Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1191790 times)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #480 on: May 17, 2011, 07:16:34 pm »

I was wondering Would u like my Reviews thread on here too? Or is it not summit that should be on here? lols

If not it's cool ^_^
I would need to see it..  A link would be handy.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #481 on: May 17, 2011, 08:29:59 pm »

Lol ok sorry link is here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

P.S. The Thread is ongoing and so are all the reviews
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 17, 2011, 10:16:22 pm »

Lol ok sorry link is here:

P.S. The Thread is ongoing and so are all the reviews

Alright it is added to the list, as it has information that people who use the mods could certainly use.   I will think about where to put it in the list later, but for now it has a fairly prominent spot.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 18, 2011, 08:19:01 am »

(Nvm)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:41:22 am by Reelyanoob »

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 01, 2011, 05:33:44 pm »

Heya, I was wondering if we could add my mod, Dwarvenrealms, to the list. It's a mod that adds in 220+ new creatures, new industries, new plants and trees, and significantly modifies the core gameplay. It also has a complete tileset and graphics pack using Ironhand's sets and a lot of my originals.

Here's the thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80674
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 01, 2011, 06:29:22 pm »

(Nvm)
Ok...

Heya, I was wondering if we could add my mod, Dwarvenrealms, to the list. It's a mod that adds in 220+ new creatures, new industries, new plants and trees, and significantly modifies the core gameplay. It also has a complete tileset and graphics pack using Ironhand's sets and a lot of my originals.

Here's the thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80674

Added.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 11, 2011, 10:13:44 pm »

* hears crickets...

Someone find some mods that peeps are working on and request they be added =p

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 12, 2011, 09:00:41 pm »

I recommend reorganizing the list of "Miscellaneous mods and utilities" in the OP.
That section is the largest part of the OP and it does not seem organized, especially with mods and utilities listed together. Perhaps it could be divided into "Miscellaneous mods" and "Miscellaneous utilities & files" ?

On my hard drive I have these categorized into folders such as Mods, 3D Visualizers (Stonesense, Fortress Overseer, & TerrainViewer), Utilities, Map Tools (Quickfort, QuickFort Assist, Chromafort, DF Designer, & DF Map Compressor), and Tools (SoundSense, M.O.U.S.E Fortress, & Beyond Compare).

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2011, 02:06:06 pm »

I recommend reorganizing the list of "Miscellaneous mods and utilities" in the OP.
That section is the largest part of the OP and it does not seem organized, especially with mods and utilities listed together. Perhaps it could be divided into "Miscellaneous mods" and "Miscellaneous utilities & files" ?

On my hard drive I have these categorized into folders such as Mods, 3D Visualizers (Stonesense, Fortress Overseer, & TerrainViewer), Utilities, Map Tools (Quickfort, QuickFort Assist, Chromafort, DF Designer, & DF Map Compressor), and Tools (SoundSense, M.O.U.S.E Fortress, & Beyond Compare).

While your suggestion is appreciated, you may note there are not any actual mods listed in that section, only utilities.. and before I would want to bother with subcatagories, I would like some of you to go through and check and see which utilities do not support the last version of dwarf fortress so I can clear out the unsupported deadwood.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2011, 01:15:40 pm »

...and before I would want to bother with subcatagories, I would like some of you to go through and check and see which utilities do not support the last version of dwarf fortress so I can clear out the unsupported deadwood.

OK, I just spent several hours going through the Miscellaneous mods and utilities section, updating the links and descriptions and sorting out which ones are obsolete and which will work with 0.31.25.

First of all, I suggest the following links under
Miscellaneous mods and utilities should be moved to the Modding Utilities section:

Dwarf Fortress Mod manager Allows the creation and editing of mods and makes merging them together easy. Also helps to export mods into compact patch files, allows splitting and tweaking mods, & much more. (Works with 0.31.25)
Random Raw Creator (RRC) This tool uses a list of nouns to create new raws for DF. It can create random Toys, Plants, Weapons, Stone, Food, Instruments, Minerals, and Gems. (Coincides with v0.31.21, but should work on 0.31.25)
DF World Tinker An advanced modding tool. It allows code gurus to add custom workshops and reactions to an established fort. Also, it can swap materials around and find raw data for Titans. (Works with 0.31.25)

And while you're at it, the following utility should be added to the Modding Utilities section as well:

Random plant creation script Creates 70-80 new random plant species. It uses existing language and symbol files to generate random plant names and derive properties from the name. (Sounds a bit buggy, but it should work for 0.31.25)

The following is what I consider an updated Miscellaneous mods and utilities section:

NOTE:

Miscellaneous mods and utilities: These do not fit neatly into other categories.

