Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 119157 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #2145 on: February 10, 2023, 12:26:17 am »

I wonder what the current estimates are for Russia's remaining functional tanks.  The estimates I've seen put them at having lost about 3,260 tanks so far, which is mind boggling.  But those same estimates claim Russia only had about 3,300 to start with, so something clearly isn't adding up.  I'm guessing they just have a lot more in some functional shape than that.

At the start of the war, Russia did have around 3K in active service but also additional 10K+ tanks in reserve and this not counting old stuff like T-64 or T-62 which found their way to the frontline.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: February 10, 2023, 04:10:24 am »

At the rate Russian tanks get destroyed it seems like they'd be better off dropping them out of plane onto Ukraine.

Hey where's Red Diamond at I need more conspiracy goodness!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: February 10, 2023, 04:41:42 am »

Western Satanists. I'm dead.

I changed my mind, don't ban this guy Toady, he can be our court jester.
Probably best to just ban him in his own best interest.
Please don't laugh at the guy. Pointing and laughing at psychiatric patients is very unkind, even if their delusions are offensive.
Somehow missed this.

He's not mentally ill, he's just a zombie or a troll.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: February 10, 2023, 05:56:13 am »

At the rate Russian tanks get destroyed it seems like they'd be better off dropping them out of plane onto Ukraine.
There's always https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_tank

(I also once thoroughly researched and mocked up the (rather fanciful) specs for a V-Weapon that was a full intercontinental manned tank delivery system for landing shock-troops (as elements of an armoured brigade) in Washington DC. "Panzerwerfer des Weltraumtigers", or something. For very, very late WW2, say 1948 or thereabouts, after Me 264s and/or 462s had been tried for a while.)

Red Diamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: February 10, 2023, 06:27:01 am »

Depends on strategic considerations. If your objective is to take and hold ground, then retreating is defeat. But if the goal is simply to inflict pain on the enemy, then performing a successful raid and then scattering before you're overwhelmed counts as a victory.

An argument has its own strategic dimension. If your goal is simply to dominate the opponent and get the last word for your own satisfaction, then persistence will reward you. But if you want to accomplish anything deeper than that you'll have to think differently. If someone's shown themselves to be saying nonsense, it doesn't really matter how much nonsense they say because the audience will soon stop listening to them. In that way, a few words can defeat many.

The goal here is just to inform the Ukrainiaks regarding the ignorance of the situation in Ukraine there position is based in.  99% of the time a Ukrainian supporters position is usually based some combination of a conspiracy theory (conspiracy theories involving Russia are totally fine in Western Media) involving Russian agents/secret armies and Hollywood style dualistic narratives involving a valiant, heroic Ukraine and a wicked, evil Russia. 

Your aim as a Pro-Russian is simply to point out the actual historical facts of the situation and once you have done this, your Ukrainiak will gradually deflate a bit like how a balloon pops when you prick it with a pin.  Ukraine's false halo depends upon ignorance in order to exist and for this reason most Ukrainiaks are enthusiastic bullies and censors.  An advantage of the deflation process is they become less censorious the less fanatical they are owing to knowing facts which contradict the core fantasy.

Just because you continue posting asinine BS doesn’t mean you’re winning.

*reads more*

A-a-are you the Chosen One? The idiot troll who brings us conspiracies so ridiculous they entertain rather than frustrate?

Tell me more if the Western Satanists. Are they paedophiles? Where does their Authority stem from if they hate it so? What of these Rebels they support? What if the Rebels rebel against their Authority (which of course doesn’t exist because authority is bad)?

That wasn't a serious point but a passing observation regarding belief structure Hector 13.  There are no real devils involved in this, unless you want to believe that there are.  In any case, in case you didn't already know, Satan is a symbol to Satanists, not something they literally believe in.  A symbol of what however?  Is it a symbol of rebellion against God?  But they don't believe in no gods neither.  What then is the Satan symbol they identify with a symbol of? 

