Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4082 4083 [4084] 4085 4086 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8885366 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61245 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:50 pm »

Look up System 1 and System 2 thinking, then come buy my bridge.
what are you talking about?

Maybe you should try google? :D

I believe I have totally failed my Math (1) test today, especially when relative to others.

I don't know what to do now. Do I even have a future left? :S

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61246 on: May 01, 2013, 11:35:41 pm »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61247 on: May 01, 2013, 11:36:23 pm »

Do I even have a future left? :S
Of course. It looks especially bright from here, especially considering your programming experience.

You're young, lady, you'll bounce back. Besides, look at it this way: You were recently used as a reference in an academic paper.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61248 on: May 01, 2013, 11:37:19 pm »

Your beliefs do not help people who are suffering. Your beliefs do not increase understanding. Your beliefs are destructive to people who need actual help.
im saying what helps me. I believe im not special.

Everyone believes that.

Everybody is wrong.

Nobody is not special. Everybody is a unique case.
Oh dear.

We're breaking out the short sentences with a line of space inbetween each of them to emphasize their importance.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61249 on: May 01, 2013, 11:38:13 pm »

I believe I have totally failed my Math (1) test today, especially when relative to others.

I don't know what to do now. Do I even have a future left? :S

Of course. Maybe not as a mathematician, but still that's not a representation of all your capacity for enjoying life. I am a miserable failure in math, can't understand any sort of scripting language, have no social life anymore, and can't overcome procrastination, but I can still hold a job, perform science and have fun!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61250 on: May 01, 2013, 11:39:26 pm »

you are weak if you allow emotion to control you rather than reason.

This is insensitive and absolutely false.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61251 on: May 01, 2013, 11:40:44 pm »

you make it sound really traumatic, im wondering just how much.

I think that's really too bad for you, because I'm not interested in sharing my experience for your dissection.  If emotion is weak, then I have no expectation that you'll treat me with compassion.

you fix yourself to adapt to the world.

Am I broken if I respond to horror with horror?

the suffering will pass, its staying alive until it does thats the hard part.

Say that to anyone who suffers from chronic physical pain with no possible recourse.

Now realize that chronic physical pain can be transmuted to chronic mental pain and swallow that foot you've jammed in your mouth.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61252 on: May 01, 2013, 11:47:05 pm »

I think that's really too bad for you, because I'm not interested in sharing my experience for your dissection.  If emotion is weak, then I have no expectation that you'll treat me with compassion.
you dont really know me.

Am I broken if I respond to horror with horror?
no, you're broken if you respond to horror with suicide

Say that to anyone who suffers from chronic physical pain with no possible recourse.
Now realize that chronic physical pain can be transmuted to chronic mental pain and swallow that foot you've jammed in your mouth.
i distract myself from the pain one way or another. Nothing is really chronic for me.

you are weak if you allow emotion to control you rather than reason.

This is insensitive and absolutely false.
insensitive, yes. im sorry but its the sad truth about reality though... it leads to pain

Everybody is a unique case.
there indeed but most ppl are able to get over tragedy and stave off suiciding. which means there must be something they did that helped themselves become more emotionally resilient.

@system 1 and 2, i looked it up; i still dont get what you were saying Vector. I think system 1 should be avoided as much as possible in the case of potential suicide, if you really think you've gone over the deep end, at least try to not take any action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61253 on: May 01, 2013, 11:48:30 pm »

Anybody else keep going to write up a reply and half way through decide 'Fuck it, fuck this post, fuck this discussion!' and discard?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61254 on: May 01, 2013, 11:48:46 pm »

I just did that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61255 on: May 01, 2013, 11:50:40 pm »

Okay, so I lied about the going away thing.
While I'm not sure entirely what everyone's even talking about, I think Vector and the others are saying that suicide is bad because of the bad circumstances tht made the person suicide, and Catsup is saying that the suicider is inherently weak BY suiciding, ie giving into the pain, etc.
I'm too tired to argue for one side or the other.
Or something like that is what is happening. people seem to be forgetting that what is generally agreed on is that suicide is bad.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61256 on: May 01, 2013, 11:52:42 pm »

The dealings between the depressed, and the (for want of a better way to put) optimistic, always seemed to me to be quite a bit like the stereotypical dealings between the very rich and the very poor.

The rich wonder how the poor could allow themselves to become so destitute, why they don't just get a job, and why on earth they would go so low as to try to beg unless they're of a particularly poor moral fibre. The poor shake their heads and wonder where the heck they get off thinking this.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61257 on: May 01, 2013, 11:52:50 pm »

You know what? I'm not going to debate after this post. You're a selfish brick wall, inconsiderate of others' feelings concerning the matter. Imagine if you were born without arms, and everyone made fun of you? You'd be suffering chronic mental pain and self-esteem issues, the concept of which seems to escape you.

Thing is, what you're preaching only applies to you. Life is sad, but you're being inconsiderate of what others have suffered. And I think some have suffered more than you have.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61258 on: May 01, 2013, 11:53:22 pm »

Quote from: Robert Frobisher
A true suicide is a paced, disciplined certainty. People pontificate "suicide is shelfisness," while career churchmen like Pater call it a coward's act typically because they lack the necessary suffering to sympathise. Couldn't be further from the truth; suicide takes tremendous courage.

Thank you for that Robert. How is that song coming along?

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61259 on: May 01, 2013, 11:54:31 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:19:29 pm by Ogdibus »
Pages: 1 ... 4082 4083 [4084] 4085 4086 ... 8159