Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1590529 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! "Insert witty tagline here for next few months"
« Reply #1935 on: September 14, 2010, 12:58:27 pm »

They're pretty worn, but I love these shoes. They're some kind of fusion between sneaker and sandal, and I've had them since midway through high school. One of the straps recently fell apart, but I learned how to stitch leather, and fixed them.

Spoiler: My footwear of choice (click to show/hide)

They've seen a lot of places with me. I wore them to Hawaii (parents got their honeymoon, and we got a vacation with the grandparents), California (everyone thought we were nuts to go swimming on Christmas, but the water was still as warm as the Great Lakes ever get), while hiking the Pictured Rocks (a beautiful coastal rock formation made out of sandstone), and camping on the dunes at Pioneer Park (sand dunes, pine forests, and a huge freshwater lake).
High five dude. I don't care if they make me look like a hipster, I love my sandals. The only boots I have are generic hiking boots I only really wear when things were drenched.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: September 14, 2010, 01:17:14 pm »

Ah well... the time has come to free my scalp from the shaggy burden it bears. When I return this evening, my head and my spirits will be lighter for it.

Spoiler: A Farewell to Hair (click to show/hide)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 14, 2010, 02:27:34 pm »

11.5? Me, too! I used to wear these almost 24/7 (Yes, you read that right, I could sleep in these):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No, I've never been in the army.

I still maintain that owning more than one pair of shoes is gay female.

I've got a similar pair of boots.  Something-something 'Panther', I think.  Not actually sure where they are at the moment so I can't give you the exact details.  But they are the kind of boot supplied to CIA and police forces, so I naturally had to call them my CIA boots.  Used them extensively at school in Norway, where I managed to work out how to walk in order to get the most impressive "*CLOMP*" out of them when my foot came down.  Great fun, and yes they are quite comfortable.

Mine are quite disgracefully scuffed up now...  I'm not completely sure how I managed to scrape the toes up so badly, but I think it may have had something to do with how I opened certain doors...  Just a guess.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: September 14, 2010, 03:08:14 pm »

Mine are quite disgracefully scuffed up now...  I'm not completely sure how I managed to scrape the toes up so badly, but I think it may have had something to do with how I opened certain doors...  Just a guess.
As how they should be. Having them all nice and shiny makes you look like an army twerp (they're worn by the army over here). Comfortable, water-tight, ankle-supporting (you can't twist your ankle in one) and very, very sturdy. Downsides: Slippery on snow and HEAVY. Up- and downside: *CLOMP* :) Nowadays I wear "normal" footwear, and I'm still amazed at how often I have to buy new ones. Those boots could last up to 4 years of continuous use.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 14, 2010, 07:20:53 pm »

Hair. :/

I did make sure to keep those hard-earned sideburns, though... and since Josh is gone, looks like I win the Sideburn Competition by default! Woo-Hoo!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: September 14, 2010, 08:42:23 pm »

I did make sure to keep those hard-earned sideburns, though... and since Josh is gone, looks like I win the Sideburn Competition by default! Woo-Hoo!

Not so fast! A challenger appears!
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: September 14, 2010, 09:55:09 pm »

A question for you all. What kind of spider is this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It lives in the kitchen window, and I know it's a crappy photo, but my wife is bothering me. You guys are smarter than I, so I figured I'd ask you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:40:03 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: September 14, 2010, 09:59:41 pm »

It's tough to tell the color, but I'm pretty certain that's an Orb Weaver. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's a Golden Orb Weaver, judging by the coloration and pattern.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 14, 2010, 10:03:26 pm »

Cool, thanks guys. This may help the mosquito problem.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: September 14, 2010, 10:32:29 pm »

Not so fast! A challenger appears!
(Snip: Sick Burns + Sun Conure)

I will concede defeat this time, Labs... but just you wait. The Sickburns Trophy will one day be mine!

I was digging around for a photo of the pet Carolina Wolf Spider I had when I first moved out, but had no luck. However, I did stumble upon a zip archive of old scanned photographs of me, going as far back as the late 80's.

I basically just found the largest trove of embarrassing small-me photos I have ever seen... and the only thing keeping me going through them is some twisted, morbid form curiosity.

I'm wrestling with whether I should post them or not. Can I count on anyone to back me up with other embarrassing photos?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: September 14, 2010, 10:40:28 pm »

Can I count on anyone to back me up with other embarrassing photos?

Don't have many, but I had one I was intending to post.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: September 14, 2010, 10:43:35 pm »

Victory is mine! I could probably dig up some old, embarassing pics. Gotta dust off the old scanner.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: September 14, 2010, 10:51:27 pm »

It's tough to tell the color, but I'm pretty certain that's an Orb Weaver. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's a Golden Orb Weaver, judging by the coloration and pattern.

That's a kickass spider. The most lovely spiders I've seen are Garden Spiders, huge, stark black-on-yellow with a legspan nearly as big as my hand. Sleek, too.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: September 14, 2010, 10:51:49 pm »

embarrasing photos.... yeah, I got some.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 987