PerfectWorldDF Utility to make your own world in any manner you want and how you want it to be. You want a world that looks like a smiley face or the united states? THIS IS THE UTILITY! (Personal Opinion: Looks amazing) (Works in 0.31.25, but a few report crashes)
SoundSense A sound engine for DF which brings tons of new sound FX and music. It takes the game to a whole new level. Many who try it are no longer willing to play without. (Java-based, version independent)
Quickfort Some people would classify this as an essential utility, it allows you to use .CSV spreadsheets to plan and build a fort... Very rapidly I might add. (Mostly functional in 0.31.25)
ChromaFort A Utility to be used with quickfort. Turns bitmaps into .CSV Spreadsheets. (Version N/A)
Embark Anywhere Extract into dwarf fortress folder and run the .exe while selecting a site. (Appears to work in 0.31.25)
Just embark Just run this once and it will hack your DF so you can embark anywhere. (Works in 0.31.25)
10-15-20-30 Embark size As the name implies, it allows you to change your embark party to 10, 15, 20, or 30 dwarves. (Designed for 0.31.25)
Nano Fortress This Utility allows you to embark on areas that are normally too small, like a 1 by 1 tile fortress. (Works in 0.31.25)
DFusion * Embark expander: have other races join * Simple_embark: modify your start dwarf count * Friendship: allows other races to do jobs * Tools: Race changer, Job select enabler, Embark anywhere, Adventurer swapper, Make creatures follow * Adv_tools: some tools for adventurers * Migrants: immigrants are random races (Works in 0.31.25)
Dwarf Foreman Automatic job manager.  Allows you to do certain things like setting a level of stock you want something to be at and taking the repetitiveness out of general fortress management. (Works with 0.31.25)
NoExotic Removes the exotic tags from creatures to allow them to be trained without a dungeon master. (Should still work)
Legends Viewer (Superceded World Viewer.) Recreates Legends Mode from exported data. Browser like navigation, including tabs, allows to easily view other people/places/entities by just clicking names in the event logs or search lists, including a graphical map. (Works in 0.31.25)
Runesmith A entity information and alteration Program. (Works in 0.31.25, but has minor bugs)
DGC Dwarven Guidance Counselor: As the name suggests, it gives job recommendations based on attributes & traits. (Should work with 0.31.25)
Pathing Simulator A maze navigation simulator which functions as a demo for path finding optimizations. (Java-based, version independent)
WinMerge Open source software. Useful for installing mods as you can see what is changing.

Finally, I think the following section should be created. (Although there is only one utility that fits there right now, I suspect more will fit there later as the rest of the OP gets updated.)

Obsolete Utilities: Tools which do not work with recent versions, but are useful and unique enough to keep checking for updates (or to consider do-it-yourself updating).

M.O.U.S.E Fortress An AHK script allowing you to use mouse commands inside Dwarf Fortress.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:10:48 pm by Thundercraft »

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 15, 2011, 07:48:25 pm »

...and before I would want to bother with subcatagories, I would like some of you to go through and check and see which utilities do not support the last version of dwarf fortress so I can clear out the unsupported deadwood.

OK, I just spent several hours going through the Miscellaneous mods and utilities section, updating the links and descriptions and sorting out which ones are obsolete and which will work with 0.31.25.

