Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 125918 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2020, 04:29:32 pm »

So here I am playing a save that I don't care much about because I didn't pick up the puppy pet.  Lousy Inners, demon still wandering around the bottom right part of the screen.

Finally, the fox pet appears.  RIGHT NEXT TO THE DEMON.  Nobody can get to the fox to adopt it.

I'm probably just going to shoot the fox with a bow and delete the save...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2020, 04:33:48 pm »

So here I am playing a save that I don't care much about because I didn't pick up the puppy pet.  Lousy Inners, demon still wandering around the bottom right part of the screen.

Finally, the fox pet appears.  RIGHT NEXT TO THE DEMON.  Nobody can get to the fox to adopt it.

I'm probably just going to shoot the fox with a bow and delete the save...
Well, if you had adopted the dog you could use it as a meat shield so that you could get someone to go over and adopt the fox.  :P
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2020, 04:35:08 pm »

Once you build flooring over something it replaces the element it's placed over,
It does not replace it, it merely makes it less relevant as it adds some extra element of a different type.
If you flooring over water and stick a cultivation room there its gunna have a lot of water no matter what you do. If you stick enough of a different element there the water gets overpowered and seems to go away, but it never really goes away and just gets kinda overshadowed. Despite being overshadowed its always relevant no matter what, so you want to be careful to build your cultivation rooms on the right type of land.

I strongly recommend the more grid info mod because it quantifies this kinda stuff in a way that lets you understand how fung shei works personally.
Yea that's really weird, you shouldn't be getting metal in there at all.
He built it on rocky terrain, which is the only type of land that has metal in it by default. It is thus one of the best places to stick cultivation rooms that want metal, or fire (since it has no nature element, but kinda the worst if you *don't* want metal.
Though element spread you see from the Feng Shui menu ala the Observatory is always a bit wonky. As a heads up, wherever you mouse takes into account everything 3 tiles (including the tile it's on) in it's radius. So it could be grabbing some element outside of the wall. It's why the optimal design for cultivation rooms is a diamond of 3 tiles with appropriate Qi gathering materials, and then a diamond outside that one (aka 4 tiles) of spirit wood, since it no longer affects the middle tile where the cultivator is at.
*Waggles hand*
Not quite actually. Despite nearly every guide saying that fung shei has a range of 3 it actually doesn't and they are all wrong.
What it does have is a range that is dependent on the item in question, with a general (but not absolute) rule of higher tier=longer fung shei range.

Some stuff has no fung shei at all (eg. iron ingots (but not iron walls or floors)) others have a fung shei range of 1 (floors of any kind), others have 2 (walls of any kind, igneocopper/ice crystal ingots, stone/jade essense), or 3 (spiritwood, pretty much everything with 4 qi gather range regardless of tier), or 4 (Ice/fire essence ingots, darksteel ingots) or even 5 (spirit seeds like crimson fruit, or the giant ginko trees, which is why you never want to use them for non-fire cultivation). Some decorations are even variable such as flags, which have a range that depends on the material they are made out of.
You can tell the size of their aura a little if you mouse over them cause they have a glow that's stronger the larger the aura (or you can just use the observatory), but in general you really want more grid info to figure this kind of stuff out.
So I have a relic with the requirement of Narrow Storage.  WTF is Narrow Storage?!
Narrow is a room size which is smaller then normal. When you select a room it tells you the room size. Storage is a room with presumably a stockpile in it but without anything else that would define a room otherwise (eg. no production facilities).
On the other end, perfectionist guy on other forum (i like him for useful and comprehensive guides) apparently spent all not sleeping or eating time since english release learning every single little thing in first half of the game, rolling the game to summer and then starting over (and over and over) because something went slightly wrong. For the last game he cycled trough more than 10 maps to find just perfect one. And got smote on day 12 by +300 rep from blessed sect status. *censored!* (c)
Yeah, the game is a huge pain in the butt. Either you do things horribly sub-optimal cause the game never even implies what you really need to do and doesn't give you the tools to find out, or you read a guide which explains it but rips away all the mystery of the game and just tells you exactly what to do.  :(