The symbol of Satan is an archetypal figure of the rebel against authority.  Western culture is presently overrun with archetypal rebel figures and these figures are glorified, as are their rebellions, while the downsides of rebellion as were very much in evident in 2014 Ukraine are.  So we can quite confidently say that modern Western culture is Western Satanic, totally overrun with biased cultural works that glorify rebellion and demonise authority; Star Wars can be seen as a work of Western Satanism (excepting the Prequels, which is why they are hated :) ). 

The Western Satanism is a name given by myself (and Putin) to the cultural glorification of rebellion which leads to ridiculous statements like the one you were making, where you literally argued that the Ukrainian constitution allowed a rebellion to overthrow their elected president.  Any normal person, not highly enamoured of Western Satanism will logically conclude that anyone who rebels against a democratically elected leader serving his elected term is not representing the People.

Not however the Western Satanist.  The Western Satanism supports Democracy because it undermines the authority of rulers, not because he believes the people should rule directly or through their representatives.  So when somebody rebels against democracy itself, the Western Satanist is always on board because the People to them is a symbol for Satan/Archetypal Rebel, which does not fit with the meek image of the voter filing papers in the ballot booth. 

The end result is nonsense like when Hillary Clinton went on about how they needed to interve in Libya because Gaddhaffi was going to massacre his people in Benghazi (he was winning).  Someone who isn't a Western Satanist pretending to be a Democrat would not identify rebels against a Libyan regime as the People of Libya and imagine a ruler crushing a rebellion as somehow the annihilation of the People itself. 

Actually the whole thing reminds me of folks wearing Che Guevara/Anarchy symbols teashirts even though they ain't actually Communists/Anarchists. 

Hey Red Diamond can I have some of what you're smoking because it sounds like some good shit.

Also the whole "Western Satanist" thing is interesting and he should tell us more about it.

It isn't really about Satan, unless Christianity is true in which case it very much is.   :)

There is a game that depicts Western Satanism's strategic operation pretty much spot on and this game is actually Liberal Crime Squad, because there the LCV do not actually ever overthrow or get elected the US government however well they do.  Western Satanism (ideally) does not have to rule and create a Western Satanist regime, but instead to preside over a state of fear and intimidation directed against a powerless authority.  Said authority will both give the Western Satanists whatever they happen to want but also allow them to freely do whatever they wish to whomsoever they wish. 

Euromaiden is like that.  The reason to overthrow Yanukavich is not because they could not win the next election, indeed they even forced him to back down from his chosen course without removing him from office.  The reason is solely because of fear that overthrowing a leader will create in subsequent leaders, even if said leaders actually supported the rebellion against the previous leaders.  Thanks to overthrowing Yanukavich, all subsequent leaders of Ukraine fear to ever defy the Western Satanists ever again.  Removing a leader peacefully and legally does not create any terror, so it is useless to them.

This explains the mystery of why, despite the obvious threat of utter ruin that a war with Russia represents, the Ukrainians made no concessions to Russia to avoid war.  The leaders of Ukraine fear the Euromaiden/Western Satanist faction more than they fear the Russians.  If said faction demands no concessions, then no concessions will be made because whoever makes them will be brutally removed from power. 

To return to the "Real Satan" aspect everyone is so interested in, the literal teachings of Christianity are that *all* rulers rule by divine sanction.  This makes Christianity an inplacable foe of Western Satanism, since there is no room there for any kind of glorification of rebellion but rather it is clearly demonized.  Destroying Christianity altogether or keeping their followers in the dark regarding the actual teachings of the religion against rebellion is fundermental to their strength.  For obvious reasons a population propogandized by Star Wars style cultural narratives is far better for them than one propogandized by a religion authority cult, since the former is initially biased towards the rebellion while the latter is biased against the rebellion. 

The easier it is to create a rebellion, the more frightened the rulers are and the more frightened they are, the more power the Western Satanists have.

It is your position that spreads conspiracy theories about secret Russian invasions.  No conspiracy theories over here at all, though maybe I should find some just to entertain as part of my new position as Court Jester.

