Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 367062 times)

johnny_cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Overseer v0.27 Visualizer/Exporter - see pg9 for a 31.16 Memory.xml
« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2010, 12:55:31 pm »

I assume we're waiting on the DFHack libraries to update before this will? At any rate, posting to follow the topic; this looks pretty awesome.
The libraries shouldn't need updating, just the Memory.xml. The one here: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/raw/master/data/Memory-ng.xml is updated as peterix finishes changes; it may work now, there's a 31.18 entry.

NVM found it. Now I'm getting an application error that says 'the instruction at "0x69054f5d" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:52:10 pm by johnny_cat »

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Fortress Overseer v0.27 Visualizer/Exporter - see pg9 for a 31.16 Memory.xml
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2010, 06:08:58 pm »

Managed to import my fort to DF overseer, but at this latest version with textures I can't seem to export to .obj (it says it doesn't has the proper plugin), and 3dsmax refuses to read dxfs. Also where do I turn off textures for a barebones mesh export?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2010, 06:16:34 pm »

When will this be compatible with .18?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2010, 08:16:41 pm »

Have you tried this yet?

I assume we're waiting on the DFHack libraries to update before this will? At any rate, posting to follow the topic; this looks pretty awesome.
The libraries shouldn't need updating, just the Memory.xml. The one here: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/raw/master/data/Memory-ng.xml is updated as peterix finishes changes; it may work now, there's a 31.18 entry.
At last, she is done.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2010, 10:00:19 pm »

Have you tried this yet?

Not sure how to use that. I don't know much about coding.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2010, 10:17:25 pm »

It's actually not too complicated.

Click the link, then hit "save" and save it as "memory.xml" in your Overseer folder.  That should do the trick.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually done this with .18, but I did it back with the memory.xml for .16 and it worked just fine.
At last, she is done.

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2010, 10:20:19 pm »

throws errors, actualy. the offsets are still wrong.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2010, 10:30:11 pm »

Click the link, then hit "save" and save it as "memory.xml" in your Overseer folder.  That should do the trick.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually done this with .18, but I did it back with the memory.xml for .16 and it worked just fine.

Save? I don't know what your talking about. There is no save button!

PLANKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2010, 10:53:16 pm »

Have you tried this yet?

Worked for me cheers for that :D

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2010, 10:55:08 pm »

File -->  Save As.  Or just Crtl+S in many browsers.
At last, she is done.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2010, 07:50:53 am »

Sorry, but I don't have a apple.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2010, 07:55:13 am »

Those are Windows commands.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2010, 01:16:41 pm »

Sorry, but I don't have a apple.

I hope he's trolling... because if not... wow.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2010, 02:23:53 pm »

Also right-clicking the link and choosing "save link as" or "save target as" or whatever equivalent your browser has.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2010, 06:10:29 pm »

Well, I've seen bad trolls and horrible trolls. But this is just plain "stupid" and you should feel bad Johnfalcon99977. U puddi.

It works fine with 31.18 memory.xml
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53