Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391901 times)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.7
« Reply #960 on: March 17, 2011, 08:42:09 am »

actually, there's supposed to be a space after >, and a .txt is useful at the end.
No spaces neccessary, it works as is.
Finis sanctificat media.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #961 on: March 17, 2011, 08:52:30 am »

The best description of the problem can be found here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65326.0
Evidently, my kernel doesn't have the interface described there. I'm running Gentoo Linux with a custom-configured Zen kernel; if you're interested, you may take a look at the config: http://pastebin.com/hsuE0x6E
I any of the tools run and work, the kernel is probably fine.

Anyway, do the base dfhack tools work?
If I try running them before trying to run Stonesense, they don't:
Code: [Select]
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::MemoryXmlParse'
  what():  error 2: Failed to open file, at row 0 col 0
Aborted
Well, what are you doing to the poor tools here? They can't find the memory xml file they need. Remember that they look for it in the current working directory by default. The search path is actually 'burned' into the dfhack library when you compile it. I assume you did set the MEMXML_DATA_PATH cmake variable to something sane and stable instead of '.' before installing dfhack? Stonesense can be then built using the system-global DFHack without much fuss (and its own copy of memory.xml is ignored). Looking at it now, I think I'll change this around a bit...

But if I run Stonesense, let it crash, and then run DFHack tools, they seem to work.
I have no idea. It just seems totally wrong... nothing I'd ever see happening on any system. Still looks like some search path chaos to me :)

I'd also very much appreciate if you could run the dfincremental tool and give me the big list of numbers it prints out.
It's the least that I could do. http://pastebin.com/PbPHETTJ
Right. This seems fairly sane with one exception: the numbers should be really 32bit. Must be a dfhack bug introduced by some of the changes I merged recently.

I'm making some changes to the build system right now, so I'll see if I can make it a bit easier to work with.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:15:39 am by peterix »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 17, 2011, 12:52:39 pm »

okay here's a few things about this.
one you save swapping is safer than arena swapping well safer that there less screwing up and getting every one killed still chance of crash because of.
two do not try to swap to fort mode out of a abandon area causes a crash, not only that abandoning there kills the adventurer.
three make sure to remove designation on everything or the men will go around trying to smooth sand or dig through the already dug walls.
four remember the adventurer/leader of the group and protect him/her so that if the site goes south you can just saveswap to adventure mode Pull the doomsday lever and walk over to the emergency fort until you feel save enough to reclaim.
five if you have a noble take time to design a death trap and pick up my CarryEX addon to Dfusion nothing says FUN than dragging the purple plump stuffer(and his/her family) and dropping him/her(and their family) into a spike pit or a lair of captured Goblins, Bandits,Zombie Goblins and Bandits.

your wording is... confusing...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 17, 2011, 02:54:33 pm »

one you save swapping is safer than arena swapping well safer that there less screwing up and getting every one killed still chance of crash because of.
two do not try to swap to fort mode out of a abandon area causes a crash, not only that abandoning there kills the adventurer.
three make sure to remove designation on everything or the men will go around trying to smooth sand or dig through the already dug walls.
four remember the adventurer/leader of the group and protect him/her so that if the site goes south you can just saveswap to adventure mode Pull the doomsday lever and walk over to the emergency fort until you feel save enough to reclaim.
five if you have a noble take time to design a death trap and pick up my CarryEX addon to Dfusion nothing says FUN than dragging the purple plump stuffer(and his/her family) and dropping him/her(and their family) into a spike pit or a lair of captured Goblins, Bandits,Zombie Goblins and Bandits.

sorry let me clear it up a little.
From what I know you can skip using arena mode all together if you just save in the mode you want to use and reload it (if your in 0,0 you can just change it to 1,1 and hit esc and save the next time you boot up the save it would be in a different mode.). Also this doesn't stop the game from crashing if you swap to a non-embark site. Swapping over from adventure mode straight to fort mode I notice the game seem to designate or hide most of the open areas to fix it have someone mine a tile.
the remember the adventurer sentence was from when I had killed the leader in a freak bonfire in a bag incident that would force me to add every one to as a companion. (you can swap between both modes with out needing to reselect an adventurer and in adventure mode you still have all your companions.)
ignore Five.

so far the game will kick you out at a certain date or time span. I guess it from either migrants that can't come it or a merchant group either way it seems to be fine if you go into adventure mode and sleep through the day or days the game will force abandon.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 17, 2011, 03:50:05 pm »

actually, there's supposed to be a space after >, and a .txt is useful at the end.