Goddamn, and I thought I knew a lot about the game. I bow to your wisdom sir. Some of this I didn't even think about cause well, I just never saw it. Like different items having different ranges. I do have More Grid Info but I mainly just focus on destroying other sects and building my god one, so generally I just go with diamond design cultivator rooms or Kunlun Altars of Magic and go on my way. Thanks for teaching me a thing or 2!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 04:37:35 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 12, 2020, 11:49:43 pm »

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 12, 2020, 11:53:59 pm »

Lol, feces are always a hilarious artifact to see. Especially since once your character gets hit by it they have Body Odor for a few hours xD. Makes me want to try a "shitty" sect where everyone uses feces and dragon feces for artifacts, and I make my worst cultivator take a laxative then turn that feces sentient and then into a human and make them a god xD
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2020, 12:24:58 am »

And even more so others just make it their end game to make the strongest cultivator with the strongest artifact (since artifacts get stronger if, before you turn them into an artifact, the more Qi you store into it the stronger it is).
Alright, didn't know that, guess I'll craft some weapons and let them sit around awhile.

(Collecting cultivator enemies that lose their spine.  They do not require food or water and they can't move.  Bonus points if they are conscious. 
Now, just like us, they are a part of this place.)

I am fairly dumb, how do you unlock the dimensional storage stuff again?  I thought it was opening the box at the Taiyi place, but I already did that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2020, 12:41:38 am »

You get a orb from the Taiyin box that you need a GC cultivator to unlock.
(Collecting cultivator enemies that lose their spine.  They do not require food or water and they can't move.  Bonus points if they are conscious. 
Sadly this doesn't work for demon beasts, as they are mean and just starve to death if unable to move.
Although amusing fact, they can evolve even while they have the dying status, which is how I killed my first "Primordial Spirit" beast.

But yeah, in my first sect I had a youguai enemy I realized was conscious after he'd been lying on the floor for like 3 months with no spine. Sadly he had a tribulation so I couldn't keep him.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 12:58:24 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2020, 12:43:43 am »

...Wait, er, uhm, ah, uh, what?

You basically attacked them, left them prone, didn't check up on them, and then you finally did... they were just stuck there, disabled, unable to move, and effectively undying of natural causes?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2020, 01:03:00 am »

You basically attacked them, left them prone, didn't check up on them, and then you finally did... they were just stuck there, disabled, unable to move, and effectively undying of natural causes?
They attacked me first.  Important distinction.  But yes.  Not considered a corpse or unconscious, so doggo never took em to the sect gate room.
EDIT: I decided to leave them in my recreational room.

That is the thing, I already opened the orb with a GC and it has been a few hours of gameplay since.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 01:21:30 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2020, 01:23:22 am »

They attacked me first.  Important distinction.  But yes.  Not considered a corpse or unconscious, so doggo never took em to the sect gate room.
EDIT: I decided to leave them in my recreational room.

That is the thing, I already opened the orb with a GC and it has been a few hours of gameplay since.

Did you read the scroll it dropped? That's what gives it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2020, 01:46:38 am »

Once you do it'll give you a new building to construct... takes some fairly fancy resources, too, iirc.

Anyway, might need to check through your available building tabs for something that wasn't there before, remember it being fairly quiet about it, took me a bit to figure out where the thing was even aware the orb et al was going to provide it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2020, 06:25:09 am »

Y'know, I gotta say, the weird comment-sharing-mini-social-media thing the game has for every item/panel/concept is actually a really cool and helpful idea. Sure, not everything has a super helpful array of comments attached to it, but there's been a lot of times the comments on some specific thing really helped or juts offered nice tips relevant to the topic at hand.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2020, 09:01:49 am »

Can't recall so figured I'd ask here. For making my community/story fort type of thing for this game would I put it here in the Other Games section or in the Forum Games section?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2020, 10:14:30 am »

That would be "play with your buddies"

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2020, 10:48:58 am »

That would be "play with your buddies"

Edit: If you saw what I said previously, ignore it, I thought you said "Let's Plays" (which doesn't actually exist) not "Play with your buddies", that's my bad.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 11:09:13 am by Unknown72 »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43