Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 119111 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #2340 on: February 21, 2023, 12:53:22 pm »

[1] Because everyone is very good at monitoring radionucleids, I could see them deliberately releasing a 'by-product' mix of them, to try to convince the world that they're spinning up their production lines in that respect, too. But I'm imagining that if they can't do it all for real then they just go for "plausible non-[/]deniability"...

They're better at monitoring than that.  I'm pretty sure that they can't fool those who matter with a move like this, and they could always just lie before.

Second, the nuclear response forces also gave up a tithe of their manpower to die in Ukraine.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: February 22, 2023, 08:28:23 am »

I thought we already knew Putin's war was a strategic failure given all the dead Russians and broken equipment.

Also I leave for one day and come back to find that Red Diamond has been banned, now how will I find out how the Western Satanists faked all those pictures of piles of dead people because the genocide was a lie the whole time and Russia has noting to do with the war?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: February 22, 2023, 10:53:33 am »

Oh nice, I missed that it seems. Now there can only be one RD. :>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: February 22, 2023, 11:14:52 am »

He earns an award for most eyebrow raising ban note in the list.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: February 22, 2023, 01:32:07 pm »

11 minutes of Russian fascist "music" and Putin's speech (with English subtitles)". I guarantee that you'll experience either cringe or disgust or both.

Also, I expect to see every single "singer" from this "concert" in prison should the next Russian government try to build some kind of post-war relationship with Ukraine. Inciting a war of aggression and genocide is no joke.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: February 22, 2023, 02:11:03 pm »

I thought we already knew Putin's war was a strategic failure given all the dead Russians and broken equipment.

The point is that it is bigger than Ukraine, if it was just 'dead Russians and broken equipment' Russia could still win, just like they won in Syria after everyone told that its military intervention is doomed to fail for a decade. My argument as before is that they already lost strategically regardless the outcome in Ukraine.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: February 22, 2023, 03:11:49 pm »

That kinda became obvious the moment Khazakstan refused to sent forces to assist, despite their leadership having been installed by the Kremlin literally months earlier.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: February 22, 2023, 03:23:15 pm »

I read this earlier about the ultimately failed Kiev attack. Short summary: they made the operation too secret, and with variously inappropriate logistics (wrong tyres, old maps, no communications, insufficient contingencies, etc, etc...).

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: February 22, 2023, 06:41:06 pm »

The point is that it is bigger than Ukraine, if it was just 'dead Russians and broken equipment' Russia could still win, just like they won in Syria after everyone told that its military intervention is doomed to fail for a decade. My argument as before is that they already lost strategically regardless the outcome in Ukraine.
In Syria they were supporting (and with the support of) al Assad's regime (and army). Its arguably easier to prop up a goverment than to launch a full scale invasion.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: February 22, 2023, 09:46:18 pm »

Yeah, without knowing the context I'd imagine it causes some "WTF?" reactions.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: February 23, 2023, 03:07:02 am »

Yeah, without knowing the context I'd imagine it causes some "WTF?" reactions.
Just like his posts on this tread did.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ganondworf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: February 23, 2023, 10:29:53 am »

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1628736577454108672?s=20

Some people coloured the street in front of the Russian embassy in London using washable paint. The way they did it made me smile  :)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: February 23, 2023, 03:02:10 pm »

The best they can hope to achieve at this point is a pyrrhic victory. They've burned through a lot of their more modern military stock and a good number of their military units in this war, even if they win it'll take them a number of years to recover both and losing so many experienced soldiers to war makes training the next lot up to the same level that much harder.

They've also gone and made Europe more defensively-oriented, so any further actions in the European theatre are going to require them to either convince us they aren't a threat or wait for decades for us to calm down again. The former will require Russia to have a complete reorientation in their behaviour and government (Which means Putin loses big time, quite probably by having a gun shoved down his throat or a noose around his neck), the latter's going to take a long time and thus limits their immediate ambitions.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 167