The Church have been used for a long time. Early on --when Ukraine was still subordinate of Russian Orthodox Church-- it was used to promote the Russian narrative and the necessity of Ukraine's geopolitical alignment with Moscow.

More recently, it been used to provide a better unifying narrative to fight for than tzar Putin's imperialism, in similar fashion to the 'Russian mir' it frames it as war of values/cultures playing on the pervading attitudes regarding pluralism and the decline of conservative values. On several occasions Putin began his addresses to the nations with jibes about ~ westren rich gay people from villas telling them what todo. This framing as fight for conservatism (and coastal elites) is something that many in USA right took too, just as the framing as anti USA hegemony is something that many in China took to.

Meanwhile this is just the "good ol' " war. Whether you like or not, black and white narratives and dehumanization helps to break down moral inhibitions and morally disengage from the horrors of war, and Soldiers who have come under fire often find God.

I feel that is how the whole fantasy about secret Russian armies invading Ukraine back in 2014 came about.  The Ukrainian government's commanders would tell their soldiers they were fighting secret Russians in order to hide from them the fact they were really fighting their own people. 

In Crimea which the Russians *actually* annexed and *actually* deployed Russian troops with full colours, the Ukrainian forces backed down entirely.  I feel any secret Russian troops must have made a mistake by removing their insignias.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: February 10, 2023, 06:43:55 am »

I wonder what the current estimates are for Russia's remaining functional tanks.  The estimates I've seen put them at having lost about 3,260 tanks so far, which is mind boggling.  But those same estimates claim Russia only had about 3,300 to start with, so something clearly isn't adding up.  I'm guessing they just have a lot more in some functional shape than that.

Why thou, will your opinion change if you knew for a fact that only have 100 or 3000 tanks left?

Otherwise, I don't track the daily changes either, they can be interesting but overall unimportant in the grand scheme (We had many month in which Russia seem to be pushing forward with full speed ahead but it turned out strategically they have been in neutral all along) As for predicting the future, I have been wrong on many occasions, some of the biggest initial perceptions I glad to get rid off is that Russia can't lose and that this will be a short war.

The goal here is just to inform [..] regarding the ignorance of the situation in Ukraine there position is based in. 99% of the time a [..] position is usually based some combination of a conspiracy theory [..]  An advantage of the deflation process is they become less censorious the less fanatical they are owing to knowing facts which contradict the core fantasy.
This post describes you perfectly, who has shown to be willfully ignorant of the situation and leans into fancy slogans, and contrary to your idea no amount of contradicting evidence seem to deflate your fantasy.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: February 10, 2023, 06:56:44 am »

Depends on strategic considerations. If your objective is to take and hold ground, then retreating is defeat. But if the goal is simply to inflict pain on the enemy, then performing a successful raid and then scattering before you're overwhelmed counts as a victory.

An argument has its own strategic dimension. If your goal is simply to dominate the opponent and get the last word for your own satisfaction, then persistence will reward you. But if you want to accomplish anything deeper than that you'll have to think differently. If someone's shown themselves to be saying nonsense, it doesn't really matter how much nonsense they say because the audience will soon stop listening to them. In that way, a few words can defeat many.

The goal here is just to inform the Ukrainiaks regarding the ignorance of the situation in Ukraine there position is based in.  99% of the time a Ukrainian supporters position is usually based some combination of a conspiracy theory (conspiracy theories involving Russia are totally fine in Western Media) involving Russian agents/secret armies and Hollywood style dualistic narratives involving a valiant, heroic Ukraine and a wicked, evil Russia. 

Your aim as a Pro-Russian is simply to point out the actual historical facts of the situation and once you have done this, your Ukrainiak will gradually deflate a bit like how a balloon pops when you prick it with a pin.  Ukraine's false halo depends upon ignorance in order to exist and for this reason most Ukrainiaks are enthusiastic bullies and censors.  An advantage of the deflation process is they become less censorious the less fanatical they are owing to knowing facts which contradict the core fantasy.

