Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498712 times)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2055 on: August 08, 2011, 07:47:57 pm »

Dear Urist McWhomeverBitTheForgottenBeastInTheHeadAndKilledIt,

Why?

Yrs,
Apparently Not That Omniscient Overlord

Dear Overlord;

I got sick of kiten tallow biscuits and decided to try something else.

Sincerely.
Urist McCrazy
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: August 08, 2011, 09:41:00 pm »

Dear Urist Mcfeymood...
Why, oh why, do you insist on waiting to continue gathering items when the fortress doesn't have 1 item you wanted, but it's in the middle of the list so you stop?
I have a hard enough time figuring out what, exactly, you're missing when you list vague items, let alone when you refuse to clarify which item on the list we're missing.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: August 08, 2011, 09:50:13 pm »

Dear entire military,

Please, when I tell you to equip the weapons we have laying around the fortress, please do so. Wrestling a Nightwing isn't working out for you. I hoped you would think a spear or a halberd would help - this thing has been ripping you all to bits on its own. Stop using your bare hands.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: August 08, 2011, 09:55:49 pm »

To the moody craftsdwarves/eldricht horrors that occasionally possess them;

Re; Artifact decoration.

Stop. With. The Elves.  Every second artifact that gets produced has at least one image of a goddamn elf on it.  Honestly, I'm getting worried about where your allegiances lie.  The damned things have only ever turned up to attack us twice in about 25 years and both times they got slaughtered.  If this continues, I'm gonna rig up magma channels with floodgates to the workshops to deal with this.  You are all on notice!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: August 08, 2011, 10:14:57 pm »

Dear Urist Mcfeymood...
Why, oh why, do you insist on waiting to continue gathering items when the fortress doesn't have 1 item you wanted, but it's in the middle of the list so you stop?
I have a hard enough time figuring out what, exactly, you're missing when you list vague items, let alone when you refuse to clarify which item on the list we're missing.

The order they list them in is the order they want to collect. Use [t] to figure out what they don't have.

Dear goblins:

Please go away. You've murdered all of my surface-side dwarves and nearly half of my military, which is embarrasing. Now bugger off.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: August 09, 2011, 12:14:13 am »

Dear Urist Mcfeymood...

The order they list them in is the order they want to collect. Use [t] to figure out what they don't have.

Dear goblins:

Please go away. You've murdered all of my surface-side dwarves and nearly half of my military, which is embarrasing. Now bugger off.
der ovser,

send moar dorfs

te gblns
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: August 09, 2011, 03:42:41 am »

Dear overseer,

Please quit vomiting in the booze and making it explode.

-G
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: August 09, 2011, 04:49:13 am »

Dear military of Lightcities,

I told you to train, every month. You only have to pair up to train. I turned off all your other labors.

So how is it that a half dozen greenie ambushers mowed down over a half of you?

Deciding between upgrading you to iron until we get steel done or just sending you off for wrestler training,
the overseer.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: August 09, 2011, 07:01:09 pm »

Dear UristMcMason,

You haven't had any work to do since you finished all the major construction projects and built cabinets for everyone's quarters about seven months ago. There's a forgotten beast in the caverns now and I need you to build one square of floor over the entrance before it gets loose in the fort and murders everyone. Maybe you understand now that THERE IS NOT A SINGLE DAMNED REASON FOR YOU TO BE "ON BREAK!"

Sincerely the voice that tells you to do things.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: August 10, 2011, 06:55:18 pm »

Dear Urist McHauler

There is a stockpile clearly labelled 'metal strands' right next to the strand extractor's workshop and just above the magma smelters.
The stockpile 168 levels above, next to the farms, the millstone and the weavers shop is clearly labelled 'no metal here'
So why for the sake of Armok are you carrying the output from the strand extractor, up 168 flights of stairs and dumping it in the bins up there.
Well, at least the furnace operators are getting plenty of exercise. But I would really prefer that their work progress faster.

Yours sincerely,
Your fortress overseer, banging his head on the table.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: August 10, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »

Dear Urist McMayor and Fortress Guard,

Your mandates of various items leading to the punishment and death of a Spearmaster have gone on for far too long.

Sincerely, the almighty one who just drowned you in your own bedrooms.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: August 11, 2011, 04:25:08 am »

Dear Katana, Mayor:

You may be the only male in the fortress, but can you PLEASE stop fucking the other females?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: August 13, 2011, 12:31:59 pm »

Dear Lorbam Sazirvel, Tanner,

I asked you to pit that badger.  Instead, you decided to strangle it to death.  Perhaps you are frustrated in your job.  Maybe you wanted to make a little extra work for yourself once the butchers were done with the corpse.  Although you are ecstatic about your life, frankly I'm a little worried about you. 

Nervously,
Your Omniscient Overseer
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #2068 on: August 13, 2011, 01:02:33 pm »

Dear Overseer,

The bastard thing nearly had my thumb off and I lost my temper a bit. Sue me.

Lorbam

(Seriously, pitting dangerous creatures means there's a chance they'll attack the dwarf doing it. Fortunately some dwarves will choose to fight back rather than dropping it and running.)
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: August 13, 2011, 02:36:49 pm »

Dear Katana, Mayor:

You may be the only male in the fortress, but can you PLEASE stop fucking the other females?

You should rename him "Captain Morgan."  Because everyone has a little captain in them.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 504