Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498745 times)

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5865 on: June 28, 2014, 08:53:08 pm »

Dear Urist, when your sleeping mud-pile gets flooded with 7/7 water, please wake up, otherwise you end up *ahem* sleeping with the fishes. Perhaps also choose a wiser place to sleep. I can't always be scheduling barely-planned releases of torrents of water around your eccentric sleeping habits.

Your benevolent Overlord.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: June 29, 2014, 08:01:46 am »

Dear Urist McManager,

Please get the fuck off your fat arse and put in those work orders I ordered months ago.

Yours sincerely,

Your Overseer.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: June 29, 2014, 11:45:22 am »

dear fortress of splatbatterred,

when you are partying, don't have the entire fortress of dorfs in the party, i really need that door done. have fun with the king of beasts.

-the invisible force behind your every survival-important action that you never do.

P.S. also, dont stand there starving yourselves. i have 50 horse steaks right next to you.
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: June 29, 2014, 03:12:52 pm »

Dear Urist McMiner,

I really meant that tile to be channeled from the safety of another tile that needed to be dug out, but in your impatience you entered that space from above and channeled underneath yourself. I trully hope you enjoyed your final 'bath' and since I do not want to see you again I will drain the system recover your body entomb it and just for good measure I will add a memorial slab as well. I really don't want you coming back. I am quite thankful that it was you that died as opposed to one of the other six members of the fort.

-Overseer
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: June 30, 2014, 08:32:50 am »

Dear Urist McMason,

Next time I tell you to deconstruct some stairs, kindly ensure that no other dwarves are standing on them when you do so. Especially not our only carpenter or our militia commander. A 15-z fall is not good for the digestive system, and I'm not talking about only yours.

Sincerely,
Overser of a Recently Abandoned Fort
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: June 30, 2014, 12:30:37 pm »

Dear Urist,

How and where did you die? I really hope you didn't fall into the magma.

-Overseer
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: June 30, 2014, 12:47:23 pm »

Dear Urist,

How and where did you die? I really hope you didn't fall into the magma.

-Overseer

Dear -Overseer;

The question presented before us should be not 'where' or 'how', but rather why.  What is the purpose of one dwarf's existence when faced with the multitudes of implosions and recreations of the worlds, the blood of a dwarf when weighed  against the lifeforce of whole populations, the powers of a god when forced into the subservience of a creators whims.

We worship gods because they can curse us with the profane.  We worship the anvil because it is the symbol of industry; of enigmas and of the Spark.  We worship the ground because it holds the hidden fertility.  Under the fertility we find the mysteries and the horrors.

But what are they?  What is a brute to a theologian?  Who can deny that our knowledge is but the organization of the ignorant?  Why are we being?  Why?

-Urist
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: June 30, 2014, 02:00:18 pm »

Dea Urist McLegenaryWeaponSmith: why did you go out during a siege? The civilian alert kept everyon else inside, but you insisted on going there. Tell me, who is going to forge the candy into instruments of war now? Catten McDabbling?

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: June 30, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »

Dear MetaGod of Dwarves:

I thank you for the regular migrant waves.  I do.  I just wish that you would send me dwarves with anything approaching a useful skill.

Some of your jokes are funny - I like a Legendary +2 Cheesemaker as much as the next overseer.  Sending me carpenters in no-wood biomes, potters in no-clay biomes, woodcarvers, bone carvers, and glazers - it's a real chuckle.  I get it.

This latest round of migrants with no skills at all, though... now, the gloves are off.  I am no longer amused.

- A pissed overlord
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: June 30, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »

Dea Urist McLegenaryWeaponSmith: why did you go out during a siege? The civilian alert kept everyon else inside, but you insisted on going there. Tell me, who is going to forge the candy into instruments of war now? Catten McDabbling?

Mah'Dear Overlord,

Truth be told ah just couldn't stand all the death and dying ah was responsible for by making all those orrible orrible weapons, so ah went outside to end it all.
JUST KIDDING!
My sock sense was tingling! Socks! Troll fur socks! Ya' know the best troll fur comes from around the troll's scr—actually ah can tell ya' don't want to hear, so lets not go there. If ya' don't want the socks to be all covered in blood 'n gore ya' have to wrestle 'em off the goblin before the goblin's been all chopped up and ah should know how much a mess mah finest work can make. So there ah was, off to wrestle some socks from a goblin, and WHAA, out of nowhere, ah was dead. Ah was as surprised as ya' ah tell ya'.
Ya' loyal servant even in death (Ah think ah'll possess catten when he's half trained up, ho ho ha),
Urist McLegendaryWeaponSmith
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: July 01, 2014, 11:04:06 am »

dear urist McElf:

F**K off, i dont care about your tree limit, and enjoy lava.

and a bronze collossus if you somehow survive.

-dwarves of releasedlabor
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

Tolis Kadestozi

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Mace Lord Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: July 01, 2014, 01:28:28 pm »

Dear Urist McSuicidal.

Uhem.. I really wish you wouldn't try to scramble into the trap lined hallway that is intended for the goblins who are still not dead yet, just for his fresh sock. 

Thank you for not listening to the burrow order.  Sincerely, The Overseer

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: July 01, 2014, 07:11:56 pm »

Dear Urist McSuicidal.

Uhem.. I really wish you wouldn't try to scramble into the trap lined hallway that is intended for the goblins who are still not dead yet, just for his fresh sock. 

Thank you for not listening to the burrow order.  Sincerely, The Overseer
I'm so grateful I discovered forbid death items.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: July 02, 2014, 09:20:25 pm »

dear fortress of splatbatterred,
when you are partying, don't have the entire fortress of dorfs in the party, i really need that door done. have fun with the king of beasts.
-the invisible force behind your every survival-important action that you never do.
P.S. also, dont stand there starving yourselves. i have 50 horse steaks right next to you.

Dear Invisible Force,
But it is tradition to party at tables in Places designated for Meeting. On a side note, do you really think that the King of Beasts is courteous enough to knock first on a door? Door or not, he will likely kill us all anyhow.
Oh, and those Horse Steaks, aren't they in a Barrel designated to be moved for a job so that something can be placed in them?
-Fortress of Splatbattered

(Those are two things that may be important)

Dear Urist, when your sleeping mud-pile gets flooded with 7/7 water, please wake up, otherwise you end up *ahem* sleeping with the fishes. Perhaps also choose a wiser place to sleep. I can't always be scheduling barely-planned releases of torrents of water around your eccentric sleeping habits.
Your benevolent Overlord.

Dear Benevolent Overlord,
Dwarves like myself often get so tired from working that we sleep wherever available, such as on the floor, especially if the pathing to a bed is blocked. I'm not psychic, so I didn't know about the water. We are sometimes dumb as, or more dumb than Norns, so the phrase "eem exemely tired" applies.
With Magma, Urist
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:33:24 pm by Ianflow »
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Kreydurst

• Bay Watcher
  • Is insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: July 03, 2014, 09:09:44 am »

Dear URST MC fucking ruined my fort.

How the hell (More like who) gave you the order to pull that lever on repeat that lead to the atomsmashing of 90% of my fort while I went away to do an errand.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 504