Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5160 5161 [5162] 5163 5164 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8853696 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77415 on: June 24, 2014, 05:04:57 pm »

For one person who is happy in life, there's probably at least 50 more who aren't.
Mankind should stop being so selfish and die off.
You see what you look for, a lot of the time. Everything I've seen points to more people getting by fairly well, even in pretty troubled areas and whatnot, than not. People trend toward fairly happy/content when they're not, y'know, depressive. We would have died off a long time ago if that weren't true.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77416 on: June 24, 2014, 05:07:18 pm »

For one person who is happy in life, there's probably at least 50 more who aren't.
You see what you look for, a lot of the time. Everything I've seen points to more people getting by fairly well, even in pretty troubled areas and whatnot, than not. People trend toward fairly happy/content when they're not, y'know, depressive. We would have died off a long time ago if that weren't true.
People definitely are good at being okay with what they have. And I mean... okay is okay. It's not great but it doesn't have to be.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77417 on: June 24, 2014, 05:20:16 pm »

Maybe the sad threads the wrong place for it, but this kind of nihilistic 'humanity should die out' pisses me off. Oh, I'm sorry? Shall I die because you're feeling down? My family? My mates?

Sod that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #77418 on: June 24, 2014, 05:21:25 pm »

Maybe the sad threads the wrong place for it, but this kind of nihilistic 'humanity should die out' pisses me off. Oh, I'm sorry? Shall I die because you're feeling down? My family? My mates?

Sod that.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #77419 on: June 24, 2014, 05:30:36 pm »

Brother just called to tell me our mom's heart surgery went well, but the post-op is not going well. Blood pressure barely hovering above 40, and they've had to scrub her plasma because of all the toxins in it.

Probably gonna have to go see her in the ICU (where she's still heavily sedated and on a breathing tube).

And before the sympathy train starts up, you don't have to. I'm not sad for her, I'm sad at all the work I'm going to have ahead of me if she dies what with dealing with the estate and house and such. I'm completely numb to any regard for her. I don't hate her or anything, it's just that she's like a distant relative who I don't particularly want to be around.

I guess I am sad for my kids. On top of not having a nuclear family, they don't even have two normal set of grandparents. My ex-wife's parents are the only ones we were close with, and her dad is fighting cancer. I was 16 before I lost a grandparent, and my daughter is probably going to lose two in the next year.
Well, I hope she pulls through, for her sake and yours.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #77420 on: June 24, 2014, 05:46:53 pm »

Getting real tired of watching over my brother and his friends they bring over. They've been coming over for most of the day every day for the last week and a half.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77421 on: June 24, 2014, 05:50:49 pm »

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:48:55 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77422 on: June 24, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »

Work was extremely busy, and I often spend time working alone. I mean, it's good for business to be busy, and it's good for my individual sales numbers, but damn am I tired. And now my daughter is being uncooperative.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77423 on: June 24, 2014, 06:04:32 pm »

*sigh*

Just got back from lunch with a friend whose mom recently died. This has been a rough week. The difficulty curve on life is waaaaay too steep.

My advice? Wear Hiking shoes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77424 on: June 24, 2014, 06:11:26 pm »

Sod that.
^
Pretty much note what you say before you say it Objective. Tact.
There's the attitude that exists solely on the idea of receiving--the problem here is that very few people are out there and giving what exactly the problem you state here is.

Maybe people should be less selfish and stop viewing everyone else as selfish and just give what's good to others more. But let's reword what you're saying Obj, because from recent note, it seems you can't differentiate those attitudes that are unwanted and the holistic person.
"Mankind should stop being so selfish and let those selfish attitudes die off." something something reword.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:13:20 pm by Tiruin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77425 on: June 24, 2014, 06:45:41 pm »

There's simply not enough help for all of us. There's starving third world country inhabitants whose hardship is so much that they might as well live in a different planet from us. There's people in developing countries who is stuck in a dead end job, doomed to suffer for the rest of their life, living only under the slim hope that things will get better.

The only reason for people like this to continue on, to suffer for others, is because of the lie fabricated by the upper class. Hope. They're all empty promises.

Death, on the other hand, is the only promise that can't be broken. The only true way for us to transcend this animalistic and selfish urge to live, to be slaves to this sadistic being called Life, is to die.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ghost of Forumites Past
    • View Profile
« Reply #77426 on: June 24, 2014, 06:46:56 pm »

Meh.  Life sucks for people.

I actually have a sad to share.  I am currently in a relationship with someone who I kinda care about, but she isn't the type of person who I really want to date.  The problem is, she's currently really depressed and has gone through a lot this year and I'm afraid that if I break up with her it might push her over the edge.  This is also why I said yes when she first asked me out.

Argle Bargle what do I do?
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77427 on: June 24, 2014, 06:49:16 pm »

* Kevak huggles Objective

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77428 on: June 24, 2014, 06:49:41 pm »

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:48:50 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77429 on: June 24, 2014, 06:59:19 pm »

* Kevak huggles Objective
Also this.
But yes--there is enough help for all of us.
Problem being, many things in between >_> Like people not acting, inaction, or the lack of action. For one point--I'm in a third world country. Most of our problems stem from either abuse of authority or lack of dutiful work done (I mean wow, food shortage--and our rice warehouses had rice being spoiled in storage because they were being unused, as an example)

On another note...4maskedwolf?
Alt of 4maskwolf? o-O
Pages: 1 ... 5160 5161 [5162] 5163 5164 ... 8158