Wait... where am I actually suposed to type this? Cause whatever I type dfprospector just closes and no files whatsoever appear ???

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 17, 2011, 03:52:34 pm »

open up a command window in the same folder as dfhack (if you have win7, hold shift and right click on the folder)

then you type in dfprospector.exe > output.txt

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 17, 2011, 04:10:21 pm »

Its time to have a little pity for those whose word kung-fu is weak.
Finis sanctificat media.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 17, 2011, 06:51:01 pm »

you mean this?

much better, by the way. thanks, rumrusher, nice finds

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 17, 2011, 07:46:20 pm »

your welcome. It sucks how I guess we can't get migrants with the short time frame the game gives us unless we go out and recruit them.
Working on another way to get pass aquifers by using adventure mode reactions. If you use the Bonfire mod and a couple of fire proof bags you could burn the water away so you could dig a layer down. Though there a chance of losing a miner or an adventurer in attempting this at an one tile up/down stairwell so proceed with caution.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 18, 2011, 01:41:31 am »

you mean this?

much better, by the way. thanks, rumrusher, nice finds
Nope. I meant for all of us foreigners whose native language differs from english.
Finis sanctificat media.

Mrhnhrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.8
« Reply #970 on: March 18, 2011, 12:25:06 pm »

I assume you did set the MEMXML_DATA_PATH cmake variable to something sane and stable instead of '.' before installing dfhack?
No, I was oblivious of its existence. However, I noticed that make install-ing an earlier version DFHack had copied Memory.xml to /usr/share or some subdirectory of it, which made me believe that DFHack-dependent tools will probably seek Memory.xml there. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that the more recent version of DFHack that's currently installed here doesn't automatically copy this file in the installation process. My bad.

/* a placeholder for a clever signature */

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #971 on: March 18, 2011, 03:06:01 pm »

I assume you did set the MEMXML_DATA_PATH cmake variable to something sane and stable instead of '.' before installing dfhack?
No, I was oblivious of its existence. However, I noticed that make install-ing an earlier version DFHack had copied Memory.xml to /usr/share or some subdirectory of it, which made me believe that DFHack-dependent tools will probably seek Memory.xml there. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that the more recent version of DFHack that's currently installed here doesn't automatically copy this file in the installation process. My bad.
Well, I do use this variable because it's hard to know where the whole thing will end up when someone is packaging it. Say in archlinux, where the packaging script sets the install prefix to a temp directory. If I used the install path as a base for MEMXML_DATA_PATH, it would never be found after installing the package.

I made some changes to the whole build process that allow making portable packages. The default behavior is the same, but there are more options now.
Examples follow... (mostly starting in dfhack/build):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:08:46 pm by peterix »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 18, 2011, 06:47:48 pm »

What does "memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer" mean?
I get it whenever I run any of the tools. I'm running this on Wine with Ubuntu 10.10.

What makes no sense is that the 31.19 versions and earlier versions of dfhack worked just fine.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #973 on: March 18, 2011, 07:34:58 pm »

What does "memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer" mean?
I get it whenever I run any of the tools. I'm running this on Wine with Ubuntu 10.10.
This means something is very broken. None of the recognized windows DF versions have this offset /unset/. What exactly is running inside wine? DF AND the tools? If so, what was the last dfhack version that worked for you?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 18, 2011, 10:28:47 pm »

Whichever version worked for 31.19. I know for a fact that version 5.1 worked, I think versions 5.2 and 5.3 worked as well, but I'm not sure. Both DF and the tools are running in wine.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 108