Just because you continue posting asinine BS doesn’t mean you’re winning.

*reads more*

A-a-are you the Chosen One? The idiot troll who brings us conspiracies so ridiculous they entertain rather than frustrate?

Tell me more if the Western Satanists. Are they paedophiles? Where does their Authority stem from if they hate it so? What of these Rebels they support? What if the Rebels rebel against their Authority (which of course doesn’t exist because authority is bad)?

That wasn't a serious point but a passing observation regarding belief structure Hector 13.  There are no real devils involved in this, unless you want to believe that there are.  In any case, in case you didn't already know, Satan is a symbol to Satanists, not something they literally believe in.  A symbol of what however?  Is it a symbol of rebellion against God?  But they don't believe in no gods neither.  What then is the Satan symbol they identify with a symbol of? 

The symbol of Satan is an archetypal figure of the rebel against authority.  Western culture is presently overrun with archetypal rebel figures and these figures are glorified, as are their rebellions, while the downsides of rebellion as were very much in evident in 2014 Ukraine are.  So we can quite confidently say that modern Western culture is Western Satanic, totally overrun with biased cultural works that glorify rebellion and demonise authority; Star Wars can be seen as a work of Western Satanism (excepting the Prequels, which is why they are hated :) ). 

The Western Satanism is a name given by myself (and Putin) to the cultural glorification of rebellion which leads to ridiculous statements like the one you were making, where you literally argued that the Ukrainian constitution allowed a rebellion to overthrow their elected president.  Any normal person, not highly enamoured of Western Satanism will logically conclude that anyone who rebels against a democratically elected leader serving his elected term is not representing the People.

Not however the Western Satanist.  The Western Satanism supports Democracy because it undermines the authority of rulers, not because he believes the people should rule directly or through their representatives.  So when somebody rebels against democracy itself, the Western Satanist is always on board because the People to them is a symbol for Satan/Archetypal Rebel, which does not fit with the meek image of the voter filing papers in the ballot booth. 

The end result is nonsense like when Hillary Clinton went on about how they needed to interve in Libya because Gaddhaffi was going to massacre his people in Benghazi (he was winning).  Someone who isn't a Western Satanist pretending to be a Democrat would not identify rebels against a Libyan regime as the People of Libya and imagine a ruler crushing a rebellion as somehow the annihilation of the People itself. 

Actually the whole thing reminds me of folks wearing Che Guevara/Anarchy symbols teashirts even though they ain't actually Communists/Anarchists. 

Hey Red Diamond can I have some of what you're smoking because it sounds like some good shit.

Also the whole "Western Satanist" thing is interesting and he should tell us more about it.

It isn't really about Satan, unless Christianity is true in which case it very much is.   :)

There is a game that depicts Western Satanism's strategic operation pretty much spot on and this game is actually Liberal Crime Squad, because there the LCV do not actually ever overthrow or get elected the US government however well they do.  Western Satanism (ideally) does not have to rule and create a Western Satanist regime, but instead to preside over a state of fear and intimidation directed against a powerless authority.  Said authority will both give the Western Satanists whatever they happen to want but also allow them to freely do whatever they wish to whomsoever they wish. 

Euromaiden is like that.  The reason to overthrow Yanukavich is not because they could not win the next election, indeed they even forced him to back down from his chosen course without removing him from office.  The reason is solely because of fear that overthrowing a leader will create in subsequent leaders, even if said leaders actually supported the rebellion against the previous leaders.  Thanks to overthrowing Yanukavich, all subsequent leaders of Ukraine fear to ever defy the Western Satanists ever again.  Removing a leader peacefully and legally does not create any terror, so it is useless to them.

This explains the mystery of why, despite the obvious threat of utter ruin that a war with Russia represents, the Ukrainians made no concessions to Russia to avoid war.  The leaders of Ukraine fear the Euromaiden/Western Satanist faction more than they fear the Russians.  If said faction demands no concessions, then no concessions will be made because whoever makes them will be brutally removed from power. 

