Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698747 times)

Nakanja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2775 on: March 27, 2010, 01:11:09 pm »

A bit taller version:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wasn't sure what size would be best since the "X" made me think crates, but they'd have to be small enough for one dwarf to carry and they don't block movement.  I thought a stockpile all full of big boxes but with dwarves walking through them might look odd.

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: March 28, 2010, 02:18:21 am »

Very nice little tool.  Though, one request:  Don't use keys on the numpad.  I suspect that the refresh rate of Stonesense is inversely proportional to the framerate drop of DF when using it (I don't have the time to read through all the 100+ pages to make sure), so I'd love to drop the refresh rate of Stonesense.  However, I play DF on my laptop that has no numpad, so I can't alter the refresh rate using + and - on the numpad.  If the standard + and - were used, or if I could change hotkeys, that would be wonderful.
Since when has practical had anything to do with dwarfy?

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: March 28, 2010, 02:31:04 am »

Isn't the numpad doubled up on your laptop with the normal keys?  Eg. press FN+ something else to send the 'numpad +' command?

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: March 28, 2010, 02:59:29 am »

Suggestion for StoneSense:

Replay of movies

so we can watch epic fortress stories or tutorial tips in beautiful enviroment
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: March 28, 2010, 03:04:37 am »

Suggestion for StoneSense:

Replay of movies

so we can watch epic fortress stories or tutorial tips in beautiful enviroment

not possible.

movies only store the characters that are displayed. stonesense needs more information than that.
Very nice little tool.  Though, one request:  Don't use keys on the numpad.  I suspect that the refresh rate of Stonesense is inversely proportional to the framerate drop of DF when using it (I don't have the time to read through all the 100+ pages to make sure), so I'd love to drop the refresh rate of Stonesense.  However, I play DF on my laptop that has no numpad, so I can't alter the refresh rate using + and - on the numpad.  If the standard + and - were used, or if I could change hotkeys, that would be wonderful.

you can always change the refresh rate in the init.

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: March 28, 2010, 12:22:56 pm »

Isn't the numpad doubled up on your laptop with the normal keys?  Eg. press FN+ something else to send the 'numpad +' command?
It was on my old laptop, but not on this one.  Dell's not the brightest when it comes to laptop keyboard design, as the default state is I had to use FN to get to my function keys.  So, until I found the BIOS setting to flip that, I was turning off my wireless card every time I hit F2 to move my camera to the living quarters.

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: March 28, 2010, 01:47:56 pm »

That's a shame.  You can change the refresh rate in the init as Japa said, or if you want to be able to adjust it on the fly you could try a free program like KeyTweak:
http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

I've used it before, it works great.  Just assign whichever keys you like to the numpad + and - functions.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: March 28, 2010, 02:06:55 pm »

It was on my old laptop, but not on this one.  Dell's not the brightest when it comes to laptop keyboard design, as the default state is I had to use FN to get to my function keys.  So, until I found the BIOS setting to flip that, I was turning off my wireless card every time I hit F2 to move my camera to the living quarters.

I have Dell laptop (Latitude XT table) and numeric /*-+ is for me Fn with 0p;/
but I must press Fn with F4 first, to turn on numlock

hope it helps

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: March 28, 2010, 06:18:42 pm »

That's a shame.  You can change the refresh rate in the init as Japa said, or if you want to be able to adjust it on the fly you could try a free program like KeyTweak:
http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

I've used it before, it works great.  Just assign whichever keys you like to the numpad + and - functions.
Thanks, changed the refresh to about 1/s, it's a bit slow but I got about a 20% FPS boost from it.

I have Dell laptop (Latitude XT table) and numeric /*-+ is for me Fn with 0p;/
but I must press Fn with F4 first, to turn on numlock

hope it helps

FN+F4 merely dims my screen and FN+0p;/ does nothing for me.  The Inspiron models seems to simply lack numpads.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: March 28, 2010, 07:15:32 pm »

The Inspiron models seems to simply lack numpads.

I wonder what inspired that idea...
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: March 29, 2010, 01:04:10 am »

Will Stonesense ever be able to show mining designations? Preferably in their to-be-dug state, being able to differentiate between regular dig-designations and up/down-stair designations, for example. I feel like this might be a 'no,' but never hurts to ask.

ed- Actually, if this by chance does happen to be possible, would it be possible to have a toggle key that views said designations as they would be dug? It would be an immensely helpful tool if so.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #2786 on: March 29, 2010, 01:27:47 am »

Will Stonesense ever be able to show mining designations? Preferably in their to-be-dug state, being able to differentiate between regular dig-designations and up/down-stair designations, for example. I feel like this might be a 'no,' but never hurts to ask.
It actually is possible and was possible from the start. Also, in the more recent versions of dfhack, you can make just about any kind of designation (unless it requires creating new objects that is).

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: March 29, 2010, 03:42:42 am »

FN+F4 merely dims my screen and FN+0p;/ does nothing for me.  The Inspiron models seems to simply lack numpads.

what model is it?

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: March 29, 2010, 03:47:40 am »

Japa:

have you a plan to merge stonesense with dfhack 0.2.0? it supports multiple clients properly now, so i hope it helps with simultaneous runs, which are now somewhat laggy

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: March 29, 2010, 04:16:28 am »

Japa:

have you a plan to merge stonesense with dfhack 0.2.0? it supports multiple clients properly now, so i hope it helps with simultaneous runs, which are now somewhat laggy

Japa: since there is new version of dfhack, could you please add that to project and make 40d19.2 release again?

what's fixed: it should be possible to run stonesense and other therapist-dfhack simultaneous. it hangs/crashes now, sadly

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1947
!!!WARNING! UNTESTED AND QUITE POSSIBLY UNSTABLE!!!

I already did :/
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 379