Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4081 4082 [4083] 4084 4085 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8885722 times)

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61230 on: May 01, 2013, 11:25:08 pm »

i dont know why it is insulting, please do not relate any personal experiences to this discussion.

Because your argument is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the suicidal mindset and blames the victim.
well im so sorry for blaming the victim. This is how life is, the victim needs to fix themselves, they cant "fix" the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61231 on: May 01, 2013, 11:26:46 pm »

*shrug*

Well, we all know I'm not mentally normal, so I don't think you'd want my data, anyway.

you are weak if you allow emotion to control you rather than reason.

HOHOHOHO

Look up System 1 and System 2 thinking, then come buy my bridge.

well im so sorry for blaming the victim. This is how life is, the victim needs to fix themselves, they cant "fix" the world.

What if the world is the problem?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61232 on: May 01, 2013, 11:27:01 pm »

i dont know why it is insulting, please do not relate any personal experiences to this discussion.

. . . Wha?
im trying very hard to distinguish between feeling and thought, you are weak if you allow emotion to control you rather than reason. If you really must, then write down a strict code of rules you find "reasonable" for yourself to follow under the circumstance that you might lose this "reason" and become suicidal.

This is based on the assumption that there is a distinction between feeling and thought. There really, really isn't, especially for one who is suicidal. Besides, a strict code of rules breaks down the more situations you attempt to apply it to. You have to build incompleteness into your ruleset lest it becomes inconsistent.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61233 on: May 01, 2013, 11:27:31 pm »

Because your argument is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the suicidal mindset and blames the victim.
Clearly, you don't understand suicide. Is it the victim's fault that their life is falling apart due to their parent's mishaps, and you are suffering so much and you don't know where to go?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61234 on: May 01, 2013, 11:28:11 pm »

You are weak if you allow emotion to control you rather than reason.
That is really, really sad.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61235 on: May 01, 2013, 11:28:34 pm »

. . . Wha?

Suicide is a personal thing. What is with this "no relation to personal experience" bull?
exactly my point, im saying different ppl react differently to the same traumatic stimulus. And while one person may be driven to suicide by the death of a loved one, another may simply cry for a bit and get over it.

i dont believe there would be any natural difference between the 2 ppl in that given scenario, but i believe there is a way for us to understand ourselves deeply and become more in control of our emotions and more resilient.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61236 on: May 01, 2013, 11:29:51 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:19:00 pm by Ogdibus »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61237 on: May 01, 2013, 11:30:25 pm »

Catsup, you remind me of me when I was 4 solar cycles younger than I am now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61238 on: May 01, 2013, 11:31:22 pm »

Catsup, stop.

Just... stop.

Please.

Belief doesn't matter. What you think doesn't matter. Reality disagrees with you. This is very important.

Humans are not perfect. I even typed that slowly to emphasize that. Humans are incapable of perfect rational thought. Your beliefs do not agree with evidence. Your beliefs do not help people who are suffering. Your beliefs do not increase understanding. Your beliefs are destructive to people who need actual help.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61239 on: May 01, 2013, 11:32:37 pm »

*shrug*

Well, we all know I'm not mentally normal, so I don't think you'd want my data, anyway.

you make it sound really traumatic, im wondering just how much.

Look up System 1 and System 2 thinking, then come buy my bridge.
what are you talking about?

What if the world is the problem?
you fix yourself to adapt to the world.

Clearly, you don't understand suicide. Is it the victim's fault that their life is falling apart due to their parent's mishaps, and you are suffering so much and you don't know where to go?
the suffering will pass, its staying alive until it does thats the hard part.

You are weak if you allow emotion to control you rather than reason.
That is really, really sad.
indeed, life is sad. You dont change reality, you change yourself so you arent hurt by it.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61240 on: May 01, 2013, 11:33:26 pm »

Your beliefs do not help people who are suffering. Your beliefs do not increase understanding. Your beliefs are destructive to people who need actual help.
im saying what helps me. I believe im not special.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61241 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:03 pm »

I can see this ending well. Tell me how it turns out, will you?
* Xantalos catapults away
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61242 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:12 pm »

Suicide is not a sliding scale. At the other side of the scale, you can't easily go to the other side, because the scale's magnetized. By your emotions. And you saying that emotions are a minor factor in all of this is just plain wrong. That's why people kill themselves in a fit of suicidal rage even when they haven't thought much about it anyway, and why they sometimes decide they don't want to go through it after prevention is done. Emotion overwhelms.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61243 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:24 pm »

Grr! Life is tough! Emotions are a weakness! You have no right to have negative emotions when exposed to negative stimuli!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61244 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:39 pm »

Your beliefs do not help people who are suffering. Your beliefs do not increase understanding. Your beliefs are destructive to people who need actual help.
im saying what helps me. I believe im not special.

Everyone believes that.

Everybody is wrong.

Nobody is not special. Everybody is a unique case.
Pages: 1 ... 4081 4082 [4083] 4084 4085 ... 8159