Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 125904 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #300 on: January 12, 2021, 08:18:20 pm »

Ah that makes sense.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 12, 2021, 09:19:05 pm »

Ah that makes sense.
This is the resource I've been using to keep track of breakthrough seasons, having an exact timetable for when you need your breakthrough ready by makes it much easier to plan and much easier to avoid accidentally missing it by a few days and then having your breakthrough ruined.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2021, 12:15:14 am »

Anyone know how to stop multiple piles of 1 item appearing in your stockpiles? They take up quite a bit of space. I don't get why your guys don't just stack them.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2021, 02:59:11 am »

Anyone know how to stop multiple piles of 1 item appearing in your stockpiles? They take up quite a bit of space. I don't get why your guys don't just stack them.
Probably happens when multiple people are moving the same exact item.  (And some items are naturally not stackable.)
You could consolidate by either...
1.Making the offending item in question ineligible for the storehouse, waiting a few seconds then changing it back
2.Deleting most of the storehouse and rebuilding the storehouse back to full afterwards.
2a.  Make sure to leave some of the storehouse alone, so you don't have to set everything up again.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2021, 04:11:04 am »

I've resorted to sending them to the trading area, then telling the person who picked them up to drop them, then cancel the sending. It mostly works.

Now I'm wondering how everyone deals with training for your generic cultivator. Balanced seems to let them drop down into breaking mood, which seems very very bad. Practice does the same. Mood has them enjoying life and says that it's until they reach pristine, but they never seem to go back to actual training. And having high mood seems the most efficient, so I just keep going back and forth between balanced and mood, and frankly, it's going to be unbearable once I get like, 20 more people doing this, especially since there is no warning when they are maxed out on mood.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2021, 04:39:21 am »

The reason for this is twofold. The first is that the game tries to keep items with very different amounts of qi separate (which is cool, except the qi amount of an item is 100% useless and doesn't matter at all), the end result of which is that when you make new stuff they just get their own stack for no real reason and then later on new new stuff gets yet another stack. This can mostly be fixed by hitting the "sort" button when you have a stockpile selected.
The second is that sometimes items secretly turn into spirit relics and just gain a 1 size stack of their own and then never stack back together with other items of their type. The solution to this is to make a separate spirit relic storage (tick everything, set the priority to max, and then tick the "relics only" option on the very bottom).
I've resorted to sending them to the trading area, then telling the person who picked them up to drop them, then cancel the sending. It mostly works.

Now I'm wondering how everyone deals with training for your generic cultivator. Balanced seems to let them drop down into breaking mood, which seems very very bad. Practice does the same. Mood has them enjoying life and says that it's until they reach pristine, but they never seem to go back to actual training. And having high mood seems the most efficient, so I just keep going back and forth between balanced and mood, and frankly, it's going to be unbearable once I get like, 20 more people doing this, especially since there is no warning when they are maxed out on mood.
Use the elysium mod, which manages their mood so that they don't have a breakdown every wekk. Playing without it makes the game tedious in the extreme.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2021, 10:10:26 am »

Recently got my first Gold Core attack, and it was 3 at once. Half of my inners were out adventuring, and all of those at home were critically low on qi.
I managed to avoid any permanent losses, but it was close. Doggo fell in battle for the first time, and one of my inners got badly bloodied, but not maimed.
Fortunately I had just unloaded my stockpile of fabric on a passing trader a few weeks earlier, so I had plenty of spirit stones. It took a few days to craft them into blocks, but I got the Doggo statue built and he's now resurrecting. But I really need to figure out a way to power up for future encounters.
I just recruited a magic crafter, but fear it may be awhile before she's able to break through and start making me decent artifacts. I may have to get spellcasting figured out and hope that's potent enough to keep me alive, and possibly look into formations as well.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2021, 05:02:23 am »

So I stumbled upon an issue which I'm not sure is a bug or not. I've customized my starting location to be a large battlefield with the illutree (or something) as a special and the mythical being which causes sunny day.