To return to the "Real Satan" aspect everyone is so interested in, the literal teachings of Christianity are that *all* rulers rule by divine sanction.  This makes Christianity an inplacable foe of Western Satanism, since there is no room there for any kind of glorification of rebellion but rather it is clearly demonized.  Destroying Christianity altogether or keeping their followers in the dark regarding the actual teachings of the religion against rebellion is fundermental to their strength.  For obvious reasons a population propogandized by Star Wars style cultural narratives is far better for them than one propogandized by a religion authority cult, since the former is initially biased towards the rebellion while the latter is biased against the rebellion. 

The easier it is to create a rebellion, the more frightened the rulers are and the more frightened they are, the more power the Western Satanists have.

It is your position that spreads conspiracy theories about secret Russian invasions.  No conspiracy theories over here at all, though maybe I should find some just to entertain as part of my new position as Court Jester.

The Church have been used for a long time. Early on --when Ukraine was still subordinate of Russian Orthodox Church-- it was used to promote the Russian narrative and the necessity of Ukraine's geopolitical alignment with Moscow.

More recently, it been used to provide a better unifying narrative to fight for than tzar Putin's imperialism, in similar fashion to the 'Russian mir' it frames it as war of values/cultures playing on the pervading attitudes regarding pluralism and the decline of conservative values. On several occasions Putin began his addresses to the nations with jibes about ~ westren rich gay people from villas telling them what todo. This framing as fight for conservatism (and coastal elites) is something that many in USA right took too, just as the framing as anti USA hegemony is something that many in China took to.

Meanwhile this is just the "good ol' " war. Whether you like or not, black and white narratives and dehumanization helps to break down moral inhibitions and morally disengage from the horrors of war, and Soldiers who have come under fire often find God.

I feel that is how the whole fantasy about secret Russian armies invading Ukraine back in 2014 came about.  The Ukrainian government's commanders would tell their soldiers they were fighting secret Russians in order to hide from them the fact they were really fighting their own people. 

In Crimea which the Russians *actually* annexed and *actually* deployed Russian troops with full colours, the Ukrainian forces backed down entirely.  I feel any secret Russian troops must have made a mistake by removing their insignias.

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: February 10, 2023, 06:57:49 am »

I come back to this thread to see this moron. lmfao. Speaking as a Russian, shove your apologism and war crime denial directly where the sun doesn't shine.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: February 10, 2023, 07:44:55 am »

Heh, I reached the state when I just scroll through RD's posts without reading it. He seems to produce longer and longer novels

Another massive missile strike today, another one of very limited effectiveness. I don't know who is the genius (probably Putin himself) who insists on more strikes energy infrastructure instead of using those deadly weapons to support the offensive directly at and near the frontline, but I salute this decision.

77 missiles striking targets around Bakhmut could seriously mess with defensive efforts and it is significantly harder to shoot down cruise missiles near the frontline
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: February 10, 2023, 08:05:53 am »

Good lord don't quote his entire post they're ridiculously long.

Just let the troll wither away
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: February 10, 2023, 08:18:03 am »

Striking militarily useful targets at the frontline is significantly harder. Spraying those missiles at troop concentrations could very easily have zero effect. They're striking what they can hit, not what they want to hit.

Most of the missiles Russia is using run on pure internal guidance. What this means is that there is a computer in the missile that knows where it was launched from (derived from the launch aircraft, that may be using GPS or a similar system), knows the fixed point it wants to go to, and keeps a log of current location as it goes. These can be very accurate, using sensors to track winds and such that might affect the flight, but a certain amount of error is inevitable. For big immobile targets, this isn't a huge drawback, but tactical strikes generally need very high precision - even an immobile bunker is a very small, very hard target.

