Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781879 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Goes Free To Play with Uber Update ""Let's do dis."
« Reply #6090 on: June 27, 2011, 01:36:40 pm »

Is there anywhere I can download low-res versions of the primary maps or something?
Look around on Facepunch, theres also some retro skin packs which will really make your game run fast.

Well I haven't seen anything about skin packs just yet but I keep seeing stuff about Chris' FPS Configs. Trying to figure it out as it doesn't seem exactly clear how to implement it but I think I just found a video that should describe how to use it so heres hoping.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: June 27, 2011, 02:00:36 pm »

Virtually anyone playing spy isn't contributing as effectively to the team as they could be if they were playing another class, whether they're new or not.

I'd have to say I disagree with that. There are many times when playing as a spy can be vastly more effective at breaking a deadlock. It is true however that you do need to be able to recognise when being a spy is not going to work and actually change class, although the same is true of pretty much all the classes.
Key phrase: A spy. There is only ever use for 2 spies, one on each team. Spies are the one class where you have to know what you're doing to not be a hindrance to your team. Every other class can deal damage by pointing at the general direction of the target and clicking. Do that as a spy, and you're mown down in a few seconds. There is never, ever a reason for spy to be capped out, and more often than not, it should be empty. Spy has situational usefulness, and only someone who knows what he's doing can actually take advantage of that.

But for someone to actually become useful as a spy it requires practice, same for really any other class including Pyro (Go ahead and rage to what I just said, but the only reason would be the fact that you die to them a lot.) I've clocked 90 hours on spy so far and learned how to use all sorts of tactics and I can usually get in the top 3 players of the round as Spy. Now 2Fort...for some reason I can't play that as a Spy.
There are numerous ways to practice as a spy without fucking your team over.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: June 27, 2011, 02:03:57 pm »

So yeah, i've found that some servers are kicking players who aren't wearing the proof of purchase hat.

Then booting me because I was all "its only on my pyro and i'm not switching to prove your insecurity's, stfu". Its funny because I was doing better than all the proof of purchase noobs.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: June 27, 2011, 02:27:27 pm »

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: June 27, 2011, 02:44:51 pm »

Virtually anyone playing spy isn't contributing as effectively to the team as they could be if they were playing another class, whether they're new or not.

I'd have to say I disagree with that. There are many times when playing as a spy can be vastly more effective at breaking a deadlock. It is true however that you do need to be able to recognise when being a spy is not going to work and actually change class, although the same is true of pretty much all the classes.
Key phrase: A spy. There is only ever use for 2 spies, one on each team. Spies are the one class where you have to know what you're doing to not be a hindrance to your team. Every other class can deal damage by pointing at the general direction of the target and clicking. Do that as a spy, and you're mown down in a few seconds. There is never, ever a reason for spy to be capped out, and more often than not, it should be empty. Spy has situational usefulness, and only someone who knows what he's doing can actually take advantage of that.

But for someone to actually become useful as a spy it requires practice, same for really any other class including Pyro (Go ahead and rage to what I just said, but the only reason would be the fact that you die to them a lot.) I've clocked 90 hours on spy so far and learned how to use all sorts of tactics and I can usually get in the top 3 players of the round as Spy. Now 2Fort...for some reason I can't play that as a Spy.
There are numerous ways to practice as a spy without fucking your team over.
Such as...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: June 27, 2011, 03:10:02 pm »

So yeah, i've found that some servers are kicking players who aren't wearing the proof of purchase hat.

Then booting me because I was all "its only on my pyro and i'm not switching to prove your insecurity's, stfu". Its funny because I was doing better than all the proof of purchase noobs.
Same thing happened when the halo's came out, then the earbuds, don't worry that fad will go away in a few weeks.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: June 27, 2011, 03:26:01 pm »

Is there anywhere I can download low-res versions of the primary maps or something?
Look around on Facepunch, theres also some retro skin packs which will really make your game run fast.

Well I haven't seen anything about skin packs just yet but I keep seeing stuff about Chris' FPS Configs. Trying to figure it out as it doesn't seem exactly clear how to implement it but I think I just found a video that should describe how to use it so heres hoping.

Success! I'm playing with next to no lag though the environment is now rainbows. Oh well at least I can play now.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: June 27, 2011, 04:16:11 pm »

Anyone had problems on 2fort with aimbotting snipers? Last game I was in, I would run out the back entrance, as scout, get to the ledge, jump, and before I had finished the first jump, I was headshotted. Went out again, bottom layer. Got out the door and bam, dead.
Oh I see your problem, your playing on 2fort.

I have a choice. 2fort (with aimbots) or non 2fort, in which case I die to snipers in melee. Because of the 300-400 ping.
Have you tried looking for a less distant server?

ALL the less distant servers run 2fort. I have, on my favourites, all the ones with less than 100 ping. They ALL have 2fort running ATM.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: June 27, 2011, 04:36:20 pm »

I don't know where you are, but for me:

Edit: UberM0nk3y's Jungle? I don't even remember that one.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: June 27, 2011, 04:38:56 pm »

I use the Halolz server most of the time.

It's the only one I know that allows Micspam and yes I like it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: June 27, 2011, 05:28:46 pm »

Penny Arcade and Fugworld servers are pretty nice as well. Everything seems to be full ever since the update though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6101 on: June 27, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »

...except the B12 server...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: June 27, 2011, 06:37:10 pm »

I don't know where you are, but for me:

Edit: UberM0nk3y's Jungle? I don't even remember that one.

Try looking for all the ones in Australia.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: June 27, 2011, 06:44:05 pm »

Reddit has an australian tf2 section, have you checked there?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: June 27, 2011, 06:46:32 pm »

Reddit has an australian tf2 section, have you checked there?

Latest one that mentions a server says it's down.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 774