Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6709 6710 [6711] 6712 6713 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8853882 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100650 on: January 11, 2016, 02:14:07 pm »

Weirdest thing is, I was *just* reading yesterday how he has this new high-art concept album coming out that's like a mixture of jazz, hip-hop, Krautrock and some other stuff. In keeping with music tradition, this will probably turn out to be his most critically acclaimed album ever. Interesting bit was how one of the studio musicians was quoted as saying that Bowie wasn't sick, that he came into the studio and belted it out and put 110% into it. Wonder if they even knew.

Apparently he was working on it on his deathbed, even.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100651 on: January 11, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »

This was great. Unless you're to the right of Sweden, I guess.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:48:07 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100652 on: January 11, 2016, 02:52:41 pm »

Doing the stay-awake-longer-than-24-hours thing that never actually fixes my sleep schedule, but it feels like it'll stop society's nagging faster than just waiting for your body to naturally adjust. I'm currently on the "fucking miserable" side of delirious from lack of sleep. Why can't I ever just pick the easier option and go to bed at a reasonable time each night?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100653 on: January 11, 2016, 02:57:23 pm »

This was great. Unless you're to the right of Sweden, I guess.
I dunno, they seem to think Hungary's pretty awesome. Or it would be, if it weren't for all the Hungarians.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100654 on: January 11, 2016, 02:58:45 pm »

For me, after ~48 hours without sleep the hallucinations start. It's... horrible, not very cool but still a bit... interesting, I guess.
As for the table - I dunno, they got the Poles pretty spot on, at least for the times.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100655 on: January 11, 2016, 04:08:53 pm »

Well, I worked out why I've been so gassy. My body's decided it would be a good idea to do some intestinal spring cleaning.
Out with the old, in with the flu?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100656 on: January 11, 2016, 04:11:03 pm »

Well, I worked out why I've been so gassy. My body's decided it would be a good idea to do some intestinal spring cleaning.
A good time to go make courtesy calls to 'friends' you really don't like.  ;D
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100657 on: January 11, 2016, 04:45:22 pm »

Out with the old, in with the flu?
Out with the old, in with nothing.

My belly's feeling emptier than I remember it being. Last time I had it this bad it was a reaction to amoxicillin (apparently the casing it's in can, with a greater than 1/10 frequency, cause the body's GI tract to go insane.)
You have my sympathy. I've had gastroenteritis more times than I can count, including a couple of cases triggered by antibiotics (erthyromycin was usually the one what done me wrong).

Make sure to keep pushing fluids (even if it seems like you just have a slip-and-slide that goes straight to the exit). The only thing worse than lying in bed while your body tries to turn inside out is lying in a hospital bed because you got so dehydrated that you required an IV (been there, done that 3 times).

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100658 on: January 11, 2016, 05:21:32 pm »

You have my sympathy. I've had gastroenteritis more times than I can count, including a couple of cases triggered by antibiotics (erthyromycin was usually the one what done me wrong).

Make sure to keep pushing fluids (even if it seems like you just have a slip-and-slide that goes straight to the exit). The only thing worse than lying in bed while your body tries to turn inside out is lying in a hospital bed because you got so dehydrated that you required an IV (been there, done that 3 times).
Thankfully, after a particularly harrowing toilet trip, it seems to be over.
The only thing worse than intestinal discomfort is...
... your cats insisting on jumping on your belly and starting to knead on it. Last time I had the gasses I got dogpiled by 4 cats.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100659 on: January 11, 2016, 05:21:46 pm »

Thankfully, after a particularly hollowing toilet trip, it seems to be over.
FTFY
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100660 on: January 11, 2016, 05:41:05 pm »

Guess who I found out died yesterday.
EDIT:
Major Tom has lost contact...
Can you hear me Major Tom?
oh fun now i'm crying over some bloke i never met god today is just fantastic
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:46:40 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100661 on: January 11, 2016, 05:56:54 pm »

I'm in basically the exact situation as GO, right down to:
Thankfully, after a particularly harrowing toilet trip, it seems to be over.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #100662 on: January 11, 2016, 05:58:53 pm »

I have an exam tomorrow and who cares about Proto indo-European, Grimm's Law, Catterick being derived from Latin catteracta meaning waterfall and other various facts.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100663 on: January 11, 2016, 07:14:49 pm »

Discovered the girl I mentioned earlier is preying on a lot of other people, not just me. Her latest victim is a guy who absolutely hates me for no reason. I want to say something but he won't listen to me.

She also tried to talk to me and then within an hour of me not responding because I was busy in class and other things, she shows up where I hang out to get away from her. I left right away because I'm hurt and upset and I was trying really hard not to punch the guy she came with. My friends actually had to help me calm down while one of my buddy's talked to her.

In this three minute window where I got up to go away, she pulled a 360 and told me she's done with me. Meanwhile, I didn't bother reading the text because I saw it was her and I was upset. My friends then had me go back and sit down near her and I tried really really really hard not to explode to the point one of my friends had to walk me out.

I asked her later when I saw her texts what invoked her to be "done" with me, mostly because, as I said, it doesn't make any sense to me. I know she's going to justify her shit, she may very well lie to me, and I'm pretty sure she's doing this so she doesn't feel guilty. I'm still waiting on a response, but she didn't want to answer me right away because she claimed she couldn't type (meanwhile she's sending me decent sized paragraphs) and would prefer I called her... Later this week. I told her to either end it now or don't bother ending it, because she's reluctant on doing so. Honesty, I'm not in a right mindset right now, so I'm thinking either way it goes, I'll be hurting but I'll be happy.

I also just ate shitty fries with chicken nuggets from McDonalds... Great helping my bad stomach that's upset from nerves and the cold...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100664 on: January 11, 2016, 07:20:20 pm »

A double ear infection finally subsides and turns into a crapton of congestion with bloody snot, enough to be noticeable, but not enough to warrant a doctors visit.
Pages: 1 ... 6709 6710 [6711] 6712 6713 ... 8158