Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501380 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2025 on: July 26, 2011, 10:23:42 pm »

Dear Urist McBatlover,
Your beloved bat is, indeed, just out of your reach. Suck it up.

Dear All Others,
If you need an empty animal trap to move the other tame bats around, LEAVE A TAME BAT IN EACH LIKE I REQUESTED! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE ONE IT LOOKS LIKE I ASKED FOR!

Sincerely,
GWG, Ovrsr.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: July 26, 2011, 11:03:25 pm »

Dear Urist McLeroyJenkins,

The order to return to your barracks was not a suggestion. You cannot kill 75 goblins by yourself. Reinforcements are not coming. And for Armok's sake, refill your quiver now and then.

Sincerely,
???

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 27, 2011, 07:10:04 am »

Dear Urist McLeroyJenkins,

The order to return to your barracks was not a suggestion. You cannot kill 75 goblins by yourself. Reinforcements are not coming. And for Armok's sake, refill your quiver now and then.

Sincerely,
???

Dear ???

At least i have Dwarven Syrup Roast

Sincerely,
Urist McLeroyJenkins

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 27, 2011, 12:09:12 pm »

Dear Urist McArmourer,
When I saw you arrive in our humble fortress and saw you were a legendary armourer, I was ecstatic. I greeted you with open arms, visions of the finest of armours bein produced as soon as the traders arrived with metal.
For as you became aware, we were without such in this strange, sandy hell.

Then, when the traders arrived with but two bars of iron, I let it slide. Your day would come... the iron was too precious to waste.  Your strange mood hit I wasn't paying attention.
And you took the iron before I could stop you.

I wish I could continue this in a more literate manner, but I am afraid that my only response to your crafting a shield when our only weapons are wood is that I am going to kill you. I am even now crafting an elaborate water slide to launch you into the 300' valley we have built on.  I hate you. I am putting more effort into your spectacular death than I ever have into goblin murder.  I hope your soul ends somewhere fiery and horrifying you mud-sucking stuntie.

sincerely,
The Man Who Hates You

PS- Your cat is already dead.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Brackev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 27, 2011, 01:39:09 pm »

Dear Urnst McHunter,

You have emptied the caverns, surface, tunnels, hidey-holes, food storage areas, and everywhere else of anything huntable.  We got it.  A year ago.  I'm now making you a shearer.  We have no sheep.  Deal with it.

-The owner

Dear Urnst McBrokerMayor,

You are a broker, you deal with the trading.  You should not be the mayor, you should not deal with the liason.  We need both at the same time and you are only one dwarf.  I want trade, not talk, from you.

-The owner
-------

Dinos with hammers, there is no escape.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 27, 2011, 02:11:06 pm »

Dear Mr Miner,

If you've been given bad mining plans that have resulted in you digging yourself into an inescapable hole, if you're becoming dehydrated, and you are then given new designations to mine your way out, don't choose that moment to go on break.  Because you might die of thirst before you get out.  Oh, you have?  Well, it's your own stupid lazy fault.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 27, 2011, 02:46:35 pm »

My dearest broker,
It has been two years. Every caravan visit, you eat, sleep, drink, take a break, in a rotation until they leave. I know I can replace you, and I have, with someone far more capable.  I am not, however, given to forgiveness and therefore you are also cued up for the waterslide of penance.  I would kill your cat as well, but you have no pets.

Your friend,
Mgmt
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 28, 2011, 05:03:32 am »

Dear Hairy Potter,

Your kiln is built next to a wall of fire clay.  There are lumps of fire clay literally AT YOUR FEET.  If you persist in trekking 700 squares away to pick up Kaolinite and make porcelain instead of the stoneware I WANT, I will put YOU in the kiln and set it to "EXTREME PREJUDICE."

No love,
GOD.

(Update: Alternately, you can be eaten by a giant badger sow, because you FAILED TO MAKE STONEWARE BRICKS FOR THE WALLS. Your replacement has things in hand.  As you managed to die 700 tiles away from anything but forbidden piles of Kaolinite, your ghost will NOT be laid to rest, and you can spend the rest of eternity contemplating how badly you have failed.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:19:35 am by Mount »

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: July 28, 2011, 05:44:36 am »

Dear Urist McMasons:

Hurry the feck up! There be goblins on their way!

Sincerely, OhShitIForgotTheMilitia
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 28, 2011, 08:16:15 am »

Dear UristMcBuilder,
So you start building a kitchen which is outmost important for your hungering comrades...AND YOU DECIDE TO STOP IT BECAUSE OF A CAT?!?!?!?!?WTF!
Sincerely,Gotta butcher the cats
You just can't trust allies

karloss99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 28, 2011, 10:07:35 am »

Dear UristMcStupidhunter

I know, I know...
After arriving at our glorious fortress You wanted to prove yourself.
Was going after a Giant cave spider the only way to do it? :o I would not be so unhappy had you only managed to kill yourself BUT.

One (1) of my military and my Chief Medical Dwarf (Oh Noes!) got killed by that very spider.
It even got a name - Sheriklisid - for about a day, before the rest of my military got there...

Busy designating tombs.
The Overseer.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 28, 2011, 10:20:56 am »

Dear Likod, Mayor whom I'm pretty sure is bugged, because nobles don't make this many mandates.

No. Not now. Not ever.

Yours sincerely,
Rowan
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Fahgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 28, 2011, 01:30:33 pm »

Dear Urist McMason a.k.a Speedy Gonzales

Well... I will say you definitely deserve that sock. You walked outside to claim some clothes to put in your new room, only to stumble upon a Gobbo ambush (luckily all melee). After having you hand bruised by the leaders iron maul you decided to run, not to safety on the other side of the traps, but halfway across the map. Despite the fact you had to run through the whole gob squad to do so. Normally this would cause me to roll my eyes at yet another stupid suicide but you surprised me. You outran all of them. So great was your turn of speed that you completely destroyed their morale. They left! Well... except one that tried chasing one of the kids and landed up caged. But the rest just upped and left! Gave up chasing you then gave up all together. They couldn't even be bothered to try to chase you as you nonchalantly strolled back to that sock.

So… enjoy the sock. You earned it.

Yours mildly surprised
The voices in your head (that you only occasionally listen to).

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 28, 2011, 02:12:24 pm »

Dear Urist McWimpAss,

You think I care that the place where I want you to build a wall has 2/7 water in it? The water is POURING INTO OUR FORTRESS. That's why I want you to build a WALL. So it... you know... doesn't flood? If you can't handle ankle-high water, how do you think you'll stand up to the inevitable horde of treehugging scum that we sold wooden crafts to three seasons ago?

Sincerely,

Armok's little helper #2401

rumpy46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 28, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »

Dear Urist McMilitarydorfs,

Please, there are plenty of perfectly good copper weapons and armour for you, so use them. I understand that wooden weapons are less dangerous should you drop them, but that deer it took you two years to kill certainly didn't appreciate it.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 504