First of all, I suggest the following links under
Miscellaneous mods and utilities should be moved to the Modding Utilities section:

Dwarf Fortress Mod manager Allows the creation and editing of mods and makes merging them together easy. Also helps to export mods into compact patch files, allows splitting and tweaking mods, & much more. (Works with 0.31.25)
Random Raw Creator (RRC) This tool uses a list of nouns to create new raws for DF. It can create random Toys, Plants, Weapons, Stone, Food, Instruments, Minerals, and Gems. (Coincides with v0.31.21, but should work on 0.31.25)
DF World Tinker An advanced modding tool. It allows code gurus to add custom workshops and reactions to an established fort. Also, it can swap materials around and find raw data for Titans. (Works with 0.31.25)

And while you're at it, the following utility should be added to the Modding Utilities section as well:

Random plant creation script Creates 70-80 new random plant species. It uses existing language and symbol files to generate random plant names and derive properties from the name. (Sounds a bit buggy, but it should work for 0.31.25)

The following is what I consider an updated Miscellaneous mods and utilities section:

NOTE:

Miscellaneous mods and utilities: These do not fit neatly into other categories.

PerfectWorldDF Utility to make your own world in any manner you want and how you want it to be. You want a world that looks like a smiley face or the united states? THIS IS THE UTILITY!  (Works in 0.31.25, but a few report crashes)
SoundSense A sound engine for DF which brings tons of new sound FX and music. It takes the game to a whole new level. Many who try it are no longer willing to play without. (Java-based, version independent)
Quickfort Some people would classify this as an essential utility, it allows you to use .CSV spreadsheets to plan and build a fort... Very rapidly I might add. (Mostly functional in 0.31.25)
ChromaFort A Utility to be used with quickfort. Turns bitmaps into .CSV Spreadsheets. (Version N/A)
Embark Anywhere Extract into dwarf fortress folder and run the .exe while selecting a site. (Appears to work in 0.31.25)
Just embark Just run this once and it will hack your DF so you can embark anywhere. (Works in 0.31.25)
10-15-20-30 Embark size As the name implies, it allows you to change your embark party to 10, 15, 20, or 30 dwarves. (Designed for 0.31.25)
Nano Fortress This Utility allows you to embark on areas that are normally too small, like a 1 by 1 tile fortress. (Works in 0.31.25)
DFusion * Embark expander: have other races join * Simple_embark: modify your start dwarf count * Friendship: allows other races to do jobs * Tools: Race changer, Job select enabler, Embark anywhere, Adventurer swapper, Make creatures follow * Adv_tools: some tools for adventurers * Migrants: immigrants are random races (Works in 0.31.25)
Dwarf Foreman Automatic job manager.  Allows you to do certain things like setting a level of stock you want something to be at and taking the repetitiveness out of general fortress management. (Works with 0.31.25)
NoExotic Removes the exotic tags from creatures to allow them to be trained without a dungeon master. (Should still work)
Legends Viewer (Superceded World Viewer.) Recreates Legends Mode from exported data. Browser like navigation, including tabs, allows to easily view other people/places/entities by just clicking names in the event logs or search lists, including a graphical map. (Works in 0.31.25)
Runesmith A entity information and alteration Program. (Works in 0.31.25, but has minor bugs)
DGC Dwarven Guidance Counselor: As the name suggests, it gives job recommendations based on attributes & traits. (Should work with 0.31.25)
Pathing Simulator A maze navigation simulator which functions as a demo for path finding optimizations. (Java-based, version independent)
WinMerge Open source software. Useful for installing mods as you can see what is changing.

Finally, I think the following section should be created. (Although there is only one utility that fits there right now, I suspect more will fit there later as the rest of the OP gets updated.)

Obsolete Utilities: Tools which do not work with recent versions, but are useful and unique enough to keep checking for updates (or to consider do-it-yourself updating).

M.O.U.S.E Fortress An AHK script allowing you to use mouse commands inside Dwarf Fortress.

Awesome.  I appreciate the help, and I will implement those changes on the list.  Thanks for doing all of that Thunder!

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 16, 2011, 10:32:59 am »

Noblemod - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=86601.0 - adds a whole variety of nobles back into the game and makes the default ones work.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 16, 2011, 12:54:43 pm »

Noblemod - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=86601.0 - adds a whole variety of nobles back into the game and makes the default ones work.
Added.

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 16, 2011, 03:58:57 pm »

Hi, I'm not sure if mine qualifies but if it's worthy, you can add it if you want.  thanks!

edit: oops, ps. it's in my sig.
Love,

Dr. Agon

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 16, 2011, 04:57:29 pm »

Hi, I'm not sure if mine qualifies but if it's worthy, you can add it if you want.  thanks!

edit: oops, ps. it's in my sig.
Works for me.   Added.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69