Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2130674 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #9990 on: January 06, 2017, 12:39:12 am »

Hm. Is that pastel color set?

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: January 06, 2017, 03:16:13 pm »

Hm. Is that pastel color set?
Not sure.

I was doing masterwork.

I'm also shitty with leatherworking, so if my mayor mandates anything involving leather, Insta facepalm, leathers my worst enemy in terms of resources.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: January 06, 2017, 09:02:59 pm »

I just embarked on a river running straight through the middle. The wagon was next to the river.

As soon as I unpause the game, my miner drowned.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: January 06, 2017, 11:44:56 pm »

I keep having really tough guests murdering my guys
Pain in the ass, really
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: January 07, 2017, 08:31:33 pm »

Another one, I find more silver gold platnum and rare shit than I do Iron.

God damn.

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: January 08, 2017, 12:34:45 am »

At least silver can be used for weapons. Make shiny expensive furniture, wait for goblins to attack, smelt goblinite for iron.

I accidentally forbid the wrong door in my hatchery complex. Instead of hatching a single clutch of Giant Cave Swallows, I hatched four clutches of Cave Crocodiles in the room across the hall. Cave crocodile hatchlings have hatched x4 = 179 Cave Crocodile Hatchlings.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: January 08, 2017, 11:39:13 am »

Bastiongate survived a titan attack in year two because I had about a thousand silver bolts to pump into it.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: January 08, 2017, 05:25:13 pm »

My guys keep having halucinations even though the water source is just normal water.

Urist McDrugExpert, please report to tell us what kinda drugs were dumped in the river...

(I made a well to try and fix this)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: January 13, 2017, 03:32:47 pm »

Makes a path to underground caverns.

Things get killed by screwin with my dwarves (Facepalm pending)

Miasma.(Facepalm

All is fine. Oh wait, a troll..

Troll just stands there(Menacingly)
Near my door, out of reach

Places cage traps for inevitable approac...
Troll rushes in, likely breaking the sound barrier, as soon as the door opens for the cage trap to be put in.(facepalm 2)

Rats aproach. (facepalm 3

Rats find a path to jump over the Mexican Cave border wall. thats 10 more feet for the wall -urist mctrump (Facepalm 4)
Rush troll, phew another facepalm averted, and they carried it away...

(Drowspider corpse in distance starts rotting) SON OF A B... (Headdesk)

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: January 17, 2017, 04:56:45 pm »

When I was new, one of the first things I encountered was a werebeast. I figured it would go away and just leave me alone, so I just kept setting up my fort.

Nope. It attacked and did some real damage, but I figured "no big deal, I'll just get a hospital, and be prepared next time by learning how to set up a militia".

Little did I know that those who got hurt would turn back into werebeasts later... including a dwarf I put on my militia.

Very !!Fun!!.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: January 17, 2017, 05:52:01 pm »

When I was new, one of the first things I encountered was a werebeast. I figured it would go away and just leave me alone, so I just kept setting up my fort.

Nope. It attacked and did some real damage, but I figured "no big deal, I'll just get a hospital, and be prepared next time by learning how to set up a militia".

Little did I know that those who got hurt would turn back into werebeasts later... including a dwarf I put on my militia.

Very !!Fun!!.

T'was the fate of my first fort. Not helped by the later goblin siege.  By the end of it, there was one kid left. I abandoned the fortress after that.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: January 17, 2017, 05:57:24 pm »

Very !!Fun!!.

my first dead fortress was like that, but I thought I was more prepared
We rushed and killed the werebeast, no casualties, oh fuck, a few wounded. That's fine, I'll just secure the means of seperating hospital and fort.

"THEY BROKE DOWN THE FUCKING FLOOD GATE? REALLY? WELL FUCK.!"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: January 17, 2017, 06:19:46 pm »

Very !!Fun!!.

We rushed and killed the werebeast, no casualties, oh fuck, a few wounded. That's fine, I'll just secure the means of seperating hospital and fort.

And this is how I also learned to use raising bridges instead of floodgates.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: January 17, 2017, 08:59:43 pm »

Very !!Fun!!.

And this is how I also learned to use raising bridges instead of floodgates.

I just choose a room as the "hospital", then wall off the room. If none turn, in a month, I can dig out the wall and let 'em out, but usually it's pretty obvious that they're infected. Then, (bonus!) I have an unkillable fort.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: January 19, 2017, 06:50:04 am »

"Oh wow, my hammerlord finally got that wound sutured, and so did those two workers who fell out of trees. Nice. Wonder where they got the string from... Say, where'd my candy go?"
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 729