Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366058 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1170 on: June 13, 2011, 10:56:14 am »

Very good tool, the only downside is sometimes it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:02:21 am by Mr. Dwarfinton »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 13, 2011, 11:16:36 am »

Yeah, it could probably do with a bit of maintenance. I haven't really had the time or energy to touch it in quite a while (apart from the occasional offset update).
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 14, 2011, 07:45:26 am »

Quick question. Is there any way to make mood setting work in this version? TBH it's pretty much the only thing I'd like to use runesmith for (sure having 10000 attributes on your miners is kinda funny but it gets boring quick xP)

Bump? :P. Can anyone tell me if there is any way to make moods work?
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 14, 2011, 07:48:22 am »

I don't think so at the moment, turning them off should be safe... (I hope)
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 09, 2011, 08:04:13 pm »

the only downside is sometimes it doesn't work.

EVER. It never works for me. it works for NEARLY EVERYONE ELSE! WHY ME!? WHY DOES ARMOK PUNISH ME SO?!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 10, 2011, 05:59:50 am »

the only downside is sometimes it doesn't work.

EVER. It never works for me. it works for NEARLY EVERYONE ELSE! WHY ME!? WHY DOES ARMOK PUNISH ME SO?!

Are you using SDL?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 11, 2011, 07:24:55 pm »

yes! all it does it sit there! I click connect...nothing. I click refresh...nothing! WHAT IN ARMOK'S NAME AM I DOING WRONG!?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Maple1eaf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 04, 2011, 02:50:05 am »

BUMMMP =)

Yeah i can't get it to start either :*( i keep getting "RSexception" and i really need to stop that tantrum spiral. shit happens when your popular miner hits the wrong rock

Merijeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 06, 2011, 02:44:23 pm »

What should be a simple question...

I can see how to modify skill levels, but how do I just plain add a skill to one of my peons?

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 06, 2011, 03:02:39 pm »

Maple, what OS are you using?
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 06, 2011, 03:07:55 pm »

I can see how to modify skill levels, but how do I just plain add a skill to one of my peons?

I don't think adding skills is possible sadly.  I'm not the guy who made this but I seem to recall that the issue is that it can only modify existing memory locations.  It's a major technical problem inherent to memory editing itself, and how Dwarf Fortress stores skill data.

Adding a new skill would require the program to set aside a new area of memory, which even if it did work, Dwarf Fortress would not recognize it because it didn't set aside the memory itself.  If it didn't set it aside itself, it doesn't know to look for it.

Best way to add a skill is have your guy do some job or something they never did before, once.  That allows them to gain one point of skill in it, and makes DF set aside the memory for the added skill, and then you turn that skill into what you want.  Since DF itself set aside the space it knows there is something relevant to your creature's skills there.  And once that data exists, it can be changed by runesmith.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 06, 2011, 04:49:27 pm »

I don't think adding skills is possible sadly.  I'm not the guy who made this but I seem to recall that the issue is that it can only modify existing memory locations.  It's a major technical problem inherent to memory editing itself, and how Dwarf Fortress stores skill data.

Adding a new skill would require the program to set aside a new area of memory, which even if it did work, Dwarf Fortress would not recognize it because it didn't set aside the memory itself.  If it didn't set it aside itself, it doesn't know to look for it.

Best way to add a skill is have your guy do some job or something they never did before, once.  That allows them to gain one point of skill in it, and makes DF set aside the memory for the added skill, and then you turn that skill into what you want.  Since DF itself set aside the space it knows there is something relevant to your creature's skills there.  And once that data exists, it can be changed by runesmith.

+1

Maple1eaf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 06, 2011, 11:30:00 pm »

Maple, what OS are you using?

Thanks for the reply, I'm using Windows 7

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 07, 2011, 12:35:44 am »

I'd like to use Runesmith to kill a dwarf AND produce a body.  Is this possible and how?  I feel like I've tried all the health-related tags, and making the target hostile just leads to its killer becoming an enemy of the civilisation and group it itself is a part of.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 07, 2011, 01:36:29 am »

I'd like to use Runesmith to kill a dwarf AND produce a body.  Is this possible and how?  I feel like I've tried all the health-related tags, and making the target hostile just leads to its killer becoming an enemy of the civilisation and group it itself is a part of.
Well you could teleport the dwarf to a high area and have it fall to it's doom.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 106