Twice now, my sect didn't unlock anything extra after promoting someone to an inner disciple. I have two inner disciples on my latest run, but I haven't unlocked anything from the Sect tab yet except for "Training Spot". Does anyone know if this is a bug? I thought you'd unlock extra buildings once you've promoted your first disciple

Edit: Ah, I have to create a Sect before the buildings get unlocked. I forgot about that part.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 04:37:20 pm by Shadowgandor »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2021, 02:21:03 pm »

I installed some mods but none of them seem to be working.... Do I have to start a new game to use them? Might not be a bad idea as I don't think I was efficient at all with my first sect, but wow is that a lot of time thrown away.

Also, if I end up with a good cultivation spot like a giant ginko tree (you aren't guaranteed to have one, right?), is it a good idea to only train people with fire elemental arts? Or is mixing it up good? I get the feeling that having a wood master teaching a fire disciple is a good idea.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2021, 03:47:48 pm »

I installed some mods but none of them seem to be working.... Do I have to start a new game to use them? Might not be a bad idea as I don't think I was efficient at all with my first sect, but wow is that a lot of time thrown away.

Also, if I end up with a good cultivation spot like a giant ginko tree (you aren't guaranteed to have one, right?), is it a good idea to only train people with fire elemental arts? Or is mixing it up good? I get the feeling that having a wood master teaching a fire disciple is a good idea.

You have to install and activate them. Generally speaking, you can activate mods in the middle of a game, but deactivating can be messy if they're anything other than UI. (And, for obvious reasons, they have to be mods that would affect a game in progress, not mapgen mods or something.)

The giant gingko trees aren't guaranteed, though the default map has a pretty good chance of getting one (I've heard people getting five on unmodded maps). If I recall correctly, barring some very costly and finicky endgame setups, it's one of the best 'objects' for a fire cultivation room as it exudes a monstrous amount of wood energy. For the same reason, don't stick your water practitioners near it.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2021, 04:12:22 pm »

Ah, it seems the Elysium mod had a special hotkey needed to access it, and the other mod I installed (show law requirements on character sheet) doesn't work because it's outdated or something.

EDIT: Anyone know if there is a way to speed up inner cauldron Qi collecting? Something feels off when I can reach golden core stage while only having 20/2000 inner cauldron stats. Like it's going to take 500 times the time to get that cauldron Qi as it does to get all the way from foundation to that golden core breakthrough. Even with super high cultivation conditions, it's like I'm only getting 1-2 inner cauldron Qi a day.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 06:08:22 pm by Micro102 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2021, 08:14:07 pm »

I'll just reiterate what this guide says about inner cauldron: DON'T worry about it until late game.

It is the leftover cultivation juice from when you cultivate and you are at breakthrough, so you need a massive cultivation speed boost in order to really get anything out it.  And a Heavenly Cultivator with working Heavenly Realm in order to fix the status affliction that your cultivators will be getting because they're spending days and weeks at breakthrough without breaking through.  With all that, your 20 inner cauldron is actually quite good, my Golden Cores have more like 15.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2021, 08:44:59 pm »

You want your dudes mentors to have the same law (+++++)/element (++++?) as them since it gives them a bigger boost.
Also the tree has an element range of 5 (as well as qi range) so you never want to use it for anything other than fire cultivators as the element penalty outweighs the qi boost.

For everything else you ideally stick it on spirit soil since it has a secret 40 qi gather boost.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2021, 08:53:33 pm »

I still dont get this: according to the beginners guide I need a character with a minimum of 5 but all I roll is pure shit. Am I missing something?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2021, 09:03:35 pm »

I still dont get this: according to the beginners guide I need a character with a minimum of 5 but all I roll is pure shit. Am I missing something?
You mean a minimum of 5 luck? Yeah, the majority of dudes have shit luck. If you really want high luck you just have to reroll for it a lot, especially if you want the other stuff to be good as well.

Note however that your dude can get along with low luck 100% fine, although having high luck does make a huge difference in adventure loot.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43