Some of the missiles Russia is using have terminal radar homing - it turns on a radar when it nears the programmed target, picks a return based on preprogrammed criteria, and goes straight for it. This is absolutely incredible for attacking ships, and gives a nice final "oh, here it is" when attacking buildings in clear terrain. Against tactical ground targets however, it is a lot more limited - most are small enough radar targets that it is really hard to pick them out from things like rocks and trees.

To hit tactical targets, you need something specialized for the role. Laser guidance, where you "paint" the target with a laser beam that the missile homes in on, is popular - the American HELLFIRE missile uses this system. Optical guidance in various forms is also popular - the TOW missile goes wherever the operator points his camera, while the Maverick (or, more relevant to this conflict, the Javelin) have a picture that their operator tells them to destroy and they go straight for it.

Russia has such systems, but they have the great flaw of being local systems - you have to be in visual range of the target, not yeeting them from half a country away. To use that kind of long range missile tactically, you need it to have some way to see visual or infrared signatures, then decide for itself which of those to attack - Russia doesn't have such a system. Neither do most countries - the British Brimstone system has a very rudimentary attempt at such a system, and I'm not aware of any others.

Ukraine's been "cheating" with a mixture of GPS-guided weapons and direct observation. A GPS guided weapon differs from an internal navigation because it is constantly asking the satellites "WHERE AM I", and the satellites are giving an extremely precise answer. Thus, where a INS system has a pretty good idea of where it is, when using GPS the missile knows where it is at all times. This eliminates all accumulated error from the flight path. If you also obtain the exact location of the target via direct observation (and more GPS systems to determine the exact position of the observer), scoring a direct hit is trivial. Russia does not have this capability. Building their weapons to require the cooperation of their main rival power (who can easily just shut off or encrypt the signals in a conflict zone) would be a bad idea, and their attempt to build their own system (GLONASS) has been far less successful due to budget cuts. So they never built their systems to rely on GLONASS as much as NATO is willing to rely on GPS.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: February 10, 2023, 08:22:29 am »

I nearly pissed my pants laughing so hard.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: February 10, 2023, 09:07:51 am »

I don't know who is the genius (probably Putin himself) who insists on more strikes energy infrastructure instead of using those deadly weapons to support the offensive directly at and near the frontline, but I salute this decision.
Naturally our narrative focused on the civilian casualties, but if you think about this, there is actually a military rational behind this.

What's happened to the Russian patriarchate in recent months is horrifying, and deeply un-Christian. I've mentioned before how tragic it is that people from Orthodox churches are going to war against each other.

In recent what? It is like this for a very, very long time... This version, which was recreated by Stalin, is one of the worst and most immoral Christian large-scale cults that ever existed.

Careful.. there are a lot of Ukrainian orphans in Russia.. we wouldn't want the priesthood there to take 'make love not war' too literarily like in other Christian large-scale cults.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 09:09:38 am by jipehog »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: February 10, 2023, 09:53:09 am »

Why thou, will your opinion change if you knew for a fact that only have 100 or 3000 tanks left?

I'm mainly speaking about how it wouldn't make sense to throw literally all of their remaining tanks at Ukraine, so they must have had a lot more than 3,000 to lose in the first place.  3,000 operational tanks with 3x that many on paper makes a lot more sense, even if I agree with the general assessment that most of those on paper probably aren't in any shape to use.

As to my comment about being less confident in Ukraine's ability to win the war, that's just a blanket statement based on how it feels the news has changed over the last few months.  Ukraine stopped gaining a lot of territory and started losing some.  Could that just be from them trying to build up for another offensive?  Maybe, but if Russia keeps using human wave tactics to wear them down it may not matter.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: February 10, 2023, 10:19:52 am »

Careful.. there are a lot of Ukrainian orphans in Russia.. we wouldn't want the priesthood there to take 'make love not war' too literarily like in other Christian large-scale cults.

Some kidnaped Ukrainian children are in orphanages under the protective hand of the Russian Orthodox Church or "adopted" by Russian religious families and I prefer to not think about it
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 167