Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 525364 times)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2017, 11:30:42 pm »

Oh no

Oh no

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2017, 11:40:25 pm »

Be careful of lava-adapted sewer gators.
Someone please tell me this isn't yet implemented.  I may be forced to drastically alter the fortress design.

Also, I expect all of Apiks' attempts to control a madman will end terribly.  I'm somewhat glad I haven't been forumited yet.  The horrors that are about to be released will make it quite interesting for Gwolfski, Enemy Post, and I to deal with.  Even long after the hell of the madman fades out, as we attempt to wrest control from him. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 23, 2017, 03:36:05 am »

Be careful of lava-adapted sewer gators.
Someone please tell me this isn't yet implemented.  I may be forced to drastically alter the fortress design.

Also, I expect all of Apiks' attempts to control a madman will end terribly.  I'm somewhat glad I haven't been forumited yet.  The horrors that are about to be released will make it quite interesting for Gwolfski, Enemy Post, and I to deal with.  Even long after the hell of the madman fades out, as we attempt to wrest control from him.

I'm not quite so sure about the sewer gators, but I do think sea creatures (like sharks) can now prowl the rivers and underground caverns.

More than once turns have ended in complete annihilation of the fortress. A game over if you will. In those cases to avoid an early ending of the fortress, I either use story magic, push it back a turn and continue as if it never happened, or, more often than not, I take the savegame myself and rid us of the menace.

On one instance in Necrothreat II, a threadromancer haxxor teleported inside the fortress, revived everything dead inside and brought the fortress to its kneels, with us being at about 15 pop and stuck in a single room, while the entire fortress was overrun with the enemy.

My solution after endless misery? Digging a tunnel to another mountain on the map and making a new base there until the enemy left. It worked, though it nearly killed everybody in the process. Apiks became a madowman again during that fiasco.

But yeah, you should expect hell to go down. Especially since the first Necrothreader siege is in Sprin's hands (his turns usually have us more prepared, military, trap and fort layout wise.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:24:46 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2017, 07:58:47 am »

But yeah, you should expect hell to go down. Especially since the first Necrothreader siege is in Sprin's hands (his turns usually have us more prepared, military, trap and fort layout wise.)
*sigh*

Dragons help us...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:50:17 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2017, 10:43:05 am »

@Apiks I'm familiar with the incident you're referring to.  Necrothreat II was my introduction.  As you might imagine, it's not a situation that I'd deem ideal.  I might end up doing it anyways, but I hope Sprin leaves some picks and miners.  Or whomever comes after. 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2017, 03:21:52 pm »

Ok I was in a car accident today and that ate a bit into my play time

All is fine tho no injuries minimal damages.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 23, 2017, 05:13:51 pm »

(posh sounding British accent) Hello ladies and gents (bow) the name's Quill Arcane. Erin called me in to help with the "Armok" problem. I also heard your fort had some "issues" with vision of the past, got to say, I'd love to see how the latent magic is affecting everyone's psyche.

So, in case anyone can not tell, hi, I would like to be mited (or dorfed). Name Quill Arcane. I'd like to be a loremaster and male is preferable.

P.S. There is a very good (interesting) reason why "Armok" is in quotes.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:32:34 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 23, 2017, 07:08:48 pm »

Arc, the damned hell do you think you're doing here?
A letter? From me? I didn't send you any dragons-damned letters, ya loony! And quit it with that "atheist cleric" shtick you've got going on. It's dumb, makes no sense, and is just gonna get on everyone's nerves.

Not to mention, the hell's that accent? What do you think you are, an Albion Politician? You sound like a noble, and are just as much of an ass.

Don't worry, me and S.M. worked this stuff out beforehand IRL. Erin Quill and Quill Arcane have a decent-sized history with each other, so they're relatively open with the insults and banter.

EDIT: Just FYI, Albion is a somewhat common alternate-reality name for England.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:27:46 pm by Glass »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 23, 2017, 07:40:26 pm »

If you didn't send it who the hell did? Someone said that this place had need of a loremaster and could benefit from an expert on magic's effect on the mind. On the "atheist cleric" thing, I'm not an atheist, I don't believe in "Armok" but I'm no atheist. Lord Afer is real and I heard this is one of his holy spots! And as for "loony" that's rich coming from you! The accent is real and you know it, you're just jealous you have to fake one.

