Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 311708 times)

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.19] Fortress Defense Mod II v5: Nightwings consume fear, not food!
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2011, 11:14:21 pm »

No, no. Their flesh is NOT magma safe as I've found, only their bones are.

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2011, 06:01:54 am »

I was reading the Elephant description, and I scrolled down in the middle of it to read the rest. I scrolled too far and read the middle of the night wing description instead:

"No, that size is not a typo. Elephants are massive, and they have come to lay waste to your fort just as they did the fortresses of old, only this time they come wielding cruel weapons of steel, experience neither pain nor fear, disable your traps, are free of any need for breath or nourishment, and worst of all, they can fly on their leathery wings."

When elephants can fly...
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
I heard that I died.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
It was inevitable.
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
Goodbye.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
Goodbye.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2011, 07:18:51 am »

killerdumbos from beyond the realms of horror? :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2011, 07:25:12 am »

I can't wait for my first siege I already have a defense plan.
I will seal my entrance off, byild another layer of walls ontop, build a bridge, and build ramps down.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2011, 11:07:57 am »

I was reading the Elephant description, and I scrolled down in the middle of it to read the rest. I scrolled too far and read the middle of the night wing description instead:

"No, that size is not a typo. Elephants are massive, and they have come to lay waste to your fort just as they did the fortresses of old, only this time they come wielding cruel weapons of steel, experience neither pain nor fear, disable your traps, are free of any need for breath or nourishment, and worst of all, they can fly on their leathery wings."

When elephants can fly...

It might be likely than you think...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:14:49 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 05, 2011, 09:58:50 am »

So, I started a fort and my first migrant wave brought me a high master weaponsmith and a something or other armorer. No sieges yet though, and my 19 soldiers are waiting for a fight.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 05, 2011, 10:07:40 am »

Argh! The hellfire imps blew up my drawbridge! They aren't allowed to do that! The three other sieges took advantage of that to storm my fortress, but fortunately the military was up to handling them. Still, that was a nasty, nasty surprise.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 05, 2011, 10:49:45 am »

I don't have a military I have like thirty war dogs, thirty goat kids, and about 150 other animals ( I mean that literally )

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 05, 2011, 11:14:19 am »

i want the dark stranglers to use armor, just some mail shirts. for use in military, aswell to have more FUN. how? i tried messing around their ENTITY file. but id does not work. some instructions, please?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 05, 2011, 12:40:36 pm »

I am going to make a fortress with just wood. See how long I last with just crossbows, and wood wepons.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2011, 07:52:51 pm »

i want the dark stranglers to use armor, just some mail shirts. for use in military, aswell to have more FUN. how? i tried messing around their ENTITY file. but id does not work. some instructions, please?
They dont have access to the jobs needed to produce those pieces I believe.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 06, 2011, 06:41:31 am »

I am going to make a fortress with just wood. See how long I last with just crossbows, and wood wepons.

Tried something like that in vanilla a year ago, was quite Fun! I doubt it would be possible now without danger rooms, experience is painfully slow to gain now.

I think I'll give this mod a shot after my succession fort's turn.  Does it work well in .31.19?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 06, 2011, 08:23:20 am »

Yay it does I play it in latest version, and so far no problems.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 06, 2011, 11:14:04 am »

Try giving their creature file entry [EQUIPS]. You might also need to copy the appropriate item entries for weapons/armor from other entities.

Tried something like that in vanilla a year ago, was quite Fun! I doubt it would be possible now without danger rooms, experience is painfully slow to gain now.

I think I'll give this mod a shot after my succession fort's turn.  Does it work well in .31.19?

I checked over the changes from .18 to .19, and the only significant change that needed taking care of was related to the food requirements of civs in legends mode.

As for the new version, this mod should still theoretically be compatible with it. I haven't noticed any game breaking bug fixes, although if you're trying to fight off endless waves of sieges without steel, all I have to say is...godspeed.

On a slightly off-topic note, I went to go post in the Raspeddiamonds thread, only to see that I was already the penultimate post.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:20:00 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

I'm playing the 31.18 version and at this rate, my 30 dwarf military will have steel equipment before the first siege! I had most, if not all, civs at embark and it's almost the end of my second year. Is this normal?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 80