Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 143

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 103082 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1410 on: September 15, 2023, 03:10:25 pm »

Some good news: Putin's close ally, Chechen leader Kadyrov is in a coma, most likely dying from a kidney disease.
He was flown to Moscow for treatment, where doctors said they could not do anything for him anymore.
Tomorrow he might be flown to the United Arab Emirates to see if doctors there can help him.

Chechen uprisings and battles for succession would be nice.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 15, 2023, 04:08:17 pm »

There's reports that another Russian ship, the missile-carrying hovercraft Samum was damaged by a naval drone strike and sent to drydock. The Black Sea fleet is not having a good time right now.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 15, 2023, 05:26:44 pm »

Some good news: Putin's close ally, Chechen leader Kadyrov is in a coma, most likely dying from a kidney disease.
He was flown to Moscow for treatment, where doctors said they could not do anything for him anymore.
Tomorrow he might be flown to the United Arab Emirates to see if doctors there can help him.

Chechen uprisings and battles for succession would be nice.
Only source is Ukrainian intelligence so far so I'd take this with a pinch of salt unless there's independent confirmation
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: September 16, 2023, 01:55:34 am »

Yeah, it is like 10th time when rumors of Kadyrov being dead\dying are circulating.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 18, 2023, 10:43:56 am »

https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1703785785026060363

Now Russia happily admits in their cringe requirement videos that it is a war of conquest and nothing more. The sad part is that even that kind of stuff can't clear the minds of Russian fans in the West.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: September 18, 2023, 11:03:38 am »

Also the untranslated text card between the two speaking segments says "Choose the city of your dreams."

These things were clear when they annexed those four regions. The Russian fans in the West know, and they like it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 11:05:36 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: September 19, 2023, 04:58:59 am »

Azerbaijan started an operation against Karabakh, we will see if it will spill into a full Azerbaijan-Armenia war or if Armenia will limit itself to protests allowing Azerbaijan to take Karabakh.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: September 19, 2023, 03:36:49 pm »

So far, Armenia has done nothing. I think the pseudo-state of Karabakh will cease to exist in the next few weeks. One less corrupt hellhole on the face of the Earth.

Also, I find it hilarious that there are protests in Armenia demanding to start a big war with Azerbaijan as if it can be anything but a catastrophe for Armenia.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: September 19, 2023, 04:42:53 pm »

I'm very hesitant to weight on these movements given that both Armenia and Azerbajan have a record of war crimes. Insofar as I can lean on any side I've been sympathethic to the azeris because afaik international rulings have been in their favor and previously they had been mauled by Armenia (with Russian support).  But I've a bad feeling that something bad might happen afterwards...

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: September 19, 2023, 04:51:49 pm »

Well, my position is simple

1) Azerbaijan is operating within its internationally recognized borders.
2) While both countries have certain ties to Russia, Armenia is way more pro-Russian.
3) Karabakh is a mafia-run territory, locals will never have decent lives unless Karabakh is eliminated one way or another

Yes, I am somewhat worried about what Azerbaijani troops will do with civilian Armenians residing in Karabakh and I am far from sure that Azerbaijan won't go beyond 1991 borders at some point but I am certainly not on Armenia's side.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 04:54:10 pm by Strongpoint »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: September 20, 2023, 02:36:38 am »

Hey look at that another war might be starting, what exciting times we live in.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 20, 2023, 03:46:50 am »

Only on that general theme, not at all to do with Ukraine/nearby, I just want to note in passing that I feel for those in Morocco who had the worst earthquake in local living history and then got overshadowed by the Libya floods. The victims of the latter definitely also deserve our concern, at least as much, but have rather kicked those suffering from the Moroccan aftermath from the news...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 20, 2023, 04:15:08 am »

Only on that general theme, not at all to do with Ukraine/nearby, I just want to note in passing that I feel for those in Morocco who had the worst earthquake in local living history and then got overshadowed by the Libya floods. The victims of the latter definitely also deserve our concern, at least as much, but have rather kicked those suffering from the Moroccan aftermath from the news...
In Spain, Lybian floods have almost been a footnote in the news compared to Morocco. Which I found irritating

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: September 20, 2023, 04:26:28 am »

Nagorno-Karabakh Republic agrees to cease fire, dismantle its army and withdraw heavy equipment from the territory of Karabakh with the aim of its speedy disposal.

Further negotiations between local Armenian population and Azerbaijan's representatives are set to take place tomorrow

___

Good, they should have surrendered immediately but I think they had hopes for some international reaction\hep. But Iran is actually NOT suicidal and just likes to be loud, Russia couldn't help even if they wanted, and the West has no reason to interfere.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: September 20, 2023, 06:17:21 am »

I don't know enough about the region so I don't know which side to cheer on. Likely nobody... as aren't both Armenia and Azerbaijan rather war-crimey?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 143