Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Eccentric player behaviors  (Read 48897 times)

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
Re: Eccentric player behaviors
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2009, 02:10:37 am »

^Oooooo, harsh.
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2009, 04:58:05 am »

I have an dining hall, usually about 30 tiles long and 7 wide. The entire length of it has:

_ctstc_
_ctstc_
_ctstc_
etc.

(space chair table statue table chair because I don't care to find the appropriate symbols)

Also, I wall off my entire map as soon as I've got enough idlers to assign 30+ masons and outdoor block stockpiles.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2009, 06:18:30 am »

Whenever traders get pissy at me for not accepting their dumb trades, I pull the lever in my meeting hall, which locks the only way in and out of the fortress. I then steal their underwear and whatever item I was trying to get from them (the last time it was an anvil that they wanted for a bunch of narrow GCS clothing, a bunch more than I wanted to give).
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2009, 06:50:40 am »

Acting like some damn Bookkeeping Manager.

Beside journal of Rigothar*, "Craftflesh" if you wish (tundra, berserking children, dehydration and usual), I keep list of:

-Citizens (wave in which they came, their family, on-place children birth dates also noted)
-Dead dwarves (just a number, gotta make a full detailed list)
-Gods (Who, how depicted, their 'spheres' and how many believers of them are in Rigothar)

When something happens (like, another baby pops up), I pause the game and write all necessary info onto the list.

*I think I will tweak the journal and post it in Community Stories sometime.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:53:23 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dvergar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2009, 10:14:48 am »

Beside journal of Rigothar*, "Craftflesh" if you wish (tundra, berserking children, dehydration and usual), I keep list of:

-Citizens (wave in which they came, their family, on-place children birth dates also noted)
-Gods (Who, how depicted, their 'spheres' and how many believers of them are in Rigothar)

When something happens (like, another baby pops up), I pause the game and write all necessary info onto the list.

I can't wait until something similar is automated :)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2009, 10:29:22 am »

I do the same thing in many games, particularly SEV.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2009, 01:29:52 pm »

Then it will be un-fun! :(
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2009, 02:14:09 pm »

Then it will be un-fun less of a pain in the ass! :)

Fixed that for you

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2009, 08:44:21 pm »

Oh, another of my odd behaviors: I like to make a "hall of labors" in the stone one floor beneath my main stockpile, with stairs in the middle going up. EVERY workshop  have is in a room attached to that hall and stockpiles are either above or below it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2009, 04:44:39 pm »

i always dig out a fairly large farming complex first. 10x20 food stockple 10x20 booze stockpile 5x5 seed stockpile a bunch of 4x4 plots next to the food stockpile i make a huge wood stockpile, so i can continue use during a siege. and i buld all food/farming related workshops in their own little room they get doors if there is a chance of miasma. next i always dig out the workshop. 20x20 area and i group the workshops. masons/mechanics in top left. jewler center left carpenters/bowyers bottom left, top right woodburners/glassmakers/smelters/metalworkers (these get their own workshop if i have magma) right center is the kennel and bottom right a bunch of craftdwarves shops. each workshop type has a stockpile to keep them supplied. there is a 3x3 set of stairn in the center, and 20x20 stockpiles in rooms above and below, each room is an individual stockpile, except for the ammo/weapons/armor/leather level. only once the main workshop and first storage (furniture) is made do i start on the bedrooms.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:27:16 pm by Typoman »

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2009, 05:44:31 pm »

i always dig out a fairly large farming complex first. 10x20 food stockple 10x20 booze stockpile 5x5 seed stockpile a bunch of 4x4 plots next to the food stockpile i make a huge wood stockpile, so i can continue use during a siege. and i buld all food/farming felated workshops in their own little room

buld all food/farming felated workshops in their own little room

felated
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2009, 05:45:58 pm »

i always dig out a fairly large farming complex first. 10x20 food stockple 10x20 booze stockpile 5x5 seed stockpile a bunch of 4x4 plots next to the food stockpile i make a huge wood stockpile, so i can continue use during a siege. and i buld all food/farming felated workshops in their own little room

felated

Well he is Typoman.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2009, 05:53:14 pm »

What isn't worth more than Colorado?
Colorado?

As for eccentric behaviour: every (non-military) dwarf must have a personal room with a cabinet and coffer. And doors. Door everywhere. If there's a gap between two walls, a door must be placed in it. And the dining room must be furnished evenly and equally (material AND quality). Stones must be kept too. But they also have to be out of the way (not just invisible, out of the way). Furniture (and crafts an mechanisms etc.) can only be made out of the first layer-stone that I strike. That's about it...
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2009, 06:26:49 pm »

felated

Well he is Typoman.

quite(and i mean quite not quiet), i'll fix that now XD
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:28:23 pm by Typoman »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2009, 08:30:21 am »

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26