Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366587 times)

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2010, 04:42:08 am »

Bad news. I implemented setting the mood skill and it still causes them to go berserk if you set a mood. I'm guessing you need them to have mood materials to, however these aren't present unless it's a real mood and currently its not something that can be set.
That's a shame, It's a thing I was really looking forward to doing. But will it be possible to change the materials required for a dwarf already in a mood? Becuase not having berzerk/stark raving/melancholy dwarves due to lack of shells would be awesome.

Nice work implementing position changing btw.
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2010, 05:01:49 am »

Bad news. I implemented setting the mood skill and it still causes them to go berserk if you set a mood. I'm guessing you need them to have mood materials to, however these aren't present unless it's a real mood and currently its not something that can be set.
That's a shame, It's a thing I was really looking forward to doing. But will it be possible to change the materials required for a dwarf already in a mood? Becuase not having berzerk/stark raving/melancholy dwarves due to lack of shells would be awesome.

Nice work implementing position changing btw.
Yeah there is already some code towards that goal in the app, it's just commented out for release builds until it's done. It's a slightly bigger task than the additions to this update.

V0.1.4 released & uploaded, done some testing and it seems ok, but I imagine you lot will find a bug or two. I hope not though, would do more but going to bed now as it's 4am.

V0.1.4 Changes:
  • Added position editing
  • Added mood skill editing
  • Added missing attributes
  • Fixed keyboard navigation in the dwarf and creature tables
  • Some minor internal optimisation

SUPER SWEET! Those gobbos will not know what hit 'em (Actually, they will. A piece of the floor as they're falling from 400 Z up in the sky.) :P

This utility has progressed so much, I can't even fathom why I was playing DF without it. Runesmith will eventually be the all-in-one for serious DF hacking.

Minor request, if possible: Does dfhack have the ability to find the flag that sets 'On Break' status for a dorf? If so, can you add this feature to the Flags tab in Runesmith? It kinda ticks me off that my broker is "on break" and there are three different caravans waiting in the depot ::).

Try the "Has Breaks" flag between "Had Mood" and "Has Moods", it might (should?) do what you want, not sure as I haven't tried it before...

So sizeak...

I used your program for the first time today...

I am...

Very pleased ;)

The interface is very easy to use. I like how easy it is to mod stats.

Keep up the good work, now all you need to implement is the tile editor and I'd cuddle up next to you ;P lol... jk... or am I?

Ahahaha glad you like it

I do believe the bottommost tag overwrites the topmost one. I recall toady mentioning that you can't have one caste with both tags, so I assume it is a conflict.  And usually in the raws in the case of conflicting tags the tag that appears later in the entry overwrites the earlier ones.

This post is mostly just here to get this thread into my updated topics list.   Nice work so far.

Thanks much for the response. I was actually hoping that they'd work together; it would allow me to mod "self-replicating" creatures such as oozes and other slimies.

Following up on this, I wonder if dfhack library has an offset that toggles pregnancy; this should allow for quick catsplosion :D.

It supports stuff to do with the pregnancy timer, but I don't think it's working with 2010 yet
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:29:54 am by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2010, 07:39:41 am »

well with [can_speak] one could recruit just about any wildlife with this utility.

with the apart of player civ in the misc section.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

rgon842

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2010, 12:05:26 pm »

Try the "Has Breaks" flag between "Had Mood" and "Has Moods", it might (should?) do what you want, not sure as I haven't tried it before...

I actually have tried the 'Has Breaks' tag; and like the goggles, it does nothing. It seems to me that the tag actually MIGHT prevent dorfs from having breaks in the future, but for those who are already lazing around, it doesn't really do anything. Even the old 40d trick of recruiting in military and releasing them does not work; as soon as they're off the squad, they go back to being 'on break'. ::)

It probably has something to do with a timer as well; maybe disabling this timer or modifying it to an absurdly higher number might stop the dwarf going on break.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2010, 08:43:07 am »

editing position sounds dangerous.
but it will be usefull in dropping goblins into the underworld

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2010, 11:50:01 am »

Might add a kill button and the functionality to select multiple creatures...
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2010, 12:00:08 pm »

Please just be sure to make forgotten beasts killable. I've had combat last 3/4 of a year and still loose dwarves while every single part of the beast's body was red.... *sigh*
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2010, 02:27:19 pm »

Please just be sure to make forgotten beasts killable. I've had combat last 3/4 of a year and still loose dwarves while every single part of the beast's body was red.... *sigh*

Use the "Dead" flag in Runesmith. It will instantly be dead as soon as the changes are written to DF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2010, 03:06:37 pm »

Use the "Dead" flag in Runesmith. It will instantly be dead as soon as the changes are written to DF
not just dead, completly wiped from existance. anything in its inventory and all of its still attached parts will be no more.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2010, 03:27:01 pm »

there is a vanish flag in Runesmith if you have that much of a grudge with them.

still why do that when you could tame and use them for your own needs.
nothing like having a mini army of titans ready to attack on your command (might need slavery enhancer to swap between the race in military to fill them in.).

what runesmith needs is a Heal section so one could revive some dead person and end up with a ghost of them(no body parts when rez).
"body swapping and YOU!"

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2010, 03:29:04 pm »

there is a vanish flag in Runesmith if you have that much of a grudge with them.

nothing like having a mini army of titans ready to attack on your command (might need slavery enhancer to swap between the race in military to fill them in.).

what runesmith needs is a Heal section so one could revive some dead person and end up with a ghost of them(no body parts when rez).
^This. If it's possible, the ability to resurrect dead dwarves would be brilliant, Sizeak. 
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2010, 04:25:51 pm »

^This. If it's possible, the ability to resurrect dead dwarves would be brilliant, Sizeak.
it has been done, however there has been no reliable utility to do so since the last few versions.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2010, 04:27:11 pm »

well you can resurrect (tick off dead and killed from the creature) it's just they would keep their old wounds and die again and since DF keeps track of their deaths and will shutdown.
now the old ways to beat this was swapping the race of that dead dwarf with a Bronze colossus and wait out the fatal signs. some how with the hospital/lack of race swapping it makes reviving a tad hard.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2010, 09:37:50 pm »

i think theres a funny thing with the "player civilization True/false" thing. not entirely sure its working as intended if its working at all as i have a cave full of ant people who have that ticked but arent part of my dwarf civ.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:19:00 pm by Adultratedhydra »
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2010, 09:54:06 pm »

Nice to see a successor to DC!

Me, I WAS going to press the dead flag on a group of goblin ambushers, turn my axedwarves into superlegendary freaks, and make a fisherdwarf actually capable of fishing...

...but then I noticed something very odd.
(WARNING, HFS AHEAD)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106