely.

The subject matter itself is... ehh i do get e bit squeamish when it comes to stuff done to eyes.

But no, im not gonna void your turn :P I just thought you were fucking with me, like my first reaction was "are you serious? you want me to roll for that?", but in hindsight, it doesn't really matter.))

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 10, 2020, 03:25:52 pm »

((i dont really like voiding turns, because i know it sucks to get a turn voided, so i try to avoid it whenever possible.

I was just a bit thrown off by how... small, how... insignificant and trivial, it seems compared to all the other rolls. But technically ANYTHING may be rolled for... How much i can write about the results is another matter entirely.

The subject matter itself is... ehh i do get e bit squeamish when it comes to stuff done to eyes.

But no, im not gonna void your turn :P I just thought you were fucking with me, like my first reaction was "are you serious? you want me to roll for that?", but in hindsight, it doesn't really matter.))
((In case you can't tell already, I'm apt to ask for a roll for most things that could be reasonably randomized...))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 76