Good to see you mate, I'd like to see whatever crazy device your working on now.

Yup, Arc doesn't believe in Armok but worships Afer, god of water. Me and Glass are good friends, he even inspired my username, so if we start arguing its probably nothing.

By the way, here's inspiration for Arc's atheist cleric thing http://www.nuklearpower.com/2005/08/11/episode-585-a-lofty-goal/

Best description for Arc's idea of Armok is, he is a Nay-Theist,
he is well aware of the existence of the gods, and freely admits it; he just refuses to worship them, or to "believe" in them in any strong Spiritual sense beyond merely acknowledging the fact of their existence.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:45:07 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 24, 2017, 12:02:02 am »

For my character, I have an idea to of how I'd like it to play out, but, is it out of the question to have a crossover from older Vanilla DF games of my own? 

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #325 on: January 24, 2017, 12:27:12 am »

Apiks is dead. It's easier to say that than to try to think about what's happened to her. Apiks is dead, and a monster has taken her place. More than "Apiks is dead", the crown murdered her. Murdered her, and put an unholy being in her place.

I worry. Since her death, I've had a few strange dreams. Burning alive, my spear lodged in some godless abomination's limb. Even the clean lines of sparring are corrupted. Sometimes, I strike someone's leg and though I know I did not wound them, it feels for a moment as though I did but it closed instantly. What should be a clean, hamstringing strike does nothing. It seems strange to wish for madness, but that would I think be better than what I sometimes think I see.

People seem to talk to Quill about things like this, but I do not trust that forumite as far as I can throw him. He spent too much time with Apiks before she died. While I was trying to save her. I cannot bring myself to go to anyone in confidence, let alone him.

I set these words into the rock, so that perhaps a future scholar might piece together what happened here if we die (which I fear we surely must). The rock will not betray me.

Arx.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 24, 2017, 12:58:29 pm »

Dear journal
Day who cares, bad things are happening

Arc showed up recently. He seems enthused by the presence of aquifers at our location. Always was a nutter, him.
Of course, so am I. I honestly cannot recall any letter going out to him that may have called him here. Who could have sent it? A troubling question; I will have to consult the Orchestra on it.

Arx has been avoiding me lately. They have dark circles under their eyes; I have enough experience with those to know they are born of bad sleep, rather than the more benign pouches of simple exhaustion. Oh, how I long for the days where I slept at all, but I cannot remember being tired for the past ten years.
I will put a dream-catcher in their room. Not those bastardized dream-givers Apiks forced me to make, but an original. Those should help him sleep easier.

I fear that those dream-givers may have broken reality in some way. This world seems different than it should be. I cannot tell if Armok's war started here or elsewhere. Strange words have entered my head when I think of the people of this world - I have to stop myself from saying "dwarves" and "elves" when I mean to refer to ourselves or the hippies. I cannot but think that Apiks has forced me to bring the strifes of distant worlds to this land.

I have been formulating a summoning ritual. I will need the Orchestra for it. I believe that it is time for me to consult an old friend; he has experience in the field of broken times.

The construction of the forumechs has been going poorly. I know that all the theory is correct - when I had the Orchestra run the sims, the things were able to go up against all manner of beasts and win handily. The problem is, I just can't seem to build a living thing out of no living pieces. Reality just won't let me. I know it should work, and I know it can work, I just need reality to change, first.

I'm not saying much about this. Only that the Orchestra is that musical thing that Apiks had Erin make to commemorate his rulership. Erin instead build a music-based supercomputer to run calculations and simulations for him. He also soundproofed the walls of that chamber.

EDIT: Also, the inspiration for the third paragraph can be found in this very thread, somewhere before page 10. I won't give any of you more hints.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:50:14 pm by Glass »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 24, 2017, 01:13:49 pm »

Inb4 somebody complains about electricity and other so called plot holes. (If you haven't noticed, there's multiple holes in space and time here)
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 24, 2017, 01:16:33 pm »

Hi, I'm here to complain about electricity and other so-called plot holes?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2017, 01:41:25 pm »

They're all Erin's doing. Even the unrevealed ones about reality being a computer simulation made by aliens. Not their reality, our reality.

:P
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 202