Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501294 times)

ZachUSAman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1395 on: April 15, 2011, 01:50:40 pm »

also, dear everyone. there is currently 35 of you doing nothing, and there is an artifact quality floodgate just sitting on the floor.
PUT IT ON THE GOD DAMN ARTIFACT STORAGE ROOM ALREADY OR SOMEBODY IS GOING TO BE DIGGING OUR NEW MAGMA PIPES!!

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 15, 2011, 04:43:14 pm »

Dear Goblin Prisoners,

See all that purple stuff surrounding your cages?  That's miasma.  You know where it comes from?  FROM THE ROTTING CORPSES OF APPROXIMATELY 40 OF YOUR FELLOW GOBLINS WHO WERE SLAUGHTERED WITHOUT MERCY! (and frankly with quite a lot of enjoyment.)

SMELL MY VICTORY STENCH!!  SMELL IT!!!

MUahahhahahahahahhahahahahah!!!

Yrs Laughing Maniacally,
Supreme and Omniscient Overlord

p.s.  MWWAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 16, 2011, 07:01:06 am »

Dear Urist McMiner,
I know the herbalist is your friend, and he hosted a party, but you should be mining cobalt.
The werewolves want us dead, here.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Mcducks22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 16, 2011, 08:57:15 am »

Dear Urist McMason:

You know that wall you were ordered to build? I ordered it because there were twenty demons making their way up the stairs. You were our only hope at stopping them. So why, WHY did you decide to stop because you saw a demon when you were five seconds away from finishing?? You IDIOT!

Sincerely, all the 73 dwarfs who blame their deaths on you!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 17, 2011, 10:50:21 am »

To: Urist McMayor
Re: Mandates

We do not have any lead. Therefore, lay pewter is very hard to make, despite our abundance of its two other ingredients. You are very lucky that one bar of lead makes four bars of lay pewter, and that a single cage produces a full bar when melted. I do not like giving my nobles magma baths, but I will if I have to.

Ahahaha hey you know what? those bars you had forged? totally good enough for me!

To: Urist McMayor

Smart man.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Cromage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 17, 2011, 02:30:29 pm »

Dear Urist McMayor,

Your dedication to duty is commendable, as is your humble belief that no dwarf, no matter what their station, is too high to perform ordinary tasks.

However, most of the workforce is currently free to perform these duties as well, and YOU have a meeting with the outpost liason. Please stop picking plump helmets/rearranging the cattle and MEET with him.

Sincerely, One Who Watches Your Sorry Ass

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1401 on: April 17, 2011, 05:54:26 pm »

From Urist mcmayor, to Overseer,
i'm sorry, but my colleagues of Trusseltruth do the same thing, we have forged an Union and are currently on the "non meeting liasons" strike. Please respect my workers rights. Just until i ask you for obviously un-obtainable items.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1402 on: April 17, 2011, 07:34:53 pm »

Dear Urist McWeaponsmith,
THANK YOU. You went in a secretive mood, grabbed a bar of iron, and made an artifact battle axe. Which, conveniently enough, is my very first actually useful artifact that isn't furniture. I mean sure, Urist McCarpenter's barrel isn't bad, but it can't cut stuff like your axe. I'm sure that Urist McAxedorf will enjoy using it! For this, you earn a cool name.

Sincerely,
A for once very pleased floating X

---

Dear Human McPlayer,
Remember to check what's beneath a lake before crashing a floor through it. You managed to burn all our gems with magma due to this. Also, please be careful around volcanoes. Lava is awesome, but it's fluid and pretty hot too. Our brains can't compute consequences as of yet, so you have to do that for us.

Yours carefully,
The dorfs of Beardfortress
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 17, 2011, 09:14:44 pm »

Dear all dwarves,
Stay away from the blizzard man. It is dangero...

Dear all surviving dwarves,
Stay away from where a near-death expedition leader is keeping the aforementioned blizzard man busy by being strangled and not moving while the blizzard man constantly passes out from exhaustion.

Dear Urist McExpeditionLeader,
If you survive long enough that the blizzard man gets bored, you are getting the best tomb I can give you and an awesome accident. If you die first, and the fort survives, you will get the first tomb. Either way, I thank you.
And if you kill the beast, you are getting an awesome bedroom and private dining room, along with an awesome office, and the office of sheriff. Good luck.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 17, 2011, 09:18:38 pm »

Dear Urist McFisherDwarf and Urist McGrower and Urist McCrafter:

I understand that you were attacked by alligators and died horrible deaths. However, Alligators are slow creatures and leave you alone unless provoked. Why did you feel the ned to poke the alligator? Thanks to you, the 4 surviving dwarves are likely to starve to death.

Sincerely,
Sting_Auer
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 18, 2011, 01:26:02 am »

Starve? You are playing on glacier/desert?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 18, 2011, 03:43:18 am »

To: Dead military
RE: Battle with jabberer

Come on, did you have to commit suicide by attacking one at a time?
You had decent weaponry.
Just gang up on it.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 18, 2011, 02:29:11 pm »

I understand that you were attacked by alligators and died horrible deaths. However, Alligators are slow creatures and leave you alone unless provoked. Why did you feel the ned to poke the alligator? Thanks to you, the 4 surviving dwarves are likely to starve to death.

Sincerely,
Sting_Auer

umm alligators tend to be quite agressive once you enter their personal space.. wich seems to be quite large^^

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 18, 2011, 03:05:59 pm »

Sincerely,
Sting_Auer

umm alligators tend to be quite agressive once you enter their personal space.. wich seems to be quite large^^

Think about it. Dwarves eat mostly meat and cheese, and live entirely off of alcohol. They also can't be very fast, with those short legs. To an alligator, they must look like dinner-for-four on wheels.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 19, 2011, 06:46:26 am »

Sincerely,
Sting_Auer

Think about it. Dwarves eat mostly meat and cheese, and live entirely off of alcohol. They also can't be very fast, with those short legs. To an alligator, they must look like dinner-for-four on wheels.

i lost several embarks due to alligators in a nearby streams that chased and hunted down nearby dwarfs :/ to the extend that the dwarfs didnt even get the threat or were far to slow